Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2010, 09:33 PM

7 posts, read 9,884 times

Advertisements

Whats up guys,

This has probably been asked and i have found some good stuff on this site but i havent found exactly what ive looked for, so why not ask

Im 18 and from new england area and plan on "starting anew" i guess you could say in about a year or two. I just have to get on my own and live my own life. I've currently got a few thousand saved up, and plan to have between 6-10 thousand when i leave, depending on some jobs here

Anyway, I really need some advice on what cities to look into. Obviously im gonna need an affordable apartment, say around 750ish. great public transportation as i may not take a car, and good job market. manufacturing and warehouse entry level jobs would be fine for me.

and last i would like to be near some sort of water, the ocean or a big lake or something.

and im posting in here, because i have been looking at seattle alot, but thats a little more expensive and i dont know if i can deal with constant clouds and drizzle.

appreciate any help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 02:50 PM

217 posts, read 561,830 times
try searching here:
Seattle real estate - houses, condos, apartments and property for sale and for rent | NWhomes

If you're not sure if you can deal with constant clouds and drizzle you probably should consider another part of the country.
I'm one of the few souls that love the rain and look forward to the rainy season...all 11 months of it.
(heh)

Old 12-06-2010, 08:56 PM

7 posts, read 9,884 times
I mean i dont think i would mind it as long as i can actually go outside. i guess im asking if its constantly drizzling/raining or is it more raining/and then cloudy non sunny days (but you can still be outside)

and any other city suggestions?

thanks

Old 12-07-2010, 02:36 PM

217 posts, read 561,830 times
The rain in Seattle is usually just showers, I hardly ever see downpours. It keeps everything green and the air nice and breathable. I'm out walking in the rain all the time.
I think what bothers some people is the long stretches of overcast days without sunshine.

Try Atlanta; rent is cheaper but crime is higher....more sun but not quite as nice to look at.
I guess it depends on what is important to you.
Keep us posted what you decide. Good Luck!

Old 12-07-2010, 07:38 PM

Location: I live in the Seattle neighborhood of Belltown. I live in a nice building called Mosler Lofts.
174 posts, read 590,359 times
Give West Seattle a try. It's more affordable then many other parts of the city. You can rent a place there that will give you some good bang for your buck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area