Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 11:29 AM

974 posts, read 2,343,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrmsd View Post
Thanks for taking the time to write a detailed, informative, first-hand post~Helpful to researchers!
Is mis-information really "helpful" to researchers?
I've said this time and time again - don't confuse any one individual's perception (whether it's mine or someone else's) with fact. The post you refer to as informative and helpful might be informative as to the mindset of the poster, but whether or not it's helpful in terms of providing accurate information is quite doubtful to me - but that's my perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2014, 12:23 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,753,765 times
Well, & when someone starts talking about their vehicle being set on fire in Duranes, some casual readers who are not familiar with NM might get the impression that Duranes is in Santa Fe, since this is a Santa Fe thread.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:41 AM

1,663 posts, read 3,701,049 times
Oh lord.

Please allow me to be helpful to researchers with my own anecdote of living in Santa Fe.

I lived in Santa Fe from 1979 until 1998, then for a while in 1999, in various parts of town. So, I lived there for 18-19 years.

In that time, we had an unlocked bike stolen from the front yard and someone stole a license plate off our car when it was parked in a parking lot overnight.

That's it.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:56 PM

8 posts, read 17,264 times
Judging from what you're saying you'd probably be better off looking at Albuquerque. There's definitely a bit more going on there for a younger crowd. PLUS Alb is MUCH more affordable than Santa Fe, regardless of what a couple posts here may say...

That said, coming from Austin, there are a few bands in Santa Fe you'd want to check out.
The Strange, Anthony Leon & The Chain, Todd & The Fox, and Boomroots Collective all kick some serious backside as far as live music from Santa Fe.

In Albuquerque, check out Le Chat Lunatique, The Lymbs, and The Coma Recovery just to name a few.

One last note in regards to the comment referenced below:
Quote:
I love these topics. I don't know where people get their information. Compared to any major city, NY, Chicago, LA, San Fran, etc., Santa Fe is CHEAP! As far as crime goes, there are good areas and bad. I have been here about 10 years, and have NEVER had anything happen, NEVER! Now, I don't leave a Mercedes with cash strewn about it down Airport Rd. either, so who knows.
Airport Rd. or Canyon Rd., crime exists in Santa Fe and is NOT confined to any one area, although crime isn't as prevalent as some may make it seem. This user is correct about one thing though, DO NOT leave valuables in your car, and make sure to lock your doors. In regards to the COL (cost of living), Santa Fe is statistically expensive, and to the YOUNGER demographic that is empirically true. In addition, the only thing I've found more expensive in cities like Chicago, LA, and San Fran (all of which I've visited in the last year) is cigarettes, and in nicer areas, the rent... If Santa Fe isn't expensive to TopDownDriver, the same person who thinks one is more likely to get robbed on Airport Rd., I think it's safe to assume that user isn't the same demo as you, Austinite17. Best of luck

Old 08-03-2016, 01:07 AM

292 posts, read 725,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Kellogg View Post
I moved to Santa Fe early last year. The petty crime is something you need to be aware of. My apartment was robbed, and I know at least six coworkers who have also been robbed. I know a handful of others who've had their cars broken into for annoying stuff -- change from the ashtray, etc.

The social scene and nightlife in Santa Fe are atrocious. Most of the people I've talked to say it took them a year or longer to establish a social circle. It's not a good place for spontaneous nightlife. That said, every other aspect of life here, for me, is outstanding -- the food, the weather, the low-stress vibe, the job, the short commute to work, the clean air.
I will concur on the dismal social scene. Granted this was right before the dawn of social media sites like meetup.com making a foothold. Most of the people that you'd want to chat with seem to congregate either around the plaza or north of St. Michaels. Because of this I usually went to Albuquerque on an average weekend to see friends. My advice is to not live too far from the City Center or St. Johns College, it will make a huge difference in your perspective of the place and at the ease of meeting people most likely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe