Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 03:55 PM

520 posts, read 597,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSeasLifestyler View Post
Woodinville, quiet? I believe there is a lot of live music in the area during the warmer weather. I think all the vineyards try to attract people with it. The main problem I've heard is that traffic can get epic.
Well, bear in mind that my basis of comparison is Bethesda...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2014, 07:31 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,668,019 times
Edmonds is one of the glamour places in the Seattle metro. However, you can still "reach of the beach" with lower cost real estate, perhaps without views, and not within walking distance. The higher priced homes usually have a view of the Sound, but there are plenty of areas in East Edmonds (not sure that is an actual phrase, and some would call it West Mountlake Terrace), that are affordable. Downtown Edmonds is mellow, quiet, and has many fine eateries and bars.

Old 05-12-2014, 10:47 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,304,797 times
OK, folks, bring it back to "Seattle love". I love the quirky neighborhood of Fremont, where else can you find a giant troll, a real rocket, the best soccer bar in Seattle, an organic chocolate factory, multiple brew pubs, outdoor movies in the summer, the funkiest flea market this side of London, a Lenin statue and a solstice parade each summer with hundred of naked body painted bicyclists?

Old 07-05-2014, 06:31 PM

299 posts, read 1,153,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WANative View Post
I assume this is sarcasm because the asian women are some of the worst drivers (and slowest) that Ive ever had the frustration of driving behind. WISH they would all take the bus!
Hmmm, I'm assuming that you have never driven in Manila, Philippines and know you haven't driven behind my wife. LOL Anyway, WA look out as we are excited to be moving there either next year or 2016 and we can't wait.

jOE
Angeles City
Philippines

Old 11-29-2014, 09:30 AM

808 posts, read 542,227 times
Default The Sunlight Cafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSeasLifestyler View Post
Can you help me love it even more? Recommendations for REALLY GOOD FOOD. And more beaches. Of the not-lake variety
SSLifestyler
I always stop in at the Sunlight, in Ravenna, when I'm in the neighborhood, and have time.

Old 11-29-2014, 01:13 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pw72 View Post
Edmonds is one of the glamour places in the Seattle metro. However, you can still "reach of the beach" with lower cost real estate, perhaps without views, and not within walking distance. The higher priced homes usually have a view of the Sound, but there are plenty of areas in East Edmonds (not sure that is an actual phrase, and some would call it West Mountlake Terrace), that are affordable. Downtown Edmonds is mellow, quiet, and has many fine eateries and bars.
Downtown Edmonds is too small to have "many" fine eateries and bars. It's tiny!

Old 11-29-2014, 05:07 PM

8,072 posts, read 8,370,078 times
Great parks, both inside the city and outside.

Old 11-29-2014, 06:35 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,150,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalex View Post
I love the fact that no one has once asked me what church I go to in 2 years here. I have no clue as to the religious affiliation of a single person I've met. I only know the political leanings of one parent at my kid's school, and only bc his car is covered in obnoxious stickers. No one is shoving any idealogy down my throat, let alone my daughter's. I'm thinking the others from the south can understand how cathartic that is
LOL: if anyone here (Seattle metro) EVER asks "what church do (I) go to", think I'll pantomime a pentagram in the air and mumble "RedruM!" in my best menacing demon-voice.

Wackos at the door...few that there are, selling magazines, Jesus, the Easter Bunny, and/or other gibberish...get a big dose of that or similar already. I love that there are "few."

What do I also love? That it's true: no one gets on my case about religion. Or any...thing...else. Nor do I ever get on anyone's case about...uh...anything, either. That this is the perfect place to be free to be...indifferent.

I further love that if one spent, say, ten years honing some specific tech skills to the point they can split atoms, there is plenty of work in greater Seattle. With any of 10x companies. I'm waiting for the "inequality" protests to start around that, as the "gentrification" protests (are, were) heating up in Oakland. Never mind that I personally know a half-dozen people who started from ghetto-sort of backgrounds, minority and otherwise, who are now highly-paid professionals due to their own smarts and hard work.

Lastly, I love that here you can be all you can be if you're willing to work at it, in terms of opportunities for professionals.

Old 11-29-2014, 07:00 PM

10,753 posts, read 23,828,256 times
I lived in Seattle from 2000-2005 and the last time I had visited was 2007, so it had been seven years away and memories were starting to fall off the radar. Unfortunately I had to go up there last weekend for a funeral service. I went up there, landed at Sea-Tac and heartstrings were tugged immediately. I reunited with friends, saw many acquaintances from the past, socialized, reminisced, I laughed hard and I cried hard.

Over time I had forgotten how much I loved that beautiful city. The hills, the trees, mountains, water views everywhere, its gorgeous skyline, the quirky character, the coffee, the amazing food, the walkable neighborhoods, her growth and strength, and most of all her people. I'm not sure I could do another round of living there, but it hurts to be away. I have romantic and heartfelt feelings for the place, like an ex-lover. Sigh....I love that city. I need to visit more often.

Last edited by Champ le monstre du lac; 11-29-2014 at 07:12 PM..

Old 12-10-2014, 08:39 PM

179 posts, read 548,093 times
Don't live there but doing my research...seems so awesome how many places are within a reasonable drive or reasonably inexpensive flight of Seattle - that is a huge plus in my book. Anyone have any favorite day or weekend trips?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area