Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 11:05 AM

2,811 posts, read 5,623,002 times

Advertisements

Seattle Area - Starving Photographer

Anybody know where this picture would have been taken? Is there a park up on a hill somewhere that gives this particular view? I've found many cool spots to take similar pictures of Rainier over Lake Washington, but am really intrigued over the angle and elevation of this one, I'd love to go to this spot to try a few shots from this same location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 11:19 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
Seattle Area - Starving Photographer

Anybody know where this picture would have been taken? Is there a park up on a hill somewhere that gives this particular view? I've found many cool spots to take similar pictures of Rainier over Lake Washington, but am really intrigued over the angle and elevation of this one, I'd love to go to this spot to try a few shots from this same location.
I can't help you with the information you're looking for but I just wanted to comment that that is an absolutely stunning picture.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:21 AM

426 posts, read 957,901 times
Use the "contact" tab on the website and ask the photographer.

My guess would be that it was taken from a rooftop, somewhere on the east edge of Capitol Hill, along 23rd maybe?

Old 03-26-2012, 11:32 AM

9,618 posts, read 27,330,094 times
I'm thinking that's it almost has to be in the Leschi neighborhood. Maybe Frink Park, which is adjacent to Leschi park, or somewhere near the senior center around 30th Ave S around S. King St, which is close to Frink Park.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:59 AM

Here's the view from the Senior Center at 30th and King:
Close but no cigar?
Our Facilities

Old 03-26-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
Here's the view from the Senior Center at 30th and King:
Close but no cigar?
Our Facilities
Hmm, close but seems to be a bit farther back and a different angle. I'll have to do what another poster mentioned and try to contact the photographer via the website to find out for sure.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
Hmm, close but seems to be a bit farther back and a different angle. I'll have to do what another poster mentioned and try to contact the photographer via the website to find out for sure.
You got me curious. Let us know what you find out. I'm doing some real estate work in those parts later this week, so I'll drive around looking. When you say " a bit further back" you mean further west?, meaning you think the picture was taken somewhere closer to the lake, or that you think the picture was taken closer to the bridge? In that case, my current guess is somewhere in Mount Baker, around 31st Ave S around Dose Terrace.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:26 PM

507 posts, read 1,668,462 times
yes, nice picture indeed. I don't know where this is but I know the photographer cannot be starving that much, according to the EXIF in the image it was taken with a Pentax 645D, a digital medium format camera which will set you back 10K for the body only

Old 03-26-2012, 01:30 PM

1,632 posts, read 6,841,325 times
Keywords, etc

FWIW, Leschi is one of the keywords. I don't think the photo has any embedded 'geotags.'

Quote:
I'm thinking that's it almost has to be in the Leschi neighborhood. Maybe Frink Park, which is adjacent to Leschi park, or somewhere near the senior center around 30th Ave S around S. King St, which is close to Frink Park.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
You got me curious. Let us know what you find out. I'm doing some real estate work in those parts later this week, so I'll drive around looking. When you say " a bit further back" you mean further west?, meaning you think the picture was taken somewhere closer to the lake, or that you think the picture was taken closer to the bridge? In that case, my current guess is somewhere in Mount Baker, around 31st Ave S around Dose Terrace.
Just as I look at the two, I think the photographer took the shot a bit closer to the lake, and a bit closer to the bridge. As I looked at a map I am trying to figure out what piece of land curves around there on the west side of the lake-- north of the bridge somewhere to give that vantage point. Like you, I have wondered if it could be somewhere around the Mount Baker neighborhood. I have sent a request to the photographer, I'll let everyone know what I hear back- if I hear back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area