Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2010, 06:09 PM

26 posts, read 50,277 times

Advertisements

Can you really take ballroom dancing with your dog?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 07:11 AM

74 posts, read 295,128 times
Hi, I know this an older thread... but I am wondering if anything has changed in the ratios Male/Female in Santa Fe?

Wikipedia says there are 89 men for 100 woman (over the age of 18).

How would it be for a single mid-30's girl? Anyone to date??

Old 04-18-2012, 04:47 PM

195 posts, read 420,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vashdown View Post
Hi, I know this an older thread... but I am wondering if anything has changed in the ratios Male/Female in Santa Fe?

I am in my mid 30s. Not to be rude or anything, but I can't just get over somebody moving somewhere, especially where they have never been, just to find someone to date. I've been married before, so no I am not interested in dating anyone yet.

I guess I just don't understand that. Dating wasn't even a factor in deciding whether or not to move to Santa Fe. As far as the statistics, since I'm not concerned about the dating scene, I don't pay attention to the statistics.

But I will say if you never been out here, come visit before you decide. (although it is different visiting here and living here, at least to me it is).

Old 04-19-2012, 05:13 PM

974 posts, read 2,342,780 times
vashdown - I think you ask an important question, as a healthy, happy social life can be an important consideration when considering a move to a new place (loners, hermits and those who choose to be alone excepted). I don't know the stats, but I know more single guys in their 30s-40s than I do women. Then again, if I knew more women in that bracket, my wife might clobber me....
If I were a confident x'er it wouldn't matter who my competition was, or how many there were, 'cause I'd know I could find friends to hang out with and/or date. Come here with that attitude and you'll find all kinds of attractive folks in whatever age bracket you want.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:46 PM

292 posts, read 725,118 times
While Santa Fe isn't the worst place to date, but not even close to the best. Given its small size, it's more or less a niche city in the sense that it attracts artsy people and the hippie crowd--both generally on the older side. If your not into that then your going to have a hard time looking. There's not much of a nightlife either.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:51 AM

55 posts, read 104,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vashdown View Post

There are plenty of men to date. Do they have to have all of their teeth and/or a job?

Old 07-03-2012, 02:41 PM

"How would it be for a single mid-30's girl? Anyone to date??"

There are lots of single guys for you to date. Clients of mine in their 30's tell me there are tons of things to do and that the nightlife is great. I think we get a bum rap by those who tout the misconception that Santa Fe is only for older, wealthier class. The breakdown in the 2000 Census shows 29% between the ages of 25-44 compared to 24.5% over age 55. In 2010, 17.6% were over 65. From what I could quickly find for the 2010 Census there are 105 women for every 100 men - but that would be relevant for you only if we had age breakdowns for that ratio, which I cannot find. We do have higher income levels than the state average - but we also have nearly twice the number of college graduates (and the highest "living wage" in the country).

Old 12-20-2015, 06:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,042 times
Hello,
I am a 47 year old male that is active in the outdoors, well educated / intellectual, culturally sensitive and appreciative of arts, women and great humor! I am very knowledgeable of Santa Fe except for one topic - how is the dating environment and the likelihood of finding a woman with similar interests for a long term relationship? Please be kind and factual in your responses!

Old 12-20-2015, 09:49 PM

47 posts, read 126,429 times
Seriously? With those interests you shouldn't have any problem whatsoever finding women to date in Santa Fe!

Old 12-27-2015, 12:16 PM

I have to agree - You shouldn't have any problem. It seems wherever I go there are interesting and attractive single women (and men for that matter, but it seems like more women) of all ages. Go to events that interest you (art openings, REI outings, lectures, etc.) and I don't doubt you'll start meeting numerous women you'll want to date. Whether they'll want to date you - well, that's up to you.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe