Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 12:52 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,199,177 times

Advertisements

If he's an MS-13 there is a good chance that he's an illegal. Why in hell can't we enforce our immigration laws! What a pity that they did away with quotas in 1965 too.:-(

Old 06-28-2008, 02:10 PM

188 posts, read 920,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
If he's an MS-13 there is a good chance that he's an illegal. Why in hell can't we enforce our immigration laws! What a pity that they did away with quotas in 1965 too.:-(
Are you friggin serious? Yes returning to an explicitly racist immigration policy would solve all our problems. Lifting the quotas allowed many groups, particularly well-educated doctors and engineers from Asia to come here and expand our science and technology fields into world leading forces. Quotas were put in place due to unfounded xenophobic fears of Chinese and Italian Catholics. I dont know whether this guy is legal or illegal (his lawyers say otherwise) but I hate to see people's contempt for the crime be thrust upon a whole ethnic group and population.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:18 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,522,848 times
Weren't there other people in his vehicle? Maybe we should wait until he is tried to determine guilt. I'm as horrified as anyone by this crime, and think the shooter should get the death penalty, but innocent until proven guilty, IMO.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:21 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Is that a gang? I heard something (on the news) about his ties to a national gang, so that's probably it... oy.
MS-13 -- a gang so violent it makes the other gangs look like a trip to Disney World....

And Lugh -- A political party? Are you kidding me?? Politicians serve only to the moneyed electorate. And then they pander to the poor. Another party is the LAST thing we need.

This is a problem that has taken generations to create and it will take generations to solve. First things first is we have to either get rid of drugs or legalize them. This "war on drugs" crap is just that -- a money making crap hole venture. Legalized we could tax the hell out of them, and dismantle the drug trade that runs the cash through the gangs.

The next thing is we have to get parents to PARENT. With real two parent families. (And no -- not necessarily a mommy and daddy -- two parents usually means two incomes and more stability and a better chance that at least one parent will be available to tend to the kids) The next thing is to fix our schools so each kid that graduates has a real high school education, and a fighting chance at a real future.

All this stuff has been politicized up the wazoo... yeah -- we need a another party.

Old 06-28-2008, 03:36 PM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
They didn't mention anything about his immigration status, so it's kinda wrong for us to make assumptions... but I knew somebody would, since that happens any time a Hispanic person commits a crime. Does it really matter anyway? Three innocent people are dead, and unfortunately closing our borders isn't going to stop crimes like this. Not to mention, immigration LAWS certainly don't affect those who come illegally... hmmmmmmm.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:22 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,522,848 times
Quote:
They didn't mention anything about his immigration status, so it's kinda wrong for us to make assumptions... but I knew somebody would, since that happens any time a Hispanic person commits a crime. Does it really matter anyway? Three innocent people are dead, and unfortunately closing our borders isn't going to stop crimes like this. Not to mention, immigration LAWS certainly don't affect those who come illegally... hmmmmmmm.

Now THAT is a good point!

Old 06-28-2008, 11:48 PM

66 posts, read 212,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
glad they arrested someone and if he is guilty I hope he is punished severely. It's one thing when criminals kill each other but it's just so sad when innocent people who are good citizens get killed for no good reason. Can't even begin to imagine what his wife and the rest of his family is going through....

He should be put to death. But they dont do that around here, do they? He'll probably get 3 years and be out in 1.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:40 AM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraigk1 View Post
He should be put to death. But they dont do that around here, do they? He'll probably get 3 years and be out in 1.
Kamala Harris has come under fire for her firm no death penalty stance, but it's one a great many people believe in. (I do, for one) However, she has set up a team of attorneys to look at each case that could qualify and assess the need.

Because sometimes, something so horrific happens every one agrees -- this one has GOT to GO.

This is one of those times.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:28 AM

Quote:
A nation that does not have control of its borders is no longer a nation.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker400 View Post
Are you friggin serious? Yes returning to an explicitly racist immigration policy would solve all our problems. Lifting the quotas allowed many groups, particularly well-educated doctors and engineers from Asia to come here and expand our science and technology fields into world leading forces. Quotas were put in place due to unfounded xenophobic fears of Chinese and Italian Catholics. I dont know whether this guy is legal or illegal (his lawyers say otherwise) but I hate to see people's contempt for the crime be thrust upon a whole ethnic group and population.
Because if he is here illegally he has no business being here in the first place!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland