Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 05:41 AM

21 posts, read 33,235 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I've posted here a couple times in the past and I've set up several appointments for the week of August 13th-20th to look at apartments in the Bradenton area. One area I'm particular about is Perico Bay, about 10 minutes southeast of Anna Maria Beach.

I'd love to hear some pros and cons of the area before leaving. Would a 20 year old single male enjoy his time there? Is there a solid young crowd? Are there lots of activities (specifically outdoors) that would catch my interest? What about good food? I've been looking and looking, but I thought I'd specifically ask the ones who live there. Thanks for your time!

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/saras...#ixzz38CFUdKia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2014, 07:00 AM

707 posts, read 1,051,541 times
Honestly, you are going to be better off in St Pete if you are looking for people your own age.

Old 07-22-2014, 07:52 AM

Really? I haven't done much research into that area yet. What is there to do that isn't available in the Sarasota/Bradenton area? I would like to see people my age but it's not a huge deciding factor in my location. Everything else I mentioned would be equally important.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:34 AM

4,894 posts, read 14,135,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acampbell2229 View Post
Really? I haven't done much research into that area yet. What is there to do that isn't available in the Sarasota/Bradenton area? I would like to see people my age but it's not a huge deciding factor in my location. Everything else I mentioned would be equally important.
Bradenton & Anna Maria Island are composed of retirees, snowbirds & tourists; you'd have better luck in Sarasota: google YPG Sarasota.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
Bradenton & Anna Maria Island are composed of retirees, snowbirds & tourists; you'd have better luck in Sarasota: google YPG Sarasota.
I was afraid someone would say this, but at least you're honest. Sarasota in itself seems pretty pricey. If Bradenton didn't work, I was thinking Tampa as an alternative? Tampa to Sarasota side by side is a 90.4 to a 96.2 COL. Tampa housing is also ridiculously cheap, which I would assume includes rent. What do you think?

Last edited by Yac; 11-17-2020 at 01:45 AM..

Old 07-22-2014, 12:39 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,109,818 times
Quote:
If it's not a huge deciding factor, then where you are looking in Bradenton would be just fine. There is a lot to offer in the area, plus it is not far to either St. Pete or Sarasota if you want a change of pace. Please look for yourself, everyone here has their own opinions of things but only you can determine if a place is for you. Good luck!

Old 07-22-2014, 12:52 PM

Oh, I've been constantly looking on Craigslist and other sites. I'm actually writing down a list of any considerations and narrowing it down to my favorites. I'll apply to my favorites when I visit Sarasota in August, and visit as many as I can within those 5 days for tours!

Old 07-23-2014, 10:34 AM

4,894 posts, read 14,135,913 times
Quote:
I was afraid someone would say this, but at least you're honest. Sarasota in itself seems pretty pricey. If Bradenton didn't work, I was thinking Tampa as an alternative? Tampa to Sarasota side by side is a 90.4 to a 96.2 COL. Tampa housing is also ridiculously cheap, which I would assume includes rent. What do you think?
IMO, Sarasota does have a young undercurrent; twenty/thirtysomethings or seventy/eightysomethings. There used to be economical studios & 1 BR available; now you have to really be on CL morning, noon & night & prices are higher. St. Pete/TPA is a great area; my question would be, "where is your job and/or are you going to school re: Bradenton/Sarasota area...

I just got back from long weekend on East coast/Delray Beach ~ now that side is always busy, more diversion in age groups & no loss for activities ~ you just have to deal with traffic on 95/turnpike or Sawgrass.

Last edited by Yac; 11-17-2020 at 01:45 AM..

Old 07-23-2014, 01:05 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,104,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
IMO, Sarasota does have a young undercurrent; twenty/thirtysomethings or seventy/eightysomethings. There used to be economical studios & 1 BR available; now you have to really be on CL morning, noon & night & prices are higher. St. Pete/TPA is a great area; my question would be, "where is your job and/or are you going to school re: Bradenton/Sarasota area...

I just got back from long weekend on East coast/Delray Beach ~ now that side is always busy, more diversion in age groups & no loss for activities ~ you just have to deal with traffic on 95/turnpike or Sawgrass.
To me, it looks like the young are a small secret society that move to a different rhythm than the rest of the town. There are particular bars they congregate in after the rest of us are home and in bed. I actually think that would be cool to be part of a small clique in a small city with many amenities. Maybe not an unlimited source of hotties, but probably enough. When Hubby & I are out to dinner, we see very cute and sweet young things working in restaurants. They are probably hotties in other professions, we just don't see them. Hubby always asks them where they are from and how they like it here, and the answer is often that they are locals and they love it here.

You just have to look past herds of geezers to see your peeps intermixed. Develop geezer blindness (we are irrelevant anyway) and you will be in heaven.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:26 PM

1,713 posts, read 2,346,973 times
I like all the old people here. They make me feel like a stud still.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area