Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2012, 12:35 PM

4 posts, read 6,826 times

Advertisements

I am an attorney with thirteen years of experience that is interested in working with an elder law firm in the areas of estate planning, Medicaid Planning, and Social Security disability. I am a Certified Medicaid Planner and have represented hundreds of Soc Sec claimants, and prepared many trusts, etc.

Additionally, I have two children that are very interested in the IMG Academies for atheltics and academics.

Thank you in advance for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 02:14 PM

athletics! lol.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:21 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,550,239 times
Florida is very particular about any type of license. You may not be able to work as a lawyer in Florida until you have taken the Florida Bar exam. I don't think that they allow reciprocacy. You need to check into that first. Here is their web site: The Florida Bar HOME PAGE FLABAR ONLINE

I would recommend looking on the Internet for law firms that specialize in your areas of interest or experience and contact them by phone or email to see if they are hiring. I don't really see attorney jobs posted much. I think they may go through a head hunter. You could try that as well. Someone may be willing to hire you and pay for the Florida Bar exam. Just check around.

Good luck to you!

Old 03-03-2012, 02:45 PM

Thank you for your reply. I would like to take the FL bar exam soon. Best case scenario would be to work with a firm, study, and take the bar asap. I will keep searching. I could handle Soc Sec cases and VA benefits cases primarily until taking the bar. I could also assist with Medicaid Planning, but, could not prepare the legal documents until passing the bar.

Thanks again.

Greg

Old 03-03-2012, 07:58 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,550,239 times
Employment Opportunities – try some of the following web sites: www.indeed.com, www.jobfocus.com, www.employflorida.com, www.heraldtribune.com, www.craigslist.com, www.careerbuilder.com, www.simplyhired.com.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area