Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 10:32 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,448,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
Or maybe Toba (from Wikipedia):
I also think an asteroid is a good bet.
We already used that one to explain the disappearance of the dinosaurs. How about something more imaginative?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 05:36 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,131,243 times
There was one I mentioned some time ago, about a star emitting a huge amount of gamma rays. If it had been pointed at use, we wouldn't be talking about stuff like this. We'd all be dead.

Old 04-22-2009, 05:40 PM

1,389 posts, read 3,533,639 times
My bet is on the Death Star.

But then again, there are humans on the Death Star, so I guess it would not be the end of the Human race.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:51 AM

712 posts, read 2,146,027 times
We will evolve that will be the demise.. (these silly ideas of disconnection, lack, good and evil will disappear within our lifetime and in a way that is a demise of what the human race WAS or currently is transitioning from..) as for somewhat real demise's.. to be honest if I have my way, leave that to me.. I will do it many way's..

Old 04-27-2009, 03:03 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,635,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster View Post
We will evolve that will be the demise.. (these silly ideas of disconnection, lack, good and evil will disappear within our lifetime and in a way that is a demise of what the human race WAS or currently is transitioning from..) as for somewhat real demise's.. to be honest if I have my way, leave that to me.. I will do it many way's..

Err, Umm, please don't take this the wrong way, but I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. It seems rather cryptic. Would you mind explaining your valuable point of view with a bit more clarity?

Old 04-28-2009, 06:21 PM

712 posts, read 2,146,027 times
It's purposely cryptic..

The world is changing and this is a accelerated time and in that time all the idea's on the planet will evolve to a new type of level.. this is my understanding.. this will take place most likely before 2040.. help?

Old 04-28-2009, 08:39 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,131,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
We already used that one to explain the disappearance of the dinosaurs. How about something more imaginative?
Nope I think that was Yellowstone.

BTW. I just read this:

The newest research, led by Gerta Keller of Princeton University in New Jersey, and Thierry Adatte of the University of Lausanne, Switzerland, uses evidence from Mexico to suggest that the Chicxulub impact predates the K-T boundary by as much as 300,000 years.

Old 04-28-2009, 09:16 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,039,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
I watched "Encounters at the End of the World," a film about Antarctica by Werner Herzog, and a lot of the researchers down there on the South Pole are talking about Global Warming and how it will eventually cause the demise of the human race. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? What is the world population right now? What do you think is going to put an end to us eventually? How will it happen and how long will it take? I have a sense that our technology and interdependence is going to be part of our downfall. We are all so connected that if the power grid goes down, we're all without electricity. Same goes with our fuel and food. Has anyone studies this? What are the theories?

The human species, I believe, will never be wiped out because you have indigenous people ( i.e Dogon tribe) who are scattered around the earth who are very in tune with nature and can make preparations to save themselves in advance; however, 90% of the domesticated people (us) definitely will be wiped out if a natural cataclysm were to occur. Its our own fault; we are too disconnected from nature; we are too concentrated in the same areas, and we spend too much time caught up in fantasy's ( T.V, Video Games).

Anyhow, what I'm looking at right now, that the news is not reporting, is how the sun is so quiet! It's in a extreme solar minimum. I believe when it wakes up its quite possible we will see a sun like no other! More or less all of our satellites will be in jeopardy if the sun decides to fling out some serous X flairs... Also some people believe that the heightened level of energy from the sun causes man as a whole to behave more aggressively so I'm expecting to see more turbulent times in the near future...

NASA - How Low Can It Go? Sun Plunges into the Quietest Solar Minimum in a Century

http://www.vukcevic.co.uk/combined.gif

Last edited by Morphous01; 04-28-2009 at 10:19 PM..

Old 04-28-2009, 09:32 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,039,772 times
Quote:

In this plane of existence I believe evil will never go away because this evil is within our DNA. If you believe the story of Noah the earth was wiped clean and only Noah and his family survived but later generations evil made its debut with Nimrod.

http://awearnessblog.com/Medical_Snake-thumb-250x286.jpg (broken link)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...horizontal.png

http://http://awearnessblog.com/Medical_Snake-thumb-250x286.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-28-2009, 11:46 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,635,320 times
Quote:
It's purposely cryptic..

The world is changing and this is a accelerated time and in that time all the idea's on the planet will evolve to a new type of level.. this is my understanding.. this will take place most likely before 2040.. help?

Hmmm. I'd recommend skipping the cryptic stuff because it really doesn't make any sense.

Okay, let's see...
- The world is changing.
- Accelerated time.
- All ideas on the planet will evolve to a new type of level.
- Might happen before 2040.

Sorry, it doesn't help. Can you explain why all that would cause the demise of the human race? And how? Is this all leading up to Skynet?

You said earlier, "as for somewhat real demise's.. to be honest if I have my way, leave that to me.. I will do it many way's.."
Do what in many ways? And why should it be left up to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology