Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 07:22 PM

25,716 posts, read 12,793,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcleangirl View Post
I hate Sarasota! We moved here 18 months ago from McLean Va and what a culture shock! There are no restaurants here other than the Ritz and Summer House. Shopping is pathetic at best. Everyone is dying or stupid or just visiting. It’s so unbearably hot and humid. We have a big beautiful home with over 2 acres and a pool, Country Club membership, etc. I am so bored and so frustrated living here I could just die. Putting our house on the market and moving back to civilization in McLean Va. Huge mistake moving here! It’s like living in a 3rd world country.
The median household income in Mclean is $195,000. You should have moved to Beverly Hills, CA. West Palm Beach would have been a better fit for you than Sarasota. Maybe Boca Raton.

Sorry you failed to do your homework, and our area failed you. Sorry you didn't find Michael's on East, Veronica Oyster & Fish Market, and Cafe' L'Europe. You could have asked your limo driver to drive you up to Berns Steak house in Tampa.

Please tell all your friends up North how barbaric it is down here, and not to bother moving here.

Respectfully,

Neanderthal Man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 04:33 PM

252 posts, read 371,079 times
Quote:
I hate Sarasota! We moved here 18 months ago from McLean Va and what a culture shock! There are no restaurants here other than the Ritz and Summer House. Shopping is pathetic at best. Everyone is dying or stupid or just visiting. It’s so unbearably hot and humid. We have a big beautiful home with over 2 acres and a pool, Country Club membership, etc. I am so bored and so frustrated living here I could just die. Putting our house on the market and moving back to civilization in McLean Va. Huge mistake moving here! It’s like living in a 3rd world country.
Love it when somebody goes to the trouble of registering just to leave a post like this. Sarasota: like living in a 3rd world country.

Old 08-09-2019, 04:47 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,689,444 times
Quote:
lol girrrrrl, u should have done your research.
I mean it's hot and humid, like DUHH it's Florida. Plus Sarasota is a small town, u went from suburban DC, which is obvs a major metro area to a small town, what did u expect?

Old 08-09-2019, 05:17 PM

656 posts, read 1,374,997 times
Sarasota. God's waiting room. It's not hell though. I spent enough time in northern VA to hope I never see it again. To each their own. I would rather have a root canal every day for the rest of my life than live in Va

Old 08-12-2019, 11:57 AM

733 posts, read 760,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The median household income in Mclean is $195,000. You should have moved to Beverly Hills, CA. West Palm Beach would have been a better fit for you than Sarasota. Maybe Boca Raton.

Sorry you failed to do your homework, and our area failed you. Sorry you didn't find Michael's on East, Veronica Oyster & Fish Market, and Cafe' L'Europe. You could have asked your limo driver to drive you up to Berns Steak house in Tampa.

Please tell all your friends up North how barbaric it is down here, and not to bother moving here.

Respectfully,

Neanderthal Man
This is a great reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by La-La land View Post
Love it when somebody goes to the trouble of registering just to leave a post like this. Sarasota: like living in a 3rd world country.
I also noticed the first-time poster. Ha, troll to be ignored I'm guessing. You could pick any town in America and find someone who loves it and someone who hates it. As @beach43ofus said, do your homework.

Old 08-13-2019, 01:17 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,101,529 times
McLean, Va? No thank you.

An overpriced suburb of DC.

I'll take Sarasota all day long over northern Virginia.

Old 08-13-2019, 03:02 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,117,780 times
I will just never understand, troll or not, why someone becomes so vehement about a city or town - like it's personal or something. Over and over we see on these forums people who hated a town (or the whole state) and left and STILL can't let it go.

There are places I have lived and did not care for, or got tired of (including Sarasota, lol) but I still always see the good in them. I guess some people are just miserable being themselves.

Old 08-14-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I will just never understand, troll or not, why someone becomes so vehement about a city or town - like it's personal or something. Over and over we see on these forums people who hated a town (or the whole state) and left and STILL can't let it go.

There are places I have lived and did not care for, or got tired of (including Sarasota, lol) but I still always see the good in them. I guess some people are just miserable being themselves.
I could not agree more with gypsychic's post. These angry miserable people think it's a "place" that makes them happy, and not themselves. They choose to be unhappy for whatever reason. I think some people are just born that way. I don't think they know they are that way either. Some learn from Doctors or from those around them that something is wrong, so they go on anti-depressants. 1 in 6 Americans are taking some kind of psychotics, and most of those are anti-depressants.

I can tell who those people are on this forum. I call them negative Nellies. I'm constantly telling them that "it was just a darned Acorn". They try hard to drag everyone else down into their darkness, but they seldom succeed. They always have a cause that they try to hide behind. They are eternal pessimists, and they seem to always be living in fear of their cause. They try to stoke the same fear they have inside their own minds into other peoples' minds. When they fail, which is most of the time, they then become nasty, and lash out by name calling.

There are pro's and cons of everywhere humans live. I just happen to believe there are less cons here for me than anyplace else. Due to the population growth here, I tend to believe that I am in the majority.

For every new resident our area gets, there is likely 1 potential resident that lives elsewhere, but would LOVE to live here if they could. Many of the tourists and visitors to our great area are potential residents.

Old 08-16-2019, 07:45 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,501,316 times
I lived in NOVA and it was not picnic. Stuck up, snotty and busy people, 600k for a tiny house with no garage, horrible 3 hour commutes, everything planned by the traffic, unfriendly neighbors (unless you were military) - ice storms where you are trapped inside for days, children under constant pressure to succeed in high pressure schools, high teen suicide rate, I could go on and on

Old 08-16-2019, 08:06 PM

I'm out of here. Best of luck with this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area