Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 05:57 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,465,283 times

Advertisements

Bondfan, Out east there is a ton of land you could let them run on. It is a double edge sword though. I use to take my doberman pit mixes and let them run all the time and they loved it. Problem is the wildlife is not dog friendly.

If you take them to remote areas (assuming that would interest you), be very cautious of the wild pigs. You really dont need to go far to find them and if your dogs run across them, a boar can and will attack the dogs. I have seen on 1 occassion where the dog was ripped up the mid section and he died before we got him to a vet.

Im just throwing this out because I would cry if you posted on here that your dog got hit by a boar. They make kevlar vests used for hog hunting, get them for your dogs if you are going anywhere outside of a dog park just to let them run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 12:01 PM

13 posts, read 28,345 times
I take my pit bulls to Boca Grande; they LOVE running around and swimming! Being pit bulls I do not like taking them to dog parks (very people friendly, not always so dog friendly) so Boca is a haven for us. Dogs are not allowed in the state park, but there are many side streets with no regulations you can go to.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:39 AM

2 posts, read 6,389 times
Personally, I think they should mark off some of the area at Buchan airfield. There's nothing in N. Englewood, except a bunch of dog haters!

Old 05-31-2011, 07:32 AM

67 posts, read 121,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicjade View Post
I take my pit bulls to Boca Grande; they LOVE running around and swimming! Being pit bulls I do not like taking them to dog parks (very people friendly, not always so dog friendly) so Boca is a haven for us. Dogs are not allowed in the state park, but there are many side streets with no regulations you can go to.
Just please be VERY careful at Boca. The currents are incredibly strong, and with sport fishing season upon us, there are large sharks out there as well.

Worked yesterday and a 60-ish man drowned while swimming at Boca. Uncertain if he was caught in a current and pulled under or had another type of event but should serve as a caution to all of us. It does happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area