Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 10:31 AM

2,919 posts, read 3,188,111 times

Advertisements

Lol, I think I will need electro shock treatment once I leave Seattle, to get mentally stabilized again. Just my opinion, and experience here, but there are way more single men than single women in Seattle. With the guarded, reserved social ethos of the region as well, it can make for a painful and lonely stay for the atypical, happy go lucky, pleasant, extroverted chap over the age of 40. Seattle is most likely great for the 20 something's, though, for dating I imagine. In the older age ranges, the competition is fierce, just to get a date with a nice looking 40 something year old imo. Women got it good in Seattle. The upper hand goes to the tall, lanky, nerdy, liberal, introverted, techie sort of chap, imo. Which seems to be the general preference of the women in Seattle. Maybe getting involved in a group, church, and etc, might give some men a smidgen of hope for meeting someone though. Great city, but not so much for single, more mature aged men, especially men who are more blue collar, more conservative, and more libertarian types...oh and extroverted. That aspect of Seattle, along with the mind numbing traffic, I will not miss, lol.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 04-11-2014 at 11:36 AM..

Old 04-11-2014, 10:49 AM

1,511 posts, read 1,973,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrider434 View Post
Women got it good in Seattle, a city where even the 4's and 5's can carry and regard themselves as 9's and 10's, and the men still are still clamoring for attention and a chance, ...as the running joke at my gym goes. The upper hand goes to the tall, lanky, nerdy, liberal, introverted, techie sort of chap, imo.
Hard to imagine women wouldn't be thoroughly charmed by someone who refers to them as a rating out of 10.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:55 AM

Just my view, people have different experiences I am sure, enjoy Seattle

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 04-11-2014 at 12:06 PM..

Old 04-11-2014, 01:02 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,832,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrider434 View Post
Lol, I think I will need electro shock treatment once I leave Seattle, to get mentally stabilized again. Just my opinion, and experience here, but there are way more single men than single women in Seattle. With the guarded, reserved social ethos of the region as well, it can make for a painful and lonely stay for the atypical, happy go lucky, pleasant, extroverted chap over the age of 40. Seattle is most likely great for the 20 something's, though, for dating I imagine. In the older age ranges, the competition is fierce, just to get a date with a nice looking 40 something year old imo.

Who needs to date a woman who is that old?? Seriously, 40 is the new 20 for men.. Men have one advantage, they are not called cougars if they decide to chase after the younger gals.. Perhaps, your problem is you're chasing after women who are too old.. GO , find yourself, a nice 20 something.. I, personally, would not even want to date a woman who is over 30.. I like to stay active, fit and enjoy trying new things.. There is a lot of younger women who actually respect an older guy who has his stuff together, as they see many men their age just tend to be a bit dull, juvenile or inexperienced in life. There are some women who actually like a man for his wisdom and knowledge, which older tend to have more.

My 45 year old friend hooked up with this pretty 28 year old dancer in Puyallup. He has a real outgoing, friendly, easy-going social personality. Just don't behave like a grumpy old guy , but rather be fun, friendly, well-mannered older gentleman.

Old 04-11-2014, 04:01 PM

11 posts, read 19,798 times
The "social scene" in Seattle is miserable on a good day.

Dating, friends, doesn't matter. Same ****, different day. It blows. I'm not going to deny it anymore, this place ****ING SUCKS. Unless you are coming here to make money, stay away. I promise you this more than anything. Even if you enjoy nature, enjoy having 200 other people on your trail.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:17 PM

2,173 posts, read 4,410,251 times
I thought the balance of guys to girls was much worse for guys in the 2 major metro areas I lived in CA (San Diego and SF Bay). I have only lived in three major metros as an adult (SF Bay, San Diego, Seattle), and Seattle has been the best dating by far for me. Or maybe it's just because San Diego and SF Bay were just so bad that Seattle seems good? They actually call San Diego "Man Diego" because there are so many more guys then women. And I just didn't relate well to SoCal type women. SF Bay, especially Silicon Valley has way more men b/c men dominate the high tech industry.

I grew up on the east coast but left for the west coast right after high school for college, so I never really dated on the east coast as an adult. But I always really liked NYC, Philly, Boston when I went back and visited in terms of good vibes from women and NYC especially having lots of beautiful women of every race. And I heard from many guys the dating in NYC was really great for guys, much better then the west coast. And it's quantifiable, NYC has more women the men. There was a Forbes article a few years ago about what cities were better for what genders in terms of dating, and the California cities always had way more guys and the east coast cities more women. Seattle was about a wash.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:24 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,726 times
I love how there are some people saying it's fine, other saying it's outstanding, and others yet who say it's the worst thing ever. I'm pretty sure if you started a thread about the dating scene in any large metro city in the country you would get a similar range of responses.

You only have to find one woman who likes you. Just one (at a time). In a city with 600,000 people. If you want to stay single and get consistent action you better know what you are doing and be willing to take action and put yourself out there, that goes for anywhere you live. That also goes for getting into a relationship, have to go meet women and lead and make it happen, most women are passive by nature.

To quote the wise prophet Louis CK, when talking about how good we have it: "...And I mean we get to have sex, thats free, if you're smart."

Last edited by tofur; 04-11-2014 at 08:34 PM..

Old 04-11-2014, 09:50 PM

Just my opinion, but no painting it up to look all pretty, Seattle stinks for single men over 40, imo. Everywhere is tough these days, but for a larger city, Seattle should not be as arduous for single men on paper, but in reality, it is like trying to thread the eye of a needle with a camel, imo.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 04-11-2014 at 10:10 PM..

Old 04-12-2014, 09:00 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,901,966 times
Even if men outnumber women in Seattle, it's also said that a greater percentage of men than women are gay.

So if the ratio of men to women is 52 to 48 (to pick a random number), the ratio of hetero men to hetero women might actually be 51 to 49. Not as bad.

Old 04-12-2014, 08:39 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,362,151 times
Tips to getting women is universal:

1) Get in shape. Seriously. You should be able to curl 30 lb weights at 3 sets at 10 reps no big deal. 250 bench, 350+ squats, and do at least 5 pull ups. Get strong. Women everywhere from Seattle to New Zealand going east and south love men who are strong.

2) Getting strong will improve your self esteem and your attitude. You will get a little more aggressive, sure, but you're a man, not a welcome mat for jokes.

3) Before you whine about "how you don't have time" ... you do. Trust me, you do. You don't need to sit on your fat ass every day after work. 30-45 minutes in the gym every other day while walking during a lunch break or something for 30 minutes on the off days does wonders. That's like, the same time you sit and flip channels.

4) While getting in shape, start talking to women. And just be yourself. Done. Someone will like you.

Again, doesn't matter if you're in Seattle or Zimbabwe. Strong, athletic men are in demand everywhere. And judging from the skinny-ass hipsters in their grandmothers' sweaters I see walking around, you should be a girl magnet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area