Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2014, 07:44 AM

21 posts, read 45,254 times

Advertisements

We've been looking at houses in the Neal Communities developments of Grand Palm in Venice and Boca Royale in Englewood on their web site. Anyone been there for real, either to look around or maybe already have purchased there? Just wondering about the pros and cons or your experiences with this builder/locations. Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 08:24 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,550,239 times
Here is a link to a previous thread on Grand Palm - Grand Palm in Venice...opinions?

Old 02-09-2014, 07:56 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Check the CCD fees for Boca Royale. There is a new part (to the south of the main entrance) that is separate. I thought I read an article in the Herald Tribune when they added the new part and I think the CCD fees were steep in the new part.

Last edited by sware2cod; 02-09-2014 at 08:31 AM..

Old 02-10-2014, 04:19 PM

4 posts, read 15,958 times
We don't live there yet, but we are in the process of building a new home in Grand Palm. Construction should begin soon. After much research, Neal Communities seem to be a good local builder. We have a dog, so we liked the site plan that included lot's of walking paths and pocket parks thru out the community. Available floor plans gave us the option of an open concept kitchen/great room. The location seems convienent to I75 and all that the greater Venice area has to offer. Upgrades are available to customize your home, but these can add 10-20% to your base prices in addition to the lot premiums. If you have the opportunity to visit, I would highly recommend it....especially if you want new construction like we did. We visited Boca Royale, but we are not country club type of people.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:37 AM

1 posts, read 2,502 times
I've been studying the Grand Palm website for the past year, and we're going down in April to hopefully pick out a home for them to build. I'm both excited and scared of the idea of picking out all the options! I'm hoping we can get either the White Sand or the Freshwater.
We visited Grand Palm and Island Walk last May, and preferred Neil Community's attention to maintaining the natural environment.
I'd really appreciate hearing more about your experience, but I'm not sure how to do that on this site.

Old 02-23-2014, 01:14 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,189,508 times
You've probably seen this- but I posted an answer to a similar question about 6 months ago.

Grand Palm in Venice...opinions?

Old 03-10-2014, 06:51 AM

7 posts, read 67,128 times
We live in Grand Palm and love it. Neal builds nice stuff here. Other than being very affordable, what we like the most are the extensive natural areas and trails.

We also like that it's bordered by 3 nature preserves to the east across River Rd, and a cemetery on the west,

We looked at other communities but their prices were way high to get all the neighborhood amenities/pools/trails/lakes included at GP.

Old 03-10-2014, 07:58 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
It's good to get a first hand prospective of someone who actually lives in the community. Thanks for posting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area