Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2010, 10:31 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,343,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davery5872 View Post
In fairness, it does not sound like from Rushmore's post his encounter was with some one from Ohio. If you are a part time resident, I guess you just bring your baggage (grumpyness) with you.
That's true, this guy is definitely more Sopranos than Cincinnati.

But I don't care where someone is from. There's just no good reason to be rude, and I have seen a HUGE increase in rudeness since the season started. I mean, sure, great--where they're from, people are rude, and they brought it down here with them. Super.

How about just staying where they fit in better, then?

I mean, I can commit to NOT invading Yonkers and being overly polite to everyone, so maybe they can commit to not doing the opposite.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:44 AM

879 posts, read 1,953,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
That's true, this guy is definitely more Sopranos than Cincinnati.

But I don't care where someone is from. There's just no good reason to be rude, and I have seen a HUGE increase in rudeness since the season started. I mean, sure, great--where they're from, people are rude, and they brought it down here with them. Super.

How about just staying where they fit in better, then?

I mean, I can commit to NOT invading Yonkers and being overly polite to everyone, so maybe they can commit to not doing the opposite.

wow, i'm feeling the love. feeling sooo welcome as a NYer...yeah, thanks for the warm welsome sarasota.

hmm, let's see - i had a neighbor call the cops on me this morning because my car was legally parked somewhere they didn't approve of. that was real nice too.

busting on yonkers. hmmph.

Old 12-01-2010, 11:05 AM

2,360 posts, read 5,245,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachymom View Post
I wonder why that is? It appears that MANY of the snow birds come from Ohio and I didn't find most people to be rude while living in Ohio. But when they come down here they think they own the place? You would think they would be on cloud 9 being able to escape the arctic tundra in exchange for sunshine. Like me!
Apparently, sunshine doesen't solve all things.

Old 12-01-2010, 11:31 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,461,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnanner View Post
wow, i'm feeling the love. feeling sooo welcome as a NYer...yeah, thanks for the warm welsome sarasota.

hmm, let's see - i had a neighbor call the cops on me this morning because my car was legally parked somewhere they didn't approve of. that was real nice too.

It was probably a visiting NYer that called the cops. Just kidding, but don't get me started on Yonkers, I lived there once. Yikes. Though I do have a few fond memories, especially of watching fireworks from the porch.

Truth be told, some of my wonderfuless pals from my old home towns of NY do cause me to cringe with their bad tudes and move out the way, this world revolves around me mentalities. I have been experiencing the same run ins as others, really scouling faces when I'm out shopping lately, only I was thinking must be from NJ, because of the make up. I'm kidding, kinda. I love Jersey, lived there for quite a few years. Love the shore, not the area that's filmed.

As far as sunshine solving anything other than having a brighter day, I feel sorry for anyone that expects a climate, location to solve any of their issues. People with mean nasty dispositions will take those with them no matter where they go, they might hide them better sometimes, but they will come to the surface. My feeling is if you aren't content within yourself, won't matter where you visit or move to.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:42 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,343,746 times
Quote:

I was jokingly busting on Yonkers. I grew up in Jersey, and lived in Stamford for quite some time. There are plenty of great people in the area.

But this guy in particular was clearly a New Yorker who felt that "good morning" was an invitation to become a stereotype.

But again, I find the full time residents here to be amongst the friendliest people I have ever met.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:56 PM

477 posts, read 987,175 times
Quote:

Dislike!! How rude of people....I hope you kept your car parked there legally just for spite!

Old 12-01-2010, 01:09 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,627,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
I've lived here my whole life and still love it!
Not true. You aren't dead yet.

Old 12-01-2010, 01:11 PM

879 posts, read 1,953,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachymom View Post
Dislike!! How rude of people....I hope you kept your car parked there legally just for spite!
absolutely not! that would be RUDE and I am from NY... I was not raised to behave that way!! (must be a Florida thing)

Old 12-01-2010, 01:17 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,303,260 times
After our first snow mixed with freezing rain today I cannot wait to get to Florida.

No more living inside until May for us, we will be enjoying being warm, swimming year around and enjoying all the wonderful things Florida has to offer us.

If you are active and enjoy all the things Florida has to offer active people, why in the world would you stay somewhere you cannot do the things you enjoy? Why not move to Florida like we are and enjoy?

I cannot think of any reason why you wouldn't want to move to Florida if you have done your research, enjoy what Florida has to offer you and make good sound decisions before you move.

We are getting closer every day, with some things to get done here in Ohio before we move, we are hoping to get down to Florida within a couple of months if not sooner. Keeping our fingers crossed.

Old 12-01-2010, 01:38 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,113,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
After our first snow mixed with freezing rain today I cannot wait to get to Florida.

No more living inside until May for us, we will be enjoying being warm, swimming year around and enjoying all the wonderful things Florida has to offer us.

If you are active and enjoy all the things Florida has to offer active people, why in the world would you stay somewhere you cannot do the things you enjoy? Why not move to Florida like we are and enjoy?

I cannot think of any reason why you wouldn't want to move to Florida if you have done your research, enjoy what Florida has to offer you and make good sound decisions before you move.

We are getting closer every day, with some things to get done here in Ohio before we move, we are hoping to get down to Florida within a couple of months if not sooner. Keeping our fingers crossed.
What city are you moving to, Sunny?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area