Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 05:47 AM

166 posts, read 304,475 times

Advertisements

Richard, this is a really old thread( last previous post is a year old) so you might want to re-post with a new one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 08:51 AM

63 posts, read 299,667 times
Hello. Did you make your move into Healdburg? Just curious because I am looking to move into N. California next year. Wondering what you found? I have other threads, stating what I am looking for, but I'm looking at Sebastopol, Mill Valley, Fairfax, and other towns, such as Healdsburg. So, I am curious where you moved and how you feel about the move? Any info is helpful. Thanks!

Old 10-04-2012, 02:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,576 times
Default Healdsburg Perspective

I live in Florida (where it is always hot and muggy 6 months of the year). I may be moving to Sonoma area over the next few years. Starting some research now.

How hot is Healdsburg? 90 but low humidity? 90 during the day, but 55 at night?

How many houses need A/C in this part of California?

Thanks!

Old 10-05-2012, 05:16 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
California doesn't have humidity like that. Sonoma and Napa counties do get up to the 80s and occasionally low 90s, being more inland and away from the water, but minus the humidity and, yes, it cools down at night. I don't know anyone who uses AC in that area, unlike Sacramento or Stockton.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:22 PM

2,849 posts, read 4,521,584 times
A/C can be helpful in the Cloverdale region, possibly Healdsburg - but you might be able to get away with a swamp cooler too.

Growing up in Santa Rosa, we never had an A/C or a swamp cooler & realistically, there was only 1 or 2 days out of the year that it would've been nice to have. The evening fog was our natural cooler for 99% of the year.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:30 PM

46 posts, read 202,047 times
Judging by the way everyone I know who's moved to Sonoma county from somewhere hot reacts to summer evenings in NorCal, that fog is likely to feel like an arctic blast to you coming from Florida. July and August are typically very hot during the day, and then around 4 or 5 in the afternoon the wet and windy fog rolls in fast and the temperature plunges. It makes sleeping in a house without AC no trouble at all, but it takes some getting used to for new people.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:52 PM

115 posts, read 228,772 times
I guess it depends on your heat tolerance...we live in Santa Rosa and have found AC to be quite helpful on several occasions since our home is 2 story and the upstairs tends to retain the heat in the mid-late afternoons. We don't have central AC, we just use portable units that we vent through the windows in the living room and each of the bedrooms. What we usually end up doing in the bedrooms upstairs is run the AC for a couple hours after the heat gets up to about 80 degrees inside so it drops down to about 68 - 70 by the time we go to bed, then we turn off the AC and open the windows and let the cool night air do its thing. If we didn't, even with the windows open the room would take several hours to become tolerable for us to sleep in, but then again maybe we're wimps. We rarely have to run the downstairs AC unit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland