Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 07:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,702 times

Advertisements

I'm married for 26 years, but not looking so good lately. Thinking about moving to florida. I have savings, so just need to work enough to pay for a cheap place to live. I've been very successful in the past, but willing to work retail, hotel, whatever, more interested in lifestyle at this point. I'm healthy, so not as interested in benefits.

My question is, what part of florida and how to find room/job. I think sw florida is where i want to be. ideas?

I have college degree (accounting). 35 years experience self employed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 08:34 PM

4,615 posts, read 7,537,235 times
What do you define as cheap? Depending on your answer, you may find something in the Sarasota area, but then again you may have better luck over in central FL, in the Lakeland - Lake Wales area.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:42 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,105,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muvinon View Post

I have college degree (accounting). 35 years experience self employed.
Is your self employed work in accounting, and if so, did you do taxes or bookkeeping or what?

What lifestyle are you looking for?

And in Florida, the bar for being old is pretty high. You might feel young in Florida.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:09 PM

597 posts, read 1,443,223 times
First off all, unless you married when you were old, you are not an "old guy". You are still young so get down here and enjoy your new life! If you have to start over, Florida is a great place to do it. You will love it here.

These realtors can give you advice on where to go. There are lots of 55 and over communties that would have lots of single ladies who would love to help you get your new life started You will be do busy with all your new friends down here that you won't have any spare time!

Anyway, you came to the right place for info. Good luck and we will all welcome you to Florida

Old 02-14-2014, 09:48 PM

509 posts, read 907,216 times
More importantly, Moveinon,...
What do you look like?

Old 02-14-2014, 10:00 PM

If you share Benjamin Franklin's penchant for mature women, you could be a busy guy.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:16 AM

496 posts, read 553,070 times
You don't have to go to Florida. Plenty of older women will put up with just about any guy. It's a status thing with older women. Any old lady with a man, even a mediocre man, outranks any single old lady, even if she's da bomb.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:29 AM

^^^
So true. My husbands uncle was something like 78-80 when his wife died. Very pleasant likable fellow, but truly dumber than a bag of rocks. He immediately acquired a harem of 5. They even travelled together. He brought 3 of them to CA for a visit as a group. And they were shockingly attractive and classy.

Edit: Just told Hubby he will be arm candy in Florida. He can live with that.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:41 AM

174 posts, read 409,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourown2feet View Post
You don't have to go to Florida. Plenty of older women will put up with just about any guy. It's a status thing with older women. Any old lady with a man, even a mediocre man, outranks any single old lady, even if she's da bomb.
Jeez....What does this say about older women? Desperation, loneliness, no self worth.....

Old 02-17-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcp528 View Post
Jeez....What does this say about older women? Desperation, loneliness, no self worth.....
I don't see it that way, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It would be pretty boring if we all saw the world the same way.

IMHO, heterosexual people are wired to enjoy the company of the opposite sex. What makes men a status symbol at that age is they are hard to get. It is a matter of supply and demand. Women outlive men, so there are more older women than men. If men are hard to get, it says you have something special if you snagged one. He doesn't have to be perfect because you aren't going to marry him. And whatever faults he has won't annoy you for very long. (joke).

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourown2feet View Post
Any old lady with a man, even a mediocre man, outranks any single old lady, even if she's da bomb.
That is because you can buy boobs, a flat stomach, and a tight face, but you can't buy a man.

And that also doesn't mean those women who don't have a man are lonely and have no self worth. At that age, men are an exotic hard to get toy, like old guys with their fancy cars. Every man who does not own an exotic car is not desperate and lacking self worth.

Last edited by Cardiff by the Sea; 02-17-2014 at 10:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area