Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 12:02 PM

398 posts, read 822,395 times

Advertisements

I am looking for suggestions on where to buy as well as where not to buy furniture at in the Sarasota area. I am open to buying new and ior consignment furniture. Any and all reviews, suggestions etc would be appreciated. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 04:02 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,345,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSnowbirds View Post
I am looking for suggestions on where to buy as well as where not to buy furniture at in the Sarasota area. I am open to buying new and ior consignment furniture. Any and all reviews, suggestions etc would be appreciated. Thank you.
We bought a lot of great stuff at Baer's on Clark Rd., and also at Pamaro Shop on 41.

Neither is cheap, but they have a lot of unique pieces that are real keepers.

If I didn't care too much, I'd just go on Craigslist.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:20 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,552,117 times
Rooms to Go – you can get entire room package deals.

I personally have bought a lot of furniture at American Signature Furniture in Port, Charlotte, but they have one in Sarasota too.

I have bought a dining room set at Savon in Port Charlotte, but I think in Sarasota it is Kanes. They are owned by the same company.

For used furniture try Iverson’s, Good Will Retail Center, Craigslist or the local newspaper. Sometimes you can get great deals on barely used furniture.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:57 PM

222 posts, read 855,017 times
Leaders is nice too.

Old 09-27-2011, 06:11 PM

4,619 posts, read 7,541,245 times
For "gently used" furniture and unique items, I would suggest the Women's Exchange on south Orange Ave in Sarasota.

Another is Iverson's, they deal is estates and model home furniture so some is older furniture and some like brand new. They have stores on Bee Ridge and Clark Rd.

On north 301 near Desoto Road you can find a large Savon store. They're similar to a Rooms to Go. Another new furniture store in our area is Badcock's Furniture, also on US 301, south of Savon.

I've found some of our best furniture deals by looking through the Sunday classifieds of the Sarasota Herald-Tribune. A lot of people are moving, downsizing or decorating and you can find quality furniture at very reasonable prices if you're patient.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:03 PM

29 posts, read 54,594 times
We found our bedroom set at Rooms to Go. Ok quality, ok price. We have made some great deals off Craigslist. Whitfield Exchange has some nice things (got a leather sofa and chair, like new). Nice thing about Craigslist is there is no sales tax. Just be careful that the furniture is from a smoke free, pet free house. Good luck!

Old 09-28-2011, 07:59 AM

440 posts, read 1,053,045 times
Another consignment shop is Simon's on Clark.My only concern w. used furniture anywhere is bedbugs. Don't know if that is realistic concern in Sarasota or not, coming from the NYC area

Old 09-28-2011, 08:57 AM

398 posts, read 822,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyddog View Post
Another consignment shop is Simon's on Clark.My only concern w. used furniture anywhere is bedbugs. Don't know if that is realistic concern in Sarasota or not, coming from the NYC area
Bedbugs uh oh. We wouldn't ever buy used mattresses/box springs. With couches we'd have to watch for bedbugs, fleas etc. That may make it worth it to stick to a reputable consignment/used store for anything we buy used versus craigslist/newspaper ads.

Thanks for replies.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:08 PM

4,619 posts, read 7,541,245 times
Forgot to mention one - American Signature Furniture on University Parkway, just west of the outlet mall. They always have deals on really nice looking furniture, plus they carry styles and decorator items that don't scream "big box store."

Old 09-29-2011, 05:25 AM

490 posts, read 624,333 times
We bought our bedroom set at Rooms To Go in Port Charlotte. Good furniture for the price and they gave us a free television. We looked at Furniture Warehouse and American Signature Furniture as well but definitely prefered the styles at RTG. RTG seemed slightly more expensive than those two but looked like higher quality. Haverty's has beautiful stuff but was a little out of our price range. We are just glad to have graduated to stuff I don't have to put together myself with a little allen wrench
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area