Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 07:39 AM

25 posts, read 35,274 times

Advertisements

I moved to the NP area back in November of last year and I've been seeing a lot of construction going on lately at the intersections of Price/Toledo Blade, and also at Sumter/Price. I've done a bit of searching in the section but could not find any info. Maybe because I was searching on my android...who knows.

Anyhow, not really looking to get too far into the topic too much, I was just curious if anyone knows what's being built? It would be nice to know if there is anything that I can look forward to seeing

I know that Kia is in the process of constructing a new dealership facility at the Route 41/Cranberry/Hillsborough triangle, but that was only because a neighbor mentioned it to me.

Oh, and HELLO to all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2015, 07:35 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,963,144 times
Welcome to the board!

I have a home in North Port and I can barley keep up with all of the new construction going in. What I suggest you do is "friend or like" some of the various North Port groups. The new construction topic comes up quite frequently. A few groups I suggest are:

SW Florida Real Estate News

North Port Florida Group

North Port/Port Charlotte Buy/Sell/Trade

Venice, Nokomis and North Port FL Real Estate

North Port Florida Real Estate

North Port Florida and surrounding area for sale

941 nosey & I know it

Old 08-01-2015, 07:10 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,575,293 times
The City of North Port reported that there have been 30 permits for commercial buildings in the past year. I saw that Chipotle applied to build at 17019 Tamiami Trail. The Planning and Zoning department would be who to contact for new businesses coming to the area.

Old 08-03-2015, 06:13 AM

Awesome. I thank the two of you for your help

Old 08-08-2015, 01:22 PM

I just read online that there is going to be a Walmart Neighborhood Market near Price and Sumter. They started construction in July. Not sure when it will be done, but they expect to hire 95 employees.

Old 08-08-2015, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamRE View Post
I just read online that there is going to be a Walmart Neighborhood Market near Price and Sumter. They started construction in July. Not sure when it will be done, but they expect to hire 95 employees.
Yeah, they are clearing a large area there and I was wondering what their plans were. Thank you!

Another construction company is also doing something near the corner of Price & Toledo Blade (directly across from Publix) and I was just curious to know what the plans were. No signs are listed.

No big deal either way. I'd like to know for gossip reasons

Old 09-09-2015, 07:45 AM

Re-bumping this because I found an update on planning and zoning in the NP area. Click on the link below and look for the: To see what current development is taking place in North Port, CLICK HERE

-It's right above the team photo at the bottom.

North Port, FL : Planning & Zoning

I personally do not think we needed ANOTHER Walmart and Goodwill, but whatever...

Old 09-11-2015, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomarco View Post
Re-bumping this because I found an update on planning and zoning in the NP area. Click on the link below and look for the: To see what current development is taking place in North Port, CLICK HERE

-It's right above the team photo at the bottom.

North Port, FL : Planning & Zoning

I personally do not think we needed ANOTHER Walmart and Goodwill, but whatever...
Don't you just love the new City of North Port web site? They have great photos of the area.

Old 09-11-2015, 09:14 AM
CTC

668 posts, read 1,470,542 times
The developers won't be happy until NP is one solid strip mall. Do we really need another fast food joint like Popeyes? Well on a positive note we have healthy alternatives like First Watch and Panera.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:20 AM

390 posts, read 612,642 times
IMO, North Port needs a Bone Fish Grill, Trader Joes and Whole Foods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area