Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2023, 08:23 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blameyourself View Post
I don't have a crystal ball. Do you? Based on the trends of A's fans....yeah, I'd say it's wrong.

At this juncture, I've proved my point to any objective person that wants to read this. Keep your dogmatic arguing going. It doesn't concern me as you have no facts to back you up. Have a nice night.

You don’t need one, all you have to do is read the article. You didn’t actually do that did you?

So anyone who doesn’t agree with you isn’t objective? Like I said Pot meet Kettle

The facts also show the Giants “fans” didn’t start showing up to PacBell….
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2023, 12:17 AM

9,977 posts, read 5,677,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
This should be obvious to anyone that has paid attention and that isn't a biased Giants "fan"

If A's leave for Las Vegas, blame Giants for helping drive them from Bay Area

“If it were not for the Giants’ vehement and combative opposition a decade ago,” former San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo said, “I have zero doubt — and I share this view with many people most deeply engaged in bringing an MLB team to San Jose — that the A’s would be playing in downtown San Jose today in a stadium built at no taxpayer expense.
That's too bad, I was looking forward to cheering on the San Hose A's

Old 04-27-2023, 10:17 AM

6,416 posts, read 8,276,539 times
Screw the owners, screw the city of Oakland. Fans got hosed big time and I won't be cheering for them in Vegas. Go Mariners!

Old 04-27-2023, 11:07 AM

3,429 posts, read 1,562,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Screw the owners, screw the city of Oakland. Fans got hosed big time and I won't be cheering for them in Vegas. Go Mariners!
I'm thinking they're not too concerned about that. They weren't supported by fans so moving to a vacation destination like Vegas makes sense. They'll get support by locals and plenty of visitors will be happy to see their favorite teams also.

Old 04-27-2023, 08:15 PM

389 posts, read 399,540 times
I think they should relocate to Sacramento or Stockton. Native New Yorker here who has love for the Bay Area and the Sacramento area. I took a vacation when I younger to Stockton and realized how much the Oakland fan base is between Oakland and Sacramento. That fan base deserves to keep enjoying their team. I would love to see the stadium in Stockton be rebuilt to hold a professional team. Anywhere in that area.

Moving to Nevada will generate many opinions in my opinion. Maybe Nevada should get their own professional team, but I learned that a big portion of Oakland’s fan base really is towns like Dublin, Antioch, Stockton, Sacramento, Modesto, etc.

Leaving for Nevada is gonna make these fans upset and feel like they have nothing to root for.

Again, I traveled to that area when I was younger to see people I know. I realized much they rely on the A’s and how much that team means to them.

I know it’s a business, but ownership should realize they are affecting a lot of people if the really choose to move.

Old 04-27-2023, 08:35 PM

8,491 posts, read 4,735,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
I fully feel for the loyal A's fans. They want to keep their team in their home town or at least near it.

There are plenty of die-hard A's and Raider fans from the Sacramento Area, and they likely became fans because its the closest the MLB and NFL had to offer, but at least the Bay Area will still have all the major league sports when and if the A's actually do
leave.

It's not done until it's really done........After being in Sacramento for nearly 30 years, the Sacramento Kings (NBA) were for sure gone in 2011-2013, first to Anaheim, then later to Seattle...but the fans, the mayor of Sacramento Kevin Johnson, and a billionaire from the Silicon Valley (Vivek Ranadive) built a fabulous new Era NBA arena, and kept the team in Sacramento.
Ah, Vivek…my Ma worked at TIBCO before we left California. Interesting dude. He hated scones and called them “dead Bisquick”, lol! My Ma was the CFO’s executive assistant and did a lot of work assembling board packages, putting together their road show presentation for their IPO, etc, so my Ma interacted with him a lot. The CFO she came to the company with was a big-time car guy, won the Grand National Roadster Show one year. Vivek had the CFO pick out a new car for him, and I got to ride in it as Vivek’s PA picked it up from the dealer and delivered it to the office. Silver Jag XK8 roadster. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane!

