Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2014, 11:49 AM

1 posts, read 4,437 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am from Europe, should come to work at Amazon in October. Got offer 5 month ago and h1-b visa stamp into passport. But just week ago company initiated background check. I have provided alredy a criminal record extract which is clean, but just today noticed that in my CV there is a typo of one starting date of employment which was 8 years ago ( instead of May it is Mar (March)). So iam getting worried about that. Questions:

- what scope of background check Amazom fulfils?
- how long it may take to complete (for foreiner)?
- could that typo be a reason to cancel my contract?

Thanks in advance for any information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 06:20 PM

1 posts, read 4,339 times
I am a Canadian citizen. I don't have a degree, but I do have two years of professional software engineering experience.

A while back, Amazon interviewed me and they said my lack of degree and experience wouldn't prevent them from getting me a work visa.

Now, I'm interviewing with Google, but the process might not go forward because of my lack of degree and experience. Does anyone know what kind of process that Amazon uses in such cases? Is there something that Google is missing?

Old 09-17-2014, 08:22 PM

3 posts, read 12,790 times
Can anyone here speak to the Fraud Investigator department?
I have my first phone interview coming up and would like to know more about that process as well as all the negative reviews I have read. Regardless of the unpleasant reviews, I am going forward anyway.
Still I would like to know if anyone has any experience working in that department?

Thank you!!

Old 09-18-2014, 12:13 AM

2,064 posts, read 4,435,743 times
DMSeattle, what role are you interviewing for? software engineer, tpm, etc.?

the fraud investigation department is pretty big. it's not a bad division (consists of teams called TRUST, JUPITER, etc.). most of them work in a building called Varzea at the corner of Westlake/Denny.

Old 09-18-2014, 09:16 AM

Thank you, RVD90277.

I believe the role is called Fraud Investigator.

Thanks!!

Old 09-18-2014, 01:47 PM

i don't know much about the role and what they do.

i can only guess that they look for issues of fraudulent credit cards, account verification, money laundering, manufactured spending (i buy from you, you buy from me over and over again), etc.

Old 09-19-2014, 07:28 AM

Thanks.

I had first phone interview. Now I wait.............

Old 09-19-2014, 11:05 AM

5 posts, read 22,729 times
RVD,

Do you suggest following up with a recruiter for a status update if you've passed the time they said they would respond to you by for a yes/no? Not sure if that comes off as desperate or eager or what.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknowsbo View Post
RVD,

Do you suggest following up with a recruiter for a status update if you've passed the time they said they would respond to you by for a yes/no? Not sure if that comes off as desperate or eager or what.
Yes. Recruiters are very very busy always juggling a lot of balls at once. Most of them are very good but they are only human so sometimes they are out on vacation, leave the company, dismiss a reminder and forget to get back to you, or have you on their to-do list that is a mile long. Amazon is constantly hiring and there are hundreds of interviews every single day on campus.

It's totally cool for you to politely email them to ask for a quick update or status if it's past the time that they said that they would get back to you. I would emphasize that the recruiter is on your side...you getting hired helps them meet their numbers. Just be nice about it and ask along the lines of "Hi, I don't mean to bother you and I'm sure you are extremely busy but I was just wondering if you have an update from my interview on XYZ. Thank you and have a nice afternoon!"

RVD.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:23 AM

5 posts, read 22,729 times
Thanks for the quick reply and I'll try that this afternoon.

Also, since i scanned most of this board and find a lot of questions are about length of time between replies and so forth, ill try to remember to post my entire experience once i hear a yes or no for anyone interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area