Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2012, 01:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,164 times

Advertisements

I'll try to make this short as possible. 1 child under 12. 2 adult children (only 1 coming along) and 1 parent. So I guess it isn't a traditional "family" as I see posted on here due to almost everyone being an adult. I have done some research and saw these areas listed as "family friendly"

North of Seattle -
Bothell
Edmonds
Everett
South of Seattle -
Burien
Des Moines
Renton

Montlake
Madison Park
View Ridge
Ravenna
Green Lake
Wallingford
North Beach
Sammamish/Issaquah
Shoreline
Fremont
Beacon Hill
Ballard

That seems like most of the entire Seattle area.. but ok. The plan is to save up as much as possible and go without being able to see the area or even community.

We want to rent. Rent hopefully under $1,000 or little over and yes I know how crazy that sounds so obviously we know we won't be downtown or 30 minutes near it.

Might not have a car but riding transit/walking is ok.

Hoping local areas to eat from and shop from are near by.

We have visited before in both Queen Anne and Ballard. We liked both but Queen Anne seemed a bit too "busy" so we liked Ballard more. Is it possible to rent in Ballard for under or around $1,000? Is the area going to be fun for a child? If not, are there any areas (listed above?) similar to the Ballard community and walkability layout that fits this description ..with a good supply of rentals?

I always ready about "shady areas" and yet the CityData statistics reflect the complete opposite of what Seattle residents are saying here. *I do see crime but it is NO WHERE NEAR what we have here.. *what is "shady" to people of Seattle exactly?? Look at the statistics!*

It would be nice to hear someone from the south of the USA also so I can get a better perspective. *Like I don't want to be turned away from a beautiful area like Queen Anne because people think minorities at the bus stop is "shady" or anything petty/ridiculous*like that. Thanks.

I know it won't be pretty but we just don't want to be around roaches, drug dealers, crime or areas that are extremely remote. I can deal with living near airports (the sound and all) but I always read how SKETCHY they are in terms of crime just how bad are they? Is the airport area in Everett worse than Seatac? I'm not sure how good the credit will be, if I toss a bunch of money at an apartment (2-3 months worth of rent in advanced) will they let us in? I live no where near this time zone to even drive around so I hope you guys can help.

Last edited by Count David; 09-22-2012 at 07:12 AM.. Reason: removed formatting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area