Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2012, 09:17 AM

2 posts, read 2,202 times

Advertisements

Hello, I've seen similar posts on this site and people have given some very helpful answers, so I thought I'd post my own set of needs and questions and see if I could get some advice from experienced Seattlers(?), Seattleites(?). What's the right terminology, anyway?

I made 2 brief visits to Seattle and have really only seen the Pike Place/Belltown and some areas in West Seattle. I'm trying to narrow down my apartment hunting. I'm hoping some of you might have some suggestions of areas or specific complexes for me to look into.

So far I'm leaning toward Central Waterfront/Pike Place area, possibly Belltown (wondering if that's more of a nightlife (aka-not for me) spot, or Capitol Hill (which I've not seen in person yet).

I'm a single, 34 yo female moving there for a new professional job. As far as areas go, I'm looking for something:
-very walkable (close to shops, coffee houses, grocery stores, and parks/trails)
- I'm not a 'nightlife' (bars/clubs) person. My social activities tend to center around coffee shops, tennis, and walking and running.
- I want easy access to I-5 (for work commute)
- no crazy ongoing construction I'd be able to hear from my apartment

Complex:
- can pay up to $2000/mo (for rent and parking combined)
- Pet friendly (40 lb. dog)
- secured parking
- gym with cardio and weight equipment
- good community feel among complex

Apartment:
- A/C or ceiling fans would be a bonus
- washer and dryer in unit is a must
- provides painted accent walls
- studio or open 1 BR floorplans
- great view (city/water)
- prefer darker finishes (cabinets/appliances)

Pretty specific list, I know. But if anyone happens to know the perfect area or complex for me, I'd be very appreciative.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 10:37 AM

507 posts, read 1,669,487 times
Something like Harbor Steps at the Waterfront would probably tick all your boxes...you could go running at the Waterfront or Myrtle Edwards Park, the place has a gym and there are a few coffee shops around. I don't know about AC but it's really not something you need to worry about in Seattle, I'd be more worried about a decent heating system :-)

Capitol Hill is great (I live there) but it's got more of a independent vibe to it. There aren't as many corporate style, gym-inclusive apartment complexes there but there are some. There is an abundance of coffee shops (with much more atmosphere than most downtown ones I might add) and there is also very good nightlife and lots of restaurants. If you live two blocks away from Pike/Pine and/or Broadway you won't notice any nightlife activities in your home. There is also a public tennis court in Cal Anderson park. It's also an extremely walkable area with many independent shops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
View detailed profiles of: