Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2011, 12:59 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,842,626 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know who the internet and cable provider is for Englewood? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 01:09 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,552,117 times
Comcast - Comcast Englewood, FL | Best Online Deals for Cable, Internet and Phone Service

Old 08-04-2011, 03:06 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,842,626 times
Thank you! I called up, but it seems that they don't even know if Comcast covers that area! Geesh!

Old 08-04-2011, 03:56 PM

Were you able to give Comcast an address in Englewood? You can look it up online by the address and they should be able to tell you. But sometimes they aren't up to date. Our whole entire neighborhood in Port Charlotte had Comcast when we moved here except our house and our next door neighbors. They had to send a service man to our area to see if Comcast was here because they thought it was, but we could see from the line that it wasn't. Then they said they had to send out an engineer to see if they could install it. After living here for 3 years, they finally put it in about 2 weeks ago. But we still have Dish Network for TV and Century Link for Internet and Phone service.

Some areas have more than one service. I know it is a pain to call around, but you can find out who covers your area and select the best deal to meet your needs. I am not sure if you are already living in Englewood or are planning to move there. I would ask a neighbor to see what they have.

I would try for phone and Internet:
Century Link - www.centurylink.com
Verizon - www.verizon.com

for satellite tv:
Dish Network - www.dishnetwork.com
Direct TV - www.directtv.com

Last edited by TamRE; 08-04-2011 at 04:11 PM..

Old 08-04-2011, 04:09 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
TamRE: How do you like Century Link? Is that satellite or through cable or phone lines?

For TV, we have Dish Network and are extremely happy. Used to have Comcast cable TV, but more channels and better pricing with Dish Network.

Currently have Verizon DSL but they installed Fios on our street. They have been pushing for us to swich but we aren't interested. The DSL is fine. But I think eventually they will force us to switch to Fios over DSL and then we will try to find another carrier for internet.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
TamRE: How do you like Century Link? Is that satellite or through cable or phone lines?

For TV, we have Dish Network and are extremely happy. Used to have Comcast cable TV, but more channels and better pricing with Dish Network.

Currently have Verizon DSL but they installed Fios on our street. They have been pushing for us to swich but we aren't interested. The DSL is fine. But I think eventually they will force us to switch to Fios over DSL and then we will try to find another carrier for internet.

We have Dish Network for TV and are happy with it too. We have Century Link for a house phone because we use it for business with the fax and phone. We also use Centurly Link for the Internet. We have DSL 10 Mbps speed and we like that too. We use Netflix online and watch movies from the Internet to our TV in high definition.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:37 AM

1,580 posts, read 3,143,097 times
we are in the north area of englewood. comcast and verizon both serve here. when we first bought 4 years ago we had comcast. verizon ran service thru about 2 years ago and came out with some pretty good promotions. i called comcast and asked if they had any retention programs or would want to match verizons pricing. they said no and if i go to verizon they say i will be back. i switched to verizon, internet speed is better, picture is clearer and service does not go out like comcast. i had some real good introductory pricing that expired so i called verizon and they gave me some "valued customer" money off.

on the negative part of verizon, if you want to get customer service on the phone you better be prepared to wait and wait and wait. typical is about 15 to 30 minutes on hold. i just plan to do something else during the wait time.

and the best is that they have fox news in HD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area