Old 04-28-2023, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrekker96 View Post
I think they should relocate to Sacramento or Stockton. Native New Yorker here who has love for the Bay Area and the Sacramento area. I took a vacation when I younger to Stockton and realized how much the Oakland fan base is between Oakland and Sacramento. That fan base deserves to keep enjoying their team. I would love to see the stadium in Stockton be rebuilt to hold a professional team. Anywhere in that area.

Moving to Nevada will generate many opinions in my opinion. Maybe Nevada should get their own professional team, but I learned that a big portion of Oakland’s fan base really is towns like Dublin, Antioch, Stockton, Sacramento, Modesto, etc.

Leaving for Nevada is gonna make these fans upset and feel like they have nothing to root for.

Again, I traveled to that area when I was younger to see people I know. I realized much they rely on the A’s and how much that team means to them.

I know it’s a business, but ownership should realize they are affecting a lot of people if the really choose to move.
It will generate many opinions and make them upset, will it? So what. With the attendance numbers the A's have had, it's probably time to get a new fan base. With that said, diehard Raiders fans go to games in Vegas all the time. It's a quick ride on Southwest out of Oakland. A's fans can do the same if they're so darn loyal.

Last edited by blameyourself; 04-28-2023 at 01:11 AM..

Old 04-28-2023, 12:31 PM

Quote:
It will generate many opinions and make them upset, will it? So what. With the attendance numbers the A's have had, it's probably time to get a new fan base. With that said, diehard Raiders fans go to games in Vegas all the time. It's a quick ride on Southwest out of Oakland. A's fans can do the same if they're so darn loyal.
With that logic the Giants should have left for Tampa Bay.

Yeah real "diehard" lol

Longtime Raiders fans frustrated by passive Las Vegas fans

Raider Nation Upset with Number of Opposing Fans

Reports Says Mark Davis is “Embarrassed” by the “Friendly Home” that Allegiant Stadium is Becoming for Opposing Fans

Old 04-28-2023, 01:09 PM

Yawn

Oh what would a day be like without Sav's argumentative and dogmatic replies using her typical Op-Eds. And of course, anyone can find anything on the internet if they cherry pick. Kinda like this article and many others that applaud the Raiders fan base (but do keep pushing your ridiculous narratives Sav and ignore all the counter arguments that as usual, call out your nonsense like the A's great attendance numbers)....

https://www.thesportsgeek.com/blog/t...team-fanbases/

https://www.fandomanalytics.com/post...-rankings-2022

As to opposing fans being at a game in Las Vegas.....DUH! That was planned all along and was already addressed. Las Vegas is a resort destination so it's not exactly surprising to pretty much anyone but you that they would have lots of visiting fans. Last I checked the attendance exceeds that of Oakland so I'm guessing Mark Davis isn't too upset despite the front he puts on.

Last edited by blameyourself; 04-28-2023 at 01:23 PM..

Old 04-28-2023, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Yawn

Oh what would a day be like without Sav's argumentative and dogmatic replies using her typical Op-Eds. And of course, anyone can find anything on the internet if they cherry pick. Kinda like this article and many others that applaud the Raiders fan base (but do keep pushing your ridiculous narratives Sav and ignore all the counter arguments that as usual, call out your nonsense like the A's great attendance numbers)....

https://www.thesportsgeek.com/blog/t...team-fanbases/

https://www.fandomanalytics.com/post...-rankings-2022

As to opposing fans being at a game in Las Vegas.....DUH! That was planned all along and was already addressed. Las Vegas is a resort destination so it's not exactly surprising to pretty much anyone but you that they would have lots of visiting fans. Last I checked the attendance exceeds that of Oakland so I'm guessing Mark Davis isn't too upset despite the front he puts on.
They're not applauding the Raiders fanbase IN Las Vegas, which was the point that was clearly missed.

No worse than the Giants at the Stick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland