Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 07:33 PM

7 posts, read 92,698 times

Advertisements

I'm a few years out of college and currently live in Fort Lauderdale, FL. I decided a while ago that I wanted to move to an area that has more professional opportunities where I can make more $$$. I interviewed for a job last week in Emeryville and got the it. I'm stoked, but am still trying to get more information on the area.

Money isn't too much of an object as I would just be renting a 1 bedroom apt. I'm hoping to get a place under $1500/month. The big question is where should I live?

Since I'm moving out there solo, I would like to live in an area where there are a lot of cool, laid back blonde California girls. Here in Fort Lauderdale, there are certain neighborhoods where good looking people hang out (beach, downtown). Where would be the equivelant be in the Bay Area. I'm not interested in living around cosmopolitian, liberal elitist type of girls. Nor do I care to meet Asian girls (no offense to anyone, but I heard that is popular on the west coast ). Just looking for a neighborhood where there are down to earth, pretty girls that like to go to bars, football games, etc. How is Emeryville itself to live in? Any other recomendations?

Old 11-09-2009, 08:02 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,037,241 times
Unfortunately there aren't many hot girls here...Oh, how I'm going to make enemies with this post! But really, it's true. The Bay Area is full of girls who THINK they're hot but really aren't. There are tons of them walking around with their noses in the air thinking they're a "10" when really in any other part of the country or even other parts of CA they'd be a "5" or "6". I'm sure tons of people will read this response and get all up in arms about it, but after living my whole life here I can honestly say it's true. There are lots of girls here who aren't hot but think they are and the girls that actually are hot won't let most guys come within 50 feet of them unless the guy makes $250k+ and looks like a Ken doll.

I came to all of this realization a few years ago. I've come to see that almost everywhere else I go, I see pretty girls just out and about their business (grocery store, gym, bank, etc.)...and I just don't see that here very often. The only place where there does seem to be a reasonable amount of attractive girls and where you may have luck finding pretty blondes is in the inland East Bay areas along I-680 (Pleasanton, San Ramon, Danville, etc.).

And to those who think I'm a bitter guy who's been shot down one to many times...simply not true. I'm actually married- to a beautiful blonde, no less...and I'm reasonably good looking and make decent money! I'm just pointing out my observations from 29+ years of growing up here. I know I'm not alone in my thinking either. I've discussed this issue with many guys before and have found many to be in agreement with me.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:17 PM

37,127 posts, read 42,193,480 times
Quote:
The only place where there does seem to be a reasonable amount of attractive girls and where you may have luck finding pretty blondes is in the inland East Bay areas along I-680 (Pleasanton, San Ramon, Danville, etc.).
It's true And not just blonds.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:35 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,631,650 times
they usually move to Southern CA

Old 11-09-2009, 08:38 PM

1,340 posts, read 2,803,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunInTheSun22 View Post
I'm a few years out of college and currently live in Fort Lauderdale, FL. I decided a while ago that I wanted to move to an area that has more professional opportunities where I can make more $$$. I interviewed for a job last week in Emeryville and got the it. I'm stoked, but am still trying to get more information on the area.

Money isn't too much of an object as I would just be renting a 1 bedroom apt. I'm hoping to get a place under $1500/month. The big question is where should I live?

Since I'm moving out there solo, I would like to live in an area where there are a lot of cool, laid back blonde California girls. Here in Fort Lauderdale, there are certain neighborhoods where good looking people hang out (beach, downtown). Where would be the equivelant be in the Bay Area. I'm not interested in living around cosmopolitian, liberal elitist type of girls. Nor do I care to meet Asian girls (no offense to anyone, but I heard that is popular on the west coast ). Just looking for a neighborhood where there are down to earth, pretty girls that like to go to bars, football games, etc. How is Emeryville itself to live in? Any other recomendations?

Womans Correction Center, 37th and Larsen in Alameda .

Old 11-09-2009, 09:17 PM

10,624 posts, read 26,726,665 times
I think you're looking in the wrong metro area. Most of the Bay Area is by its very nature "cosmopolitan," and even the conservative parts of the area are pretty liberal. Not that there aren't some attractive blonde conservative non-cosmopolitan girls floating around somewhere if you look hard enough.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:22 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,009,038 times
Since I've moved up to this area, they're all hanging around me. You've got Hugh Hefner and his little place down by L.A., then there's my place up here. That's about it.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:04 PM

1,629 posts, read 5,381,575 times
Quote:

The Bay Area isn't known for hot blonde women. The Marina District is the only area that I can think of where there are a lot of blondes. However, they are for the most part liberal and usually wealthy.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:22 PM

1,054 posts, read 2,155,510 times
Quote:

Yeah I know what your talking about. Alot of girls in the Bay Area are just as you described but all is not lost.

I would say first you should try the South Bay. The San Jose area. Lots more "normal" women out that way. Also like the other guy said Pleasanton, Livermore, 680 area etc,. is good too.

Personally me and my boys like going to Berkeley and Downtown San Jose to meet chicks. Believe it or not there are alot of "down to earth" college age girls in Berkeley. Many of them going to university and not from California (and lots of nerdy guys that increase our odds lol). They are liberal but they tend to be really cool to talk to. I guess you could say they are not "elitist" but rather "intellectual" but in a sexy kind of way.

Anyways thats my take. Good luck dude.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:47 AM

7 posts, read 92,698 times
I have a gut feeling that there are a lot of good looking babes in the Bay Area. However, they might not all be in the same area. Down here, they usually congregate to the beach area. How are the beaches in Northern California? Is there a large scene that revolves around the beach?

Another concern about moving to the SF area is the cost of living. Right now, I live in a brand new luxury building with a rooftop pool, sauna, valet parking, concierge, great brazilian restaurant, etc etc. My rent is under $1300. Our building has an amazing social scene and a lot of folks just hang out at the pool all day, have a few drinks, and just meet new people. What can I expect to pay for a similar place in the East Bay?

Thanks everyone, your responses have been very helpful so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland