Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2016, 08:26 AM

86 posts, read 244,435 times

Advertisements

Hello!

Does anyone know anything about this development - good and/or bad?

I've noticed several units on the market for a long time. I think that probably means there is something going on with that condo association or the construction, but I have been unable to find anything like that online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2016, 12:15 PM

4,619 posts, read 7,541,245 times
Stonehaven is a newer community, built by Centex. List price has a lot to do with whether a unit moves or sits on the market. That being said, I would say that many of the downstairs units lack a lot of natural light, buyers comment on them being dark. Also, guest parking is a real pain in the backside. Do not park on the street for even 10 minutes, you could end up getting towed. All guests must park in designated guest parking, which is not convenient to all of the units.

Old 03-13-2016, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post
Stonehaven is a newer community, built by Centex. List price has a lot to do with whether a unit moves or sits on the market. That being said, I would say that many of the downstairs units lack a lot of natural light, buyers comment on them being dark. Also, guest parking is a real pain in the backside. Do not park on the street for even 10 minutes, you could end up getting towed. All guests must park in designated guest parking, which is not convenient to all of the units.
Thank you so much! Are you not allowed to park in the driveway? I see each unit has one. We don't plan to have more than one car, so we could park in the garage and have parking for at least one guest in the driveway, if allowed. We rarely have large parties, so hopefully the parking wouldn't be an issue. But, I definitely don't like a dark downstairs!

We currently live in a townhouse development which has the same parking issue...thanks for the heads up!

Old 03-14-2016, 10:32 AM

5 posts, read 6,406 times
Default Stonehaven

My daughter recently sold her unit in Stonehaven but at the time of listing, was only unit for sale. It was nice inside, did a lot of custom touches (Home theater, crown molding, etc.) She sold in less than a week. To be honest, only area dark due to lack of natural light was entrance hall from garage. She had a 3 bed, 2 bath unit on 1 floor. Some units are 2 story. Parking was not an issue due to only one car and guest parking spaces adjacent to her unit. Best of luck.

dm

Old 03-14-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denmar View Post
My daughter recently sold her unit in Stonehaven but at the time of listing, was only unit for sale. It was nice inside, did a lot of custom touches (Home theater, crown molding, etc.) She sold in less than a week. To be honest, only area dark due to lack of natural light was entrance hall from garage. She had a 3 bed, 2 bath unit on 1 floor. Some units are 2 story. Parking was not an issue due to only one car and guest parking spaces adjacent to her unit. Best of luck.

dm
Great information - thank you so much!!!

Old 03-14-2016, 12:30 PM

4,619 posts, read 7,541,245 times
Different people will have different opinions. As I mentioned, I've been inside a number of Stonehaven units over the past few years, including when they were brand new (I think I may still have the builder's sales folder with the floor plans, etc around here somewhere.) And the frequent comment I got from buyers was the units seemed dark. I think some of it had to do with the direction the windows were facing, perhaps also influenced by the specific floor plans. Remember, with a townhome, at least one side will lack windows because of being attached to another unit.

Units do have a short driveway for additional guest parking for one car. More than that, you have to go find one of the guest parking areas or become good friends with a neighbor.

I am not aware of any problems with the condo association, but if you are interested in buying a unit there you can ask to see the minutes of the last 3 board meetings to give you a better sense of what is going on within the community.

Because these are newer construction and actually built as condos vs apartments converted to condos, like some in the Palmer Ranch area, you will find insurance rates are more reasonable.

Stonehaven is one of the few newer construction options in the Clark & Honore area, so units do sell well if they are priced appropriately.

Old 03-14-2016, 12:33 PM

Thank you so much Sunshine Rules! I am definitely keeping these on my list of ones to strongly consider.

I also have looked at Parkstone with some interest. Any input on it?

Old 03-16-2016, 08:23 PM

9 posts, read 9,220 times
Yes, I must agree with SunshineRules.. we rented a 3/2.5 two story in Stonehaven and it was very dark. You'd think being two stories we'd have more light but it was in the middle of the building, the front living room had a garage in front of it, and the rear family room only had light from slider doors from a roofed lanai. We had a lot of comments on the darkness. On the other hand we went to an open house of a 1st bedroom apartment that was more situated on a corner and it had plenty of light.

The HOA was fine at first, not a peep until all the units were full and parking became and issue and they went sign crazy putting them everywhere. A neighbor I know got a violation from the HOA because another neighbor would store their trash can in front of his garage.. even though his house was vacant for months at a time. Having a car in the driveway is fine, if you park in visitors without a pass it will be gone before you blink.. .and it's a lovely long Uber ride to their tow company's lot near the Ringling Museum... Trust Me

Old 03-17-2016, 05:03 AM

Thanks so much Stonehaven!!!! Kind of funny that's your name on here, too, lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area