Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 04:13 PM

4 posts, read 3,696 times

Advertisements

Hi,
we are planning to buy a house in the cambrian neighborhood near 95124 area code with noddin elementary school,union middle school..but before buying, i want to make sure the neighborhood is good.. I have 2 kids and so school is important. What do you guys think about this neighborhood. I also would like to know about its current demographics and if it matters at all when buying a house..
Thanks..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 05:17 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,040,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firstbuyer View Post
Hi,
we are planning to buy a house in the cambrian neighborhood near 95124 area code with noddin elementary school,union middle school..but before buying, i want to make sure the neighborhood is good.. I have 2 kids and so school is important. What do you guys think about this neighborhood. I also would like to know about its current demographics and if it matters at all when buying a house..
Thanks..
That neighborhood is perfectly fine. The schools are generally considered to be good as well. As far as demographics go, I think it's mostly white people. My wife works at Leigh High School close by and the student population is mostly white kids. Only you can decide if that matters to you or not when looking to buy a house.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:51 PM

402 posts, read 538,780 times
Tons of people dream to live in Cambrian because it is a good, old (not too old), safe, family oriented middle-class neighbourhood with some kind of character. However, not everybody can afford to buy a real estate there because of hot market prices... So, do not worry you will be fine/safe/happy )).

P.S. Traffic can be terrible if you drive in rush hours. If not, and your schedule is pretty flexible, traffic is ok.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:57 PM

197 posts, read 347,813 times
It's an excellent area with great schools!

Old 07-21-2015, 10:59 PM

It is not in any way a middle class neighborhood. The average price per sq ft is $648 so even a 1500 sf house is close to a million dollars.

Old 07-22-2015, 04:16 PM

4 posts, read 3,696 times
Thank you so much for your feedback..

Old 07-22-2015, 07:09 PM

402 posts, read 538,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Local123 View Post
It is not in any way a middle class neighborhood. The average price per sq ft is $648 so even a 1500 sf house is close to a million dollars.
As I understand, your point is that real estate prices here are very high, and everybody would definitely agree with you in that point. People who live outside the Bay Area became crazy when hear how much money we are paying here for an "old barn". However, I insist that Cambrian is a middle class neighbourhood, and it was for the last decades. The same as in Palo Alto/Los Gatos people are mostly rich, in Alum Rock they are mostly working class, and in Almaden they are mostly upper-middle class.

Of cause, middle class here do not earn the same amount of money as middle class in Oklahoma, but it is still try to follow the same standards of living: term "class" means not just money, but educational level, lifestyle, and values.

Old 07-22-2015, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogandcat View Post
As I understand, your point is that real estate prices here are very high, and everybody would definitely agree with you in that point. People who live outside the Bay Area became crazy when hear how much money we are paying here for an "old barn". However, I insist that Cambrian is a middle class neighbourhood, and it was for the last decades. The same as in Palo Alto/Los Gatos people are mostly rich, in Alum Rock they are mostly working class, and in Almaden they are mostly upper-middle class.

Of cause, middle class here do not earn the same amount of money as middle class in Oklahoma, but it is still try to follow the same standards of living: term "class" means not just money, but educational level, lifestyle, and values.
I'm sorry but this makes no sense. You have to make great money to get a loan for 1 million plus dollar house which means you likely have a good education and job. There is nothing middle class here or anywhere else that demands prices that average close to a million dollars. I was born and raised in Sj and have lived in Cambrian for 10 years. The average price per sq ft in Almaden is $548 (Cambrian is $648/sq ft) so saying Almaden is upper-middle class and Cambrian is middle class makes no logical sense.

Old 07-23-2015, 08:35 AM

150 posts, read 186,610 times
I live in 95124, though not in the same school zone. I've only been here a month so I'm not an expert, but very happy so far. I feel safe enough to go for walks alone and there are tons of kids around. I'd be thrilled to buy here if I win the Downpayment Lottery someday. (We rent.) Just make sure it's a good commute for you and/or your spouse. My husband commutes to Los Gatos and it's a breeze, but I've had a few appointments on weekday mornings in other parts of the region...getting from here to Palo Alto at rush hour is no joke.

Old 07-23-2015, 09:36 AM

3,683 posts, read 9,862,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Local123 View Post
I'm sorry but this makes no sense. You have to make great money to get a loan for 1 million plus dollar house which means you likely have a good education and job. There is nothing middle class here or anywhere else that demands prices that average close to a million dollars. I was born and raised in Sj and have lived in Cambrian for 10 years. The average price per sq ft in Almaden is $548 (Cambrian is $648/sq ft) so saying Almaden is upper-middle class and Cambrian is middle class makes no logical sense.
Yet the median sales price in 95120 is a not insignificant 30% higher (1.32M vs 1.001M) than in 95124 in the most recent quarter, so the logical conclusion is that homes average significantly larger in Almaden than in Cambrian.

Real Estate Market Trends for San Jose, CA 95120 - Trulia
Real Estate Market Trends for San Jose, CA 95124 - Trulia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose