Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 09:36 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,786,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
So in your opinion, if the leader of a cult that believers in sacrificing children were to support Hillary, then that automatically cancels every vote Hillary received and automatically disqualifies her from the election?

You see, this is why Hillary lost and her supporters act so shocked, they are so out of touch with reality living in their little bubble they created where they only let in words that go exactly with their own beliefs.
Lets clarify
the white nationalist and neo nazis think this was racism
Minorities think this was racism

Sounds like these are your experts on racism unless you want to ask Skip and bufffy at the country club

Old 11-09-2016, 09:50 PM

290 posts, read 346,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenerpastures35 View Post
This is the only wall that trump will ever build

What a joke.
That's what I love about all the conservatives critiquing my home state following this election. Good luck running the US without the sixth largest economy in the world.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:11 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
Lets clarify
the white nationalist and neo nazis think this was racism
Minorities think this was racism

Sounds like these are your experts on racism unless you want to ask Skip and bufffy at the country club
Keep living in your bubble like Moore states as the reason why Hillary lost this election. Keep ignoring the fact there is a large hard working class group in America that has been ignored by everyone. It will just help elect Trump again. You can blame it on racism all you want, but it's no different than the tea baggers who thought the only reason Obama won was bevause everyone wanted freebies.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:33 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Keep living in your bubble like Moore states as the reason why Hillary lost this election. Keep ignoring the fact there is a large hard working class group in America that has been ignored by everyone. It will just help elect Trump again. You can blame it on racism all you want, but it's no different than the tea baggers who thought the only reason Obama won was bevause everyone wanted freebies.
Except Bernie.

Old 11-09-2016, 10:53 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,609 times
The replies have been diverse and above all else emotive, with an underlying respect for different viewpoints which can only auger well for future discourse. Thank you to everyone who came in to give their opinions.

As much as this city and many others like it have been bastions of Liberal thinking for so long now, can we be so insular or comfortably detached to the fate of Middle America going forward?. It was , as we have seen, this long forgotten vast wilderness of culture and traditions which swung the election for Trump. The implications are clear, ignore this great area of the land, home to the unwashed and ignorant of the nation , at your peril. Trump showed in his crazy form of wisdom, the basic understanding of the electoral college system to provide some equal distribution of resources from state to state and in between. Otherwise, the vast populations on the coasts would hog the limelight to the detriment of all the rest.

An urbanite with real rural sensibilities , even a country boy or girl with urban charm are the core ingredients to success in a presidential election. Hillary transplanted her heart to the coast(s) and left it there. The biggest error in judgment she is ever likely to make in her now defunct political career.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:07 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,825,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
The replies have been diverse and above all else emotive, with an underlying respect for different viewpoints which can only auger well for future discourse. Thank you to everyone who came in to give their opinions.

As much as this city and many others like it have been bastions of Liberal thinking for so long now, can we be so insular or comfortably detached to the fate of Middle America going forward?. It was , as we have seen, this long forgotten vast wilderness of culture and traditions which swung the election for Trump. The implications are clear, ignore this great area of the land, home to the unwashed and ignorant of the nation , at your peril. Trump showed in his crazy form of wisdom, the basic understanding of the electoral college system to provide some equal distribution of resources from state to state and in between. Otherwise, the vast populations on the coasts would hog the limelight to the detriment of all the rest.

An urbanite with real rural sensibilities , even a country boy or girl with urban charm are the core ingredients to success in a presidential election. Hillary transplanted her heart to the coast(s) and left it there. The biggest error in judgment she is ever likely to make in her now defunct political career.
Many people here in the Bay Area have no idea how the rest of the country thinks. They have never had a conversation with someone in the mid west or south. All they know is how msm and social media portray these strangers to them. Many people here are stuck in the echo chamber where group think reigns supreme. They are never challenged ideologically and just bounce the same assumptions and baseless opinions back and forth. This is t to say the same thing doesn't happen in places like the mid west, but people in the mid west hear all the opinions of those of us on the coast through the media etc.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:11 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Except Bernie.
Yes, I mentioned this before, which is why I said there is an actual connection between Trump and Sanders. The establishment in both parties hated them, the difference is the DNC actually took it upon themselves to influence and mold their primary election in favor of Clinton, while the RNC allowed the public to decide themselves. If Sanders were the nominee, I'm sure he would have won the general election.

Bottom line, Clinton represents the status quo of the "I know better than you" elite establishment politician class who is funded by corporate America, special interests and big donors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Many people here in the Bay Area have no idea how the rest of the country thinks. They have never had a conversation with someone in the mid west or south. All they know is how msm and social media portray these strangers to them. Many people here are stuck in the echo chamber where group think reigns supreme. They are never challenged ideologically and just bounce the same assumptions and baseless opinions back and forth. This is t to say the same thing doesn't happen in places like the mid west, but people in the mid west hear all the opinions of those of us on the coast through the media etc.
People in other parts of the country get more exposure to opposing ideas. People in the Bay Area like you mentioned only hear one side, they choose to live in a bubble and whenever they do come across someone with a different view, they want to shut them down, so they cannot even speak.

Old 11-09-2016, 11:12 PM

3,247 posts, read 6,303,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirocco View Post
The city is so quiet tonight. In Wholefoods tonight, we noticed everyone had their eyes down , not looking very happy at all.

I felt like the solitary Trump supporter among the masses. Everyone I spoke with had nothing but disdain for Trump.

We just opened a celebratory bottle of Chateau Lynch-Bages for tonight and will sleep a little later.

How about you , did you secretly vote for Trump , or always felt Hillary had your vote not matter what
It was a great victory for liberty and freedom in America! I will be celebrating for the rest of the month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRVPLPFoJL0

Old 11-10-2016, 12:37 AM

1,516 posts, read 1,249,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenerpastures35 View Post
I am not a big Hillary fan but I think a lot of this boiled down to the fact that this country is just not ready to have a female president. If the Democrats had a male candidate, I think there would have been a much different outcome.
I'm glad the first woman president won't be someone as dishonest and corrupt as HRC. I had no problem not voting or supporting her, even as a woman myself.

Old 11-10-2016, 02:15 AM

83 posts, read 92,759 times
Default White power!

Yep, this is going to be a backassward good ole boys club for the next 4 years.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.bbc.c...?client=safari

Even the Bush administration was more balanced and diverse than this. What a joke.

With republicans controlling both the senate and the house now, Trump's radical plans will go unchecked. This is very frightening.

Latinos, blacks, Muslims, and women, you better hide yo kids and hide yo wives.

Last edited by Greenerpastures35; 11-10-2016 at 02:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland