Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2014, 10:22 AM

424 posts, read 552,019 times

Advertisements

I emailed on a listing yesterday which was on CL for a half day. I introduced our family and situation to rent in a desirable school district. The lister gave me the property address, recommended driving by or looking on google earth, then gave me some options for a walk thru.

Today the listing is gone.

Is it normal to remove a listing so quickly?

I am always concerned about scams, and this hyper competitive rental marked is new to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2014, 01:03 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,061,623 times
Real estate and rentals move pretty fast around the Bay Area. I wouldn't be surprised that the listing disappears.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:34 AM

402 posts, read 538,780 times
I think there is no catch in it. The best deals disappear very quickly because of hot market conditions.

Old 09-01-2014, 05:05 PM

it was odd because the owner/manager said there were no showings until two days from then, but it disappeared before the day she was going to show it.

Anyone ever lived in the Parker Palo Alto? There are some bad Yelp reviews, but that's what's available right now.

Old 09-01-2014, 08:31 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,061,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dburbs1975 View Post
it was odd because the owner/manager said there were no showings until two days from then, but it disappeared before the day she was going to show it.

Anyone ever lived in the Parker Palo Alto? There are some bad Yelp reviews, but that's what's available right now.
Is it really the *only* place available? I just read some of the reviews myself. They look pretty bad.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:41 AM

7,688 posts, read 29,156,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dburbs1975 View Post

Avoid anything to do with Prometheus, Archstone.. they always have a lot of units available because they will go out of their way to make you want to move out as fast as possible.

Old 09-06-2014, 06:36 PM

the vrent.com property reviews are even worse than archstone and prometheus. SRG - not as bad.

looking for a 'private' home to rent, it seems they are snapped up so quick, unless you are already on the doorstep, there is no chance. We are having friends look in on rentals and skype us from the place, but no luck, all gone before we get in.

I posted a rental 'wanted' ad, felt like I was selling myself on a dating website, but what the heck. I got a couple of responses, one clearly not an English speaker, spelled his name Micheal with a common last name, but no such 'Micheal' in the country in intellius.com. this individual emailed me three times, kept asking for my personal email before sending me the property address. So no luck with that either. We may have to move to a residential hotel, it is too difficult to expect friends to jump and see a rental for us at a moment's notice, but it seems that is what is needed.

Please send your encouragement... I need it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose