Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 07:53 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,189,508 times

Advertisements

For on-line, try atgstores.com. It's owned by Lowes. The other big one is wayfair.com. Most of the stuff from those places has to be assembled, but it turns out looking quite nice. On occasion you can also get good deals at Costco.com.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 09:55 PM

2,432 posts, read 2,691,622 times
Wow thanks for all the ideas!! Didn't think of ikea(never had one nearby in Ohio, so I don't ever think of them). Will check online and see what I can fine. Imagardener, didn't know about that place with unfinished items, will be checking that out!

Newtovenice, will check Davis thrift also, thank you!

Cfbs, aw if only you were wanting to sell it lol. Didn't know jcpenny had furniture in a catalog.. will check into that! Thanks!

SRQ will check out leaders, I think we drove by it and it looked like just patio/outdoor items so never went in.

Thanks Cindy

Nancy, I think we went to baers in port Charlotte when we first moved(looking for sectional then). I can't remember it well now.. we will go back and check it out again though, just in case! Thanks!

Macro, will check out your suggestions, perfectly willing to assemble anything at this point lol

Old 01-06-2017, 09:38 AM

733 posts, read 760,873 times
Didn't see Kane's Furniture mentioned. They have a big store on 301 in Sarasota, not sure about other locations. We bought a few things from there in the past year at what I would consider average prices, but not sure if they have what you are after. We also got something from American Signature Furniture off University, again average prices but decent experience.

Old 01-07-2017, 05:15 AM

3 posts, read 7,359 times
We recently bought a home in Venice and have spent A LOT of time at furniture stores.

I can't recommend Fox Furniture on rte 41 in Venice highly enough. It's a family-owned company with decades of experience. They delivered some items off the floor within hours to us and have lots of options to order as well. Their prices are not only reasonable, but honest and fair. Many of the stores in the area do the "Here's the regular and the sale price" tags to make you feel like you are getting a bargain. I didn't realize until after it was delivered, but all the sofas and chairs we bought from them were made in America (2 local in Florida). Ask for Margie. She has been so helpful!

On the flip side, avoid Coast to Coast furniture. It's in the Venice Auction building. They have a large inventory and will deliver quickly so it appeals to those in a rush. We did buy several things there. The quality was OK. I went back in to look for some end tables. As soon as I walked in I was "greeted" by a sales person who proceeded to follow me around the store. It was a cool morning and making small talk I said "It's chilly in here. It almost feels colder inside than outside." He looked me up and down (I was wearing capris and a tshirt) and said sarcastically, "It's called 'dressing for the weather you ever hear of it?" As I continued walking through the store there were 3 salesmen gathered together. They were near the area where you pay, but behind tall furniture so they didn't know I was on the other side of it. They were loudly talking about how their prices are much higher than Ashley (they sell Ashley furniture) and how to deal with customers who are aware. They shared some pretty slimey tactics. I was curious and tried to go on the Ashley website in the store on my phone, but couldn't connect despite being able to connect to other sites. When I got home I did compare and learned that had we purchased all the same furniture we had bought directly from Ashley we would've paid over $800.00 less.

Good luck with your search.

Old 01-07-2017, 07:57 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
If you go to Davis, go Sunday mornings around 8 am. That's when the truck is there. They unload in the parking lot. it will be busy. They also deliver, fees depend on location.

Old 01-07-2017, 05:04 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,189,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyBirdSnowBird View Post
When I got home I did compare and learned that had we purchased all the same furniture we had bought directly from Ashley we would've paid over $800.00 less.

Good luck with your search.
I had a similar experience with LazBoy. We purchased a bedroom set and I saw it advertised at Hudsons for much less than we bought it. But that was after it was delivered. I've also been dissatisfied with the leather recliners we got a LazBoy. Inside a year the area where I put my head has worn noticeable and I don't use any hair products.

Old 01-07-2017, 05:17 PM

708 posts, read 577,973 times
Spray paint is your friend!

Old 02-07-2017, 03:55 PM

70 posts, read 103,835 times
Ikea is my number one!! Overstock.com is the best for online stuff. God luck!

Old 02-08-2017, 10:05 AM

20 posts, read 26,624 times
Wayfair. Ikea. Crate & Barrel. Arhaus. West Elm. Womens Resource Center in Sarasota for used.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area