Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2016, 02:26 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,975,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I don't understand how Trump is not part of the "elite" class either.
He's not. But he's not a political insider. He wasn't the Republican Party's anointed candidate. Like so many things, it's a game of perception. Perception = reality.

I think this video did a good job explaining it (without being a Trump booster, which he definitely isn't):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yR-tvxrDxA

Old 11-10-2016, 02:47 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,975,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Do you think there's an organized effort? For real? By all people in the media?
I don't think it's a deliberate conspiracy but it's no secret that about 90% of journalists are democrats/liberals. They're all for diversity, as long as it's not political diversity.

Old 11-10-2016, 08:22 AM

121 posts, read 142,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
These two articles (written before the election, no less!) have been really illuminating:

5 Reasons Why Trump Will Win | MICHAEL MOORE
How Half Of America Lost Its F**king Mind (I share many similarities with this guy and his background)

Brexit 2.0
I read those articles. If people who voted of Trump feel looked down upon by city people now let me make you aware that you've put a true psychopath in the White House. You will now be looked down on by the world. You've earned that "low information voter" title. Trump is a con man and he's not going to help you. I have no sympathy for you because you have a long history of voting for the very people that have been the architects of destruction of your economies, of OUR economies. A long history of being race bated into voting for Republican policies that have dramatically increased the burden on working class and middle class people for decades. You are responsible because of your inability to think and because you embrace you're very own ignorance by rejecting and demonizing all forms of information by deeming it "liberal" or "elite". You've put a true psychopath in the White House but you're too ignorant to actually know he's a psychopath and that you've been conned. However the world chooses to look down upon you, you've earned it.

Old 11-10-2016, 09:59 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,991,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netflix View Post
I read those articles. If people who voted of Trump feel looked down upon by city people now let me make you aware that you've put a true psychopath in the White House. You will now be looked down on by the world. You've earned that "low information voter" title. Trump is a con man and he's not going to help you. I have no sympathy for you because you have a long history of voting for the very people that have been the architects of destruction of your economies, of OUR economies. A long history of being race bated into voting for Republican policies that have dramatically increased the burden on working class and middle class people for decades. You are responsible because of your inability to think and because you embrace you're very own ignorance by rejecting and demonizing all forms of information by deeming it "liberal" or "elite". You've put a true psychopath in the White House but you're too ignorant to actually know he's a psychopath and that you've been conned. However the world chooses to look down upon you, you've earned it.
This is total unverified, emotional, MSM drivel. I love how a random guy on the internet can call a guy who built a multi-billion dollar real estate empire a "con man" psychopath despite the fact he has employed tens of thousands of people, deals with foreign vendors daily, and has managed to run a successful presidential campaign despite the resistance of BOTH political parties, and the entire main stream media.

Yeah he's just a crazy lunatic psycho foaming at the mouth. Man, you got him good.

Old 11-10-2016, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I don't think it's a deliberate conspiracy but it's no secret that about 90% of journalists are democrats/liberals. They're all for diversity, as long as it's not political diversity.
I don't see how this is even a debatable point. I don't have cable TV, but once in a while, I'll have the unfortunate instance where someone will leave a copy of the New York Times around in the office, and the NYT will have some tabloid-like headline, "Trump's wife is naked" followed by pictures of Melania in lingerie.

All the while, Hillary Clinton is being investigated by the FBI, and that's on page 8 in a 2x2 inch box.

In the exit polls, 70% of voters said the MSM was untrustworthy. So at least their antics didn't go unnoticed.

Old 11-10-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenerpastures35 View Post
Yep, this is going to be a backassward good ole boys club for the next 4 years.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.bbc.c...?client=safari

Even the Bush administration was more balanced and diverse than this. What a joke.

With republicans controlling both the senate and the house now, Trump's radical plans will go unchecked. This is very frightening.

Latinos, blacks, Muslims, and women, you better hide yo kids and hide yo wives.
Yeah, Trump only became racist once he decided to run against your savior Hillary. Let's forget the fact that he has employed thousands of latinos, blacks, and muslims, put a paycheck in their pocket every month, and helped support all of their children, and other family members.

Oh wait, that doesn't fit into your race baiting agenda.

Old 11-10-2016, 10:09 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,673,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Yeah, Trump only became racist once he decided to run against your savior Hillary. Let's forget the fact that he has employed thousands of latinos, blacks, and muslims, put a paycheck in their pocket every month, and helped support all of their children, and other family members.

So did plantation owners....

Old 11-10-2016, 10:13 AM

4 posts, read 1,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post

Wait so because he employed people of color he's not racist? LMAO you mean like how all those racist hotels and racists did through history? Just because you have "the help" employed doesn't mean you're not a racist. Typical right wing logic. "HEY I HAVE A BLACK FRIEND I CANT BE RACIST!"

He didn't rent to Blacks, He trashed the Central Park 5 Even after a guy came forward admitting to the crime, he STILL attacked them. But he's not racist. Republicans are the biggest race baiters there are but they never own up to it.

Old 11-10-2016, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
So did plantation owners....
U.S Slaves in the 19th century got a paycheck?

Old 11-10-2016, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Media Is A Joke View Post
Wait so because he employed people of color he's not racist? LMAO you mean like how all those racist hotels and racists did through history? Just because you have "the help" employed doesn't mean you're not a racist. Typical right wing logic. "HEY I HAVE A BLACK FRIEND I CANT BE RACIST!"

He didn't rent to Blacks, He trashed the Central Park 5 Even after a guy came forward admitting to the crime, he STILL attacked them. But he's not racist. Republicans are the biggest race baiters there are but they never own up to it.
Yeah because racist people like to pay salaries to minorities so they can pay for their mortgages, cars payments, and put their kids through college.

Yeah, that's what racist people do! They give you a job so you can pay your bills and live a good life!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland