Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 12:14 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,990,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
It's not a question of whether or not to protect, but how.

Tariffs are a blunt instrument. But hey, we even do them too, at times.
Umm, Trump wants to renegotiate deals. It happens in business ALL the time. As someone who runs a company, I've had to renegotiate deals regularly. Maybe the cost of a hardware piece in a long term contract goes up in price over 3 years, now that must be factored into the maintenance agreement. Agreements change due to the economics, and right now the economics are hurting America, badly.

That's why Hillary couldn't negotiate any change, she doesn't know how to negotiate deals, she thought the original version of TPP was going to actually HELP America (before she did the two-step back peddle).

I'm not sure Trump can either, but I think he negotiates from a position of knowledge and not ignorance like Hillary.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:40 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,692,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
Are there long lines at California airports this morning?

Many California celebrities shot their mouth off about leaving the US if Trump won.

Bon Voyage
It does seem silly when people proudly proclaim they are leaving if so and so is elected.

Reports the immigration site for Canada crashed.

My neighbor left when Bush was elected... sold what he could not take to New Zealand... was hoping for a Obama win so he could come back and did just that...

Said New Zealand was nice and all but it was not home.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:43 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,990,256 times
Miley Cyrus is on the trump train!

Miley Cyrus Breaks Down in Tears Over Hillary's Loss | TMZ.com

Old 11-09-2016, 12:44 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
It has just begun...

Global Markets are crashing and protestors marching in Berkeley and SF...

Just shows what a house of cards we live in.

Only time will tell.

It's not surprising because even a few days ago the common water cooler talk is Trump should man up and pull out since he has zero chance... I guess this is why they call it an upset.

Even though he won it is still a 50/50 as far as voters.

I do think the more dirt and negatives from media only revved up his core...

American is more than major metro areas and both sides said getting out the vote is more important than ever... and this seems to be exactly what happened.

I am disappointed not a word from Hilary...
The markets are not in such a bad shape today. In fact they might even reach new highs in the DJIA.

Protests were just a thought , but I believe faded as the night went on.

Amazing this morning , I had a meeting in the Mission , went for some gum to a Latino mom and pop store, the elderly owner was grinning from ear to ear. As I left, I commented Trump and nodded at her , she smiled even bigger , said Trump really softly and winked .......so cute to see it.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:50 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Free Speech View Post
Latinos LOVE Trump. The Liberal Media lied to everybody. They need to be held Accountable.
Who needs to be held accountable for what exactly???

Old 11-09-2016, 12:53 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
The question now is how long before Trump crashes the economy.

I'm hoping he gives me at least two years time, but my gut tells me it will come much sooner than that.

At any rate, I've already made defensive preparation so it was good to be prepared.
Yup. Tech boom is done for. And Bay Area economy will not take this hit lightly.

Silicon Valley Braces for Uncertainty.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:02 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Latinos LOVE Trump. The Liberal Media lied to everybody. They need to be held Accountable.
New Mexico is 50% Latino and 9% Native American. It was a resounding victory for Hillary.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:03 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
BLM = KKK for Black people. They are a racist anti white terrorist organization.
The Bureau of Land Management?

Old 11-09-2016, 01:08 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
Quote:
The Liberal Media for their Divisive racist lies. The Liberal Media and Obama have spent 8 years dividing this country and putting down whites.
Do you think there's an organized effort? For real? By all people in the media?

I'm just trying to really understand you're thinking here because it's incredibly far fetched.

And, how do you imply that they "be held accountable" exactly? What does that actually entail?

Old 11-09-2016, 01:11 PM

121 posts, read 142,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Do you think there's an organized effort? For real? By all people in the media?

I'm just trying to really understand you're thinking here because it's incredibly far fetched.

And, how do you imply that they "be held accountable" exactly? What does that actually entail?
You're wasting your time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland