Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2010, 12:08 PM

2,352 posts, read 5,254,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPT Oakland View Post
I don't' get it, the mods actually engage in back and forth with this guy.
Maybe because I actually have valid points worthy of discussion, and don't foam at the mouth and cry every time someone says something bad about Mission Viejo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 12:13 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,282,608 times
nobody in THIS forum cares about mission viejo
it's an awful orange county suburb that nobody in NorCal would waste time attacking- it's irrelevant

we're sorry you have nothing better to do than bash our town, but quit derailing each and every one of the threads that have to do with OAKLAND.

we are all aware of the violence in this town troll

Old 06-30-2010, 12:16 PM

205 posts, read 211,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
Maybe because I actually have valid points worthy of discussion, and don't foam at the mouth and cry every time someone says something bad about Mission Viejo.
Sure you do, you're a psycho with no life obsessed with crime stats. Why would people up here give a damn about Mission Viejo? WE DON'T LIVE THERE. I don't even think you live there. You probably live in Oildale. You keep changing your locations and how many houses you own. You're a mental case.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:53 PM

That's the difference between you and I. People say Mission Viejo is boring, and suburban, and I don't care. I know where I live, and I know it doesn't need defending.

Many of the Oakland Crew here seem hyper sensitive to crime data being posted about the city for new City Data members. Why is that? What are you trying to hide? Why are you trying to hide it?

Old 06-30-2010, 12:58 PM

Because the "Oakland Crew" LIVE IN OAKLAND. We know where the good and bad area's are. We know there is crime in certain parts of the city, we are not idiotic enough to think the entire city is bad. We are not scared of our own shadows like your fake E personality plays to be.

Every large city has crime pockets. YOU already know this, but you're here to start arguments and derail threads. I'm onto your net personality already though. You're playing the fear monger role, Scared of Marijuana/Illegal drugs, Scared of Blacks and Latinos, Scared of Certain Cities, Pretend you are rich and highly educated to make your lies seem more real and trustworthy. Something is wrong with you, whether this whole thing is a joke or not. You have a problem.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:00 PM

Everybody knows there is crime in Oakland. Why else would people come on this forum and ask if X neighborhood is safe?

The reality is, violent crime tends to contained in specific neighborhoods and targeted at certain individuals. I have lived in Oakland (Cleveland Heights and now West Oakland/Uptown) for a total of 4 years and I haven't been a victim of any crimes. Stop acting like the entire city of Oakland is Afghanistan or Iraq. It's not. You're a pathetic troll and you're spreading misinformation.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Stop acting like the entire city of Oakland is Afghanistan or Iraq. It's not.
Oakland actually can be worse than Iraq from certain perspectives. For instance, in 2008, more people were murdered in Oakland than U.K troops lost in the entire Iraqi theater.

I lived in Alameda County for 6 years, and own a home in the Bay Area. I know all about Oakland.

Each morning I checked the O.P.D. Daily Crime Analysis Report for hopeful signs. Each day, reading the Tribune and seeing the television coverage, it seems there were constant reminders that violence in Oakland was unabated. This is in stark contrast to official word we hear through Oakland channels that crimes are being controlled – that the crime rate is going down.

Why can’t Oakland citizens face reality? Violence is way up. Oaklanders are moving out. Children are being kept out of Oakland public schools. Businesses are shutting down and leaving. Residents fear getting out of their cars. Why must you put a “good face” on a bad situation?

When Jerry Brown took office in January of 1999 Oakland had just suffered 7,061 violent crimes [1998], or 19.3 per day. After three years, for 2001, the violence was reduced by -24.5%. By the end of 2001, there were 5,330 violent crimes, or 14.6 per day.

When Chief Tucker joined the O.P.D. in January 2005 Oakland experienced 5,150 [2004] violent crimes at a rate of 14.1 per day. After “reorganizing” the O.P.D. into his very different style, by the time he left in January of 2009 Oakland had descended into 7,906 violent crimes [2008], or 21.7 per day.

When Mayor Dellums took office in January of 2007, he inherited 7900 violent crimes [2006]. The average daily rate was 21.6. The very latest Daily Crime Analysis Report [June 23, 2010] shows that for the 57 days of the current quarter Oakland is in the grips of an average 28.6 violent crimes per day. This rate is the highest in Oakland’s recorded history.

Oakland is statistically getting worse and no one who is an Oakland resident has ever admitted this. Yet you will see certain Oakland residents say "everything is fine, move on in."

It's that type of uninformed opinion I'm trying to combat by providing USEFUL, factual information.

Last edited by Mr. Fantastic; 06-30-2010 at 01:28 PM..

Old 06-30-2010, 01:31 PM

You are so full of BS it's scary.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:35 PM

Do you really enjoy spending your time doing this? I hope you cut and paste otherwise you're beyond pathetic. Worst than Iraq. Iraq is a Country you idiot.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Each morning I checked the O.P.D. Daily Crime Analysis Report for hopeful signs
LOL you had no life back then and you still don't!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland