Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 04:12 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
What city are you moving to, Sunny?
We have a short list of towns we like with Odessa being our top choice at the moment. We are scouring the Florida listings daily now that we are back on track of looking again.

Old 12-01-2010, 05:27 PM

5,024 posts, read 7,228,646 times
"Tell me why I wouldn't want to move to Florida". I can only tell you why I'll be busting out of here in a few years. Weather and the political landscape of Florida. As years have gone by, I find them both more and more personally oppressive and contrary to what I am, and unfortunately, I have to deal with both on a daily basis. My friends all left the state years ago, and God willing, so will I soon.
Saying that, I wouldn't discourage anyone from finding the place they belong-I'll be doing that, too. For those who dream of Florida and those who make it their reality, may luck and happiness be with you. I really, really wish the best for anyone moving here-it just hasn't been my cup of tea for a long time now.

Old 12-01-2010, 05:29 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,864,701 times
Tell me why I wouldn't want to move to Florida...

Well.......the speed limit may be 65 MPH, but the bluehairs are either doing 20, or 95, and taking up 2 lanes while doing so.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:20 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,091,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nortport Jim View Post
There are a few members here who don’t live in North Port but do have property for sale in the area. In the past they have been very quick to promote the area whenever they could. That’s all I’m trying to point out.
You don't live in North Port Tommy - you live in Punta Gorda - don'tcha?

Old 12-03-2010, 01:39 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,067,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnwilliams View Post
"Tell me why I wouldn't want to move to Florida". I can only tell you why I'll be busting out of here in a few years. Weather and the political landscape of Florida. As years have gone by, I find them both more and more personally oppressive and contrary to what I am, and unfortunately, I have to deal with both on a daily basis. My friends all left the state years ago, and God willing, so will I soon.
Saying that, I wouldn't discourage anyone from finding the place they belong-I'll be doing that, too. For those who dream of Florida and those who make it their reality, may luck and happiness be with you. I really, really wish the best for anyone moving here-it just hasn't been my cup of tea for a long time now.

Where is it you wanna move? I coulda sworn I saw you in the Oregon forum yes?

Old 12-04-2010, 07:04 AM

169 posts, read 396,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaa View Post
So many posts on this subject,so not sure if anyone has made my comment.
Coming for the North,which I liked very much by the way,except the weather.
I have found none of my neighbors up north moved,they stayed in their homes,hardly ever saw a house up for sale unless someone had died.

Here it is true,very transient. I suppose it has to do with the housing slump and lack of jobs.Yet I have found people who come from another area to be most pleasant and anxious to make new friends.
We got to know people right away and felt since many people had left Family behind,they were more outgoing than those who had lived up north forever and ever.

Dislikes,I suppose mine would be the months June/July/August./No train system/ugh/so long to get out of this State into another!!
The lack of the Train system is a biggy for me. The lack of local parks,which are so manicured up north where we were from..
Just wanted to add that the thing I dislike most more than June,July Aug in Florida,is Dec.Jan,Jan,Feb.March up north

Oh and btw/we are very happy here! but then that is just us./It isn't just a weather thing.Family brought us here.(they knew if they moved,we would come too/already discussed)

It is good to learn other people's opinons but I know I wouldn't want someone ordering a meal for me,the same thing applies to the State I live in. My choice. Your choice.

Living in America you have so many choices of where to live.Only you know the best and perhaps for some,it is "stay put"

Also I moved here from another country and missed things from there(still do) but wouldn't go back. Same thing with up North!

Last edited by Floridaa; 12-04-2010 at 07:27 AM..

Old 12-04-2010, 09:36 AM

2,360 posts, read 5,248,462 times
Having family around makes all the difference in the world.

Old 12-04-2010, 03:26 PM

169 posts, read 396,563 times
Ditto!

Old 12-04-2010, 04:46 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,995,469 times
Default So true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
Having family around makes all the difference in the world.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/Lottaminya/xmas-balls.gif (broken link)This is so true. One of my greatest fears is to move to FL, lose my husband and be there alone. ALONE! I know if he lost me he would move back to TN to be near his family.

Old 12-05-2010, 08:35 AM

2,360 posts, read 5,248,462 times
That fear is actual reality for a lot of people. I seem to work for a awful lot of elderly people who are in that boat. I know they didnt plan it that way. Just another thing to put on your "homework " list when you get that "I think i'd like to live in Florida" feeling that seems to happen this time of year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area