Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 01:17 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,970,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
Nothing wrong with swimming whenever. A pool in the winter still beats the ocean in the summer, at least with regard to temperature.

I assume you're not including hot tubs, which are no doubt a year-round luxury.
Oh, no, not including hot tub. In my old apartment complex I would go out to the hot tub on winter nights I certainly couldn't to that in Colorado!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 02:17 AM

20 posts, read 44,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
Nothing wrong with swimming whenever. A pool in the winter still beats the ocean in the summer, at least with regard to temperature.

I assume you're not including hot tubs, which are no doubt a year-round luxury.
It might beat the Pacific ocean, but not all beaches are west coast cold.

Old 08-09-2009, 02:28 AM

20 posts, read 44,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treedonkey View Post
I'm not sure why I assumed you were white. I was certain that you had said that you were in your original statement, but I don't see it in there now so maybe I read it wrong or you edited it out after the fact. Are you?

By the way, a statement like:

Is not exactly free from prejudice.
"Why do Caucasians always assume that WE smell... " Thus, the conclussion that the poster is caucasian

Old 08-10-2009, 12:24 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,545,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Oh, no, not including hot tub. In my old apartment complex I would go out to the hot tub on winter nights I certainly couldn't to that in Colorado!
Sure you could. We see neighbors using their hot tubs in the winter here in the Denver area in the evenings on occasion. It's not unheard of. But I'd imagine it could be expensive to run them all winter.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:42 PM

2,437 posts, read 8,185,601 times
yeah, we used our hot tub year round when i was a kid in Virginia. Nothing like sitting enjoying 103 degree water during a snowfall. The hot tub was well insulated and had one of those big foam cover and a later of heavy bubble plastic on top, so I don't think it was too expensive to keep it warm all year. I didn't pay the bills back then though so I can't say for sure.

Old 08-10-2009, 03:02 PM

369 posts, read 966,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Hot tubs can be used year round here, no problem. In fact, up the ski areas during winter, they're in high demand - soak it up after a day on the slopes!

Old 08-10-2009, 03:58 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,503,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denver_hacker View Post
Hot tubs can be used year round here, no problem. In fact, up the ski areas during winter, they're in high demand - soak it up after a day on the slopes!
Denver_hacker...

are you really a hacker? what have you hacked?

Old 08-11-2009, 03:57 PM

85 posts, read 203,339 times
wow, excellent photos of the big colorado sky! simply gorgeous. my boyfriend and i are looking to leave the bay area for colorado springs to own our first home. thanks for the tips.

i was telling him the other day as we drove along the coast to visit his family that, though we never went to the beach in sf because it's too dang cold, there's something bred in a californian about being near the coast. i've lived outside california before, and that coast draws you back, i swear.

oh well, i'm sure we'll be back to visit our families at least once a year, so flying over the ocean will feel really nice.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:38 AM

11 posts, read 29,962 times
Was under the impression Ca was the way to go, but after seeing this pic of Palmer Lake, will reconsider. How are the summers? I hate the heat.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:31 AM

8,216 posts, read 16,705,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tany123 View Post
Was under the impression Ca was the way to go, but after seeing this pic of Palmer Lake, will reconsider. How are the summers? I hate the heat.
Summers will get warm but not too bad. We lived in the northern part of Colorado Springs which is close to Palmer Lake. We used our AC in the summer during the warmest times (90s). But Denver got into the 100s during the same heat waves. We just happened to take our kids to the zoo on one of those days. It was not fun - way too hot! Also not everyone has AC but use house fans instead. It just depends how well you handle the dry heat as it is high desert.

What kind of climate are you coming from and used to?

The snow season (Oct-May) was more of a problem for us coming from CA. Summer was the time to go up into the Rockies and go hiking, etc... when snow isn't covering the lakes and trails. Thats when everyone takes their vacations.

Derek
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose