Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2016, 03:15 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,728,669 times

Advertisements

Matadora, while I appreciate what you're trying to do here, you don't have to wage a holy war. This isn't a scientists forum, it's a science forum. If someone is posting what you disagree with, you can prove them wrong, but they don't really have to listen. Agree to disagree, move on.
Yac.

Old 06-15-2016, 12:45 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,461,491 times
This is some good news and I will be following it closely!

First phase 1 human aging reversal trials (GDF, Myostatin) in a year or two and George Church discusses how to affordably rejuvenate the whole body

The link: Next Big Future: First phase 1 human aging reversal trials (GDF, Myostatin) in a year or two and George Church discusses how to affordably rejuvenate the whole body
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 03:42 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Dream on!

Old 06-17-2016, 10:23 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,610,481 times
Matadora is obsessed with being right and having the last word and Jossepie just keeps on posting without a care.

It's hilarious.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Matadora is obsessed with being right and having the last word and Jossepie just keeps on posting without a care.
Wrong assessment on your part. I just have an issue with scientific illeratacy and Pseudo-Science trying to be passed off as Science.

All I am trying to do is help others who are not scientifically educated, learn how to spot bs. Learn how to understand where to find credible sources of science information. Learn how to check out the credibility of certain certain hokey "scientists" looking to make money off of the gullible and scientifically illiterate population that plagues the US. Learn how to discern Pseudo-Science from Science.

What are you here to do?

Old 06-19-2016, 04:10 PM

Here you go Josseppie!

You can purchase these supplements and become a part of this study.

The Anti-Aging Pill

Quote:
This time, Guarente says, the idea is to market anti-aging molecules as a dietary supplement and follow up with clients over time with surveys and post-marketing studies.
Disclaimer: Guarente says it doesn’t trouble him that he sees no obvious benefits yet from his supplement regimen.

Old 06-19-2016, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Here you go Josseppie!

You can purchase these supplements and become a part of this study.

The Anti-Aging Pill

Disclaimer: Guarente says it doesn’t trouble him that he sees no obvious benefits yet from his supplement regimen.
I am actually watching this company. The thing is at 43 I can wait till its past the clinical trial or experimental stage. Why my goal is to reverse age by 2023 when I am 50. But even if I have to wait till 2029 I will still be in my 50's as from what I read the years it's most likely to become approved is 2023-2029. Although it will be expensive at first that is not much of a concern as I can just use my retirement and resave.

Old 06-19-2016, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I am actually watching this company. The thing is at 43 I can wait till its past the clinical trial or experimental stage.
Sorry but that is why this is hokey in the first place. They are not doing clinical trials. Please read the link.
Quote:
That’s why Guarente says he decided to take the unconventional route of packaging cutting-edge lab research as so-called nutraceuticals, which don’t require clinical trials or approval by the FDA.
The big hint here is "unconventional route", all this means is that they will market their product by sneaking around the strict FDA protocols or doing clinical trials.

In not doing clinical trials or getting this product cleared through the FDA...This means there’s no guarantee that Elysium’s first product, a blue pill called Basis that is going on sale this week, will actually keep you young.

Perhaps you can read the links below to get a good understanding of what a Clinical Trial is and how it follows strict protocols.

Clinical Trials

Learn About Clinical Studies

Old 06-19-2016, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Sorry but that is why this is hokey in the first place. They are not doing clinical trials. Please read the link.

The big hint here is "unconventional route", all this means is that they will market their product by sneaking around the strict FDA protocols or doing clinical trials.

In not doing clinical trials or getting this product cleared through the FDA...This means there’s no guarantee that Elysium’s first product, a blue pill called Basis that is going on sale this week, will actually keep you young.

Perhaps you can read the links below to get a good understanding of what a Clinical Trial is and how it follows strict protocols.

Clinical Trials

Learn About Clinical Studies
I can still wait and see how this works and it will not be the only drug coming on the market.

Old 06-20-2016, 02:49 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,610,481 times
Quote:
What are you here to do?

I'm here to read the links people post to various medical/scientific break throughs.

I was gonna be a crusader against the pseudo science that ruins lives, but I don't like wasting my time.

I've already talked to Jossepie about not agreeing with his time line and certain angles of what he thinks is coming. But his mind's made up and good for him. Who cares. His threads are interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology