Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 01:24 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,784,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I'm so glad Trump won, the media and Clinton supporters mocked Trump supporters saying we have no chance. Heck, even in this forum people portrayed this arrogant cockiness attitude too. Michael Moore was right after all and he tried to warn his base, but people didn't take him serious.
The biased media now attributes President Trump's win to rural uneducated white voters. All the Asians I know voted for him. They are educated professionals who are sick and tired of the way things are.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:32 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
The biased media now attributes President Trump's win to rural uneducated white voters. All the Asians I know voted for him. They are educated professionals who are sick and tired of the way things are.
And all their kids are wondering why their parents think Trump has their interests at heart.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:38 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Miley Cyrus will do anything , anything she believes will make her popular

Too bad Miley , you picked sides before and were oh so wrong

Can you not do anything in your life that does not spank of self promotion.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:01 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,138,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
It has just begun...

Global Markets are crashing and protestors marching in Berkeley and SF...

Global markets will recover. Berkeley and SF? What great yardsticks you have there........

Just shows what a house of cards we live in.

Paranoid

Only time will tell.

Of course.

I guess this is why they call it an upset.

Snowflakes upset easily.

I am disappointed not a word from Hilary...
Hiding under her bed in Chappaqua.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:33 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
And all their kids are wondering why their parents think Trump has their interests at heart.
So many people have been conned by his ridiculous promises that he can't (or probably doesn't even intend to) keep.

I know people back in Ohio where I grew up that are educated and voted for him. When pressed about it, they find him to be a dispicable human being - but they think his "economic policies" will benefit them. I.E. they somehow think he's going to bring manufacturing jobs back there. They bought this part of his message. Basically support IN SPITE of all of his terrible qualities.

It's a fools errand...those jobs are never coming back. He used these people - and I fear the next 4 years will prove that. I only hope the backlash isn't as bad as these past 18 months have been.

I agree we need to pay attention to our depressed regions, but trying to bring back the past is not the answer.

I'd love to be wrong - and as an American will give him a chance. Because it's the right thing to do (honor the country's process, even if I very much disagree with the result). But I sure have an immense amount of skepticism.

Old 11-09-2016, 03:54 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,987,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Their parents are wondering nothing. Electing Hillary, someone who has been under FBI investigation twice (and whose foundation is still under FBI investigation), would have been a far worse message.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Their parents are wondering nothing. Electing Hillary, someone who has been under FBI investigation twice (and whose foundation is still under FBI investigation), would have been a far worse message.
Would it have? I'm not so sure that's true. We have had crooked politicians before...but the message this sends in relation to the insanity that was Trump's campaign and statements he has made (both during his campaign and before it) is rather unprecendented. He is endorsing thoughts and behaviors that are pretty abhorent and downright dangerous. I feel that sends a far worse message to the world and our youth than electing a possibly-corrupt women to power.

And if you want to technical, he's basically admitted to sexual assault, and multiple women have come out saying it happened...what's that statement about people in glass houses?

Old 11-09-2016, 04:09 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,672,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
So many people have been conned by his ridiculous promises that he can't (or probably doesn't even intend to) keep.

I know people back in Ohio where I grew up that are educated and voted for him. When pressed about it, they find him to be a dispicable human being - but they think his "economic policies" will benefit them. I.E. they somehow think he's going to bring manufacturing jobs back there. They bought this part of his message. Basically support IN SPITE of all of his terrible qualities.

It's a fools errand...those jobs are never coming back. He used these people - and I fear the next 4 years will prove that. I only hope the backlash isn't as bad as these past 18 months have been.

I agree we need to pay attention to our depressed regions, but trying to bring back the past is not the answer.

I'd love to be wrong - and as an American will give him a chance. Because it's the right thing to do (honor the country's process, even if I very much disagree with the result). But I sure have an immense amount of skepticism.
I have no idea but there are several key policies coming home to roost.

No matter the spin... the Affordable Care Act has not delivered and passed without Republicans...

There have also been comments like the Republicans are welcomed to get on board to the back of the bus.

The President has been the most outspoken of any President in my life time when it comes to a successor.

On the farming side of the family it has been a rough go due to ever increasing regulation and cost...

I do think it Trumps win was not so much a vote for Trump as against the Status Quo...

Old 11-09-2016, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
I have no idea but there are several key policies coming home to roost.

No matter the spin... the Affordable Care Act has not delivered and passed without Republicans...

There have also been comments like the Republicans are welcomed to get on board to the back of the bus.

The President has been the most outspoken of any President in my life time when it comes to a successor.

On the farming side of the family it has been a rough go due to ever increasing regulation and cost...

I do think it Trumps win was not so much a vote for Trump as against the Status Quo...
I know this. But I think Trump is promising the impossible. And by voting for Trump you are validating the awfulness that was the last 18 months. post-Brexit found an increase in race-related crimes/incidents - we should be prepared to expect the same here as people look at the success of running a "fear of the other" campaign, making it "OK" to act that way themselves (hey, if the president is doing it, I should too).

Repeal ACA - fine...but then what? You're going to have to figure out another plan that still keeps the same benefits that people now expect (health insurance for all, ability to keep children on plans longer, no rejection of coverage for pre-existing conditions, etc.)...and still somehow do that in a way that pleases everyone - the patients, the doctors, the hospitals, the insurance companies, and the drug/pharmaceutical companies (basically...impossible).

I have no idea what your back of the bus comment means...

Farming is under attack from a lot of angles - and I don't think it has anything to necesarilly do with government. Industrial-scale farming and patent issues have been putting more pressure on farming than anything. If you're talking specifically about CA farmers...well, we do live in a state that has a finite amount of water, and we have antiquated water right laws that we have to work with...there are probably solutions out there, and they don't necesarilly have to do with "blowing up the whole system" or electing in a bigoted a-hole.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:24 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,987,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Would it have?
LOL!

"[Would it have been] worse to have the first presidential candidate under FBI investigation to have been elected?"

The fact that you can even ask that question is the reason I'm glad Hillary's political career is dead and gone. Good riddance.

The problem with the far left, and especially the leftist that supported Hillary's failed campaign is that they seemed to totally disregard anything and everything questionable that Hillary has done, and still gave her zombie-like support. For someone to actually vote for Hillary, they have to ignore 1) She sold the state department to foreign entities 2) She stole money from Haitians, 3) She endangered national security, 4) she let Americans get dragged through the streets of Benghazi... I could go on and on. But as far as I know, Trump has never let Americans get slaughtered and then lied about it.

Trump is a straight male who likes *****. So what. Get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland