Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 07:14 AM

305 posts, read 450,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrider434 View Post
Just my opinion, but it is pretty mechanical in Seattle, if one is more soulful, colorful, and less, the "intellectual" type, in general, imo. Charismatic personality types, seem to be well, not easy to find. More than anything else though, in my experience, the better looking women, professional types, who have nice figures, very feminine features and etc, that most men would like to date, seem to be, well, pretty snooty, to be blunt...lol. Just not a fun city to be a single guy in, if you don't fit the majority mold (nerdy, metro-sexual, over 6ft tall, thin and lanky, passive, geeky, liberal, model looks, introverted, advanced career, and etc) imo. Some transplants refer to Seattle as the city that is "all head and no heart". Just a brainy city, with emphasis on career, academic achievement, and ultra fit/granola, liberal lifestyles, somewhat. And if those things are not in order, you aint getting no dates, at least not with good looking ladies in Seattle. For some folks, Seattle is just not a good fit, for others, it is paradise I guess. There was a time when Seattle was a decent town, and one could actually make some connections.
One of the most apt descriptions I've ever heard.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:21 PM

731 posts, read 936,205 times
I used to be hard to approach in my heyday. Humor. Be witty, not stupid. That was the way to break the ice with me. I hated it when guys were just pushy and boring. Self deprecating humor goes a very long way around here (think British). If I had the choice between a gorgeous guy who was serious and a mediocre looking guy who was funny, funny would trump every time!

Old 04-19-2014, 10:22 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrider434 View Post
Just my opinion, but it is pretty mechanical in Seattle, if one is more soulful, colorful, and less, the "intellectual" type, in general, imo. Charismatic personality types, seem to be well, not easy to find. More than anything else though, in my experience, the better looking women, professional types, who have nice figures, very feminine features and etc, that most men would like to date, seem to be, well, pretty snooty, to be blunt...lol. Just not a fun city to be a single guy in, if you don't fit the majority mold (nerdy, metro-sexual, over 6ft tall, thin and lanky, passive, geeky, liberal, model looks, introverted, advanced career, and etc) imo. Some transplants refer to Seattle as the city that is "all head and no heart". Just a brainy city, with emphasis on career, academic achievement, and ultra fit/granola, liberal lifestyles, somewhat. And if those things are not in order, you aint getting no dates, at least not with good looking ladies in Seattle. For some folks, Seattle is just not a good fit, for others, it is paradise I guess. There was a time when Seattle was a decent town, and one could actually make some connections.
You've been talking to the wrong ladies. If you want flashy beauty, go to LA. Seattle is more laid back. It has plenty of heart if you know where to look. Clearly, you didn't.

Old 04-19-2014, 10:15 PM

617 posts, read 1,202,874 times
If Seattle is all head and no heart, then LA would be all skin, no head, and no heart. At least parts of it.

Old 04-20-2014, 05:18 AM

347 posts, read 669,792 times
I have no idea if this applies, seeing as I don't live in the area, but in my research I'm lead to believe the Seattle area has a larger than normal percentage of introverts. Extroverts often misread introverts as being cold and distant but that isn't necessarily the case. This could be a cause for a lot of the dating problems...it takes more time and patience to crack the shell of an introvert but they can be just as full of heart as anyone. Like I said, it might not apply...but it's something to think about.

Old 04-24-2014, 06:17 PM

73 posts, read 165,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
Who needs to date a woman who is that old?? Seriously, 40 is the new 20 for men.. Men have one advantage, they are not called cougars if they decide to chase after the younger gals.. Perhaps, your problem is you're chasing after women who are too old.. GO , find yourself, a nice 20 something.. I, personally, would not even want to date a woman who is over 30.. I like to stay active, fit and enjoy trying new things.. There is a lot of younger women who actually respect an older guy who has his stuff together, as they see many men their age just tend to be a bit dull, juvenile or inexperienced in life. There are some women who actually like a man for his wisdom and knowledge, which older tend to have more.

My 45 year old friend hooked up with this pretty 28 year old dancer in Puyallup. He has a real outgoing, friendly, easy-going social personality. Just don't behave like a grumpy old guy , but rather be fun, friendly, well-mannered older gentleman.
You do realize, don't you, that plenty - if not most - women over 30 "like to stay active, fit and enjoy trying new things." I don't think 40 is the new 20, nor would I want it to be, however, if it is, it is for both genders, not just men. I think it is cool that starrider wants to find a woman around his age, and shows he is looking for a long term connection and equal, not a short term play toy.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:17 AM

1,111 posts, read 2,333,503 times
In my experience, the further south you go in the USA, the better looking people get (or at least, the more effort they put into their appearance). You also have to factor in racial preferences as well, if you have them. Seattle is mostly northwest European and East Asian.

I am a straight female, but I'm secure enough with my womanhood to say that southern California hands down has the best looking women. Fake or not, they're significantly better looking than women anywhere in the PNW. I think part of it is because California is more diverse and has a higher percentage of mixed race people (a lot of the people you think are white are actually mixed with Mexican, so their facial features are more delicate) and partly because good looking people from around the country just flock there. Seattle is not typically the first place a pretty woman wants to live and be seen. Intelligent people flock to Seattle, though.

Nevertheless, women in Seattle are amongst the most physically fit and healthiest in the nation. You have to understand that the culture here promotes "au natural" beauty - no makeup, no tanning (and believe me, white people here are PALE), and it's discouraged to spend a lot of time doing your hair. For men who aren't used to this, these women can come across as average Janes. But the truth is, women in Seattle are simply what many women everywhere would look like if they never put effort into their appearance beyond working out. So you just have to figure out how natural you want your women to be.

That aside, I don't think Seattle is as bad for a single man as people complain about. I know short, unattractive men with bland personalities who have no problem getting women here. Granted, the women they get aren't beautiful, but at least they have something. Many single women here also complain about the men, so there you have it.

And just a side note: I wonder what some people's definition of "laid back" is. Is that a code word for "ugly"? Just because people here don't do all this fake crap to their bodies like in LA, does not qualify them as "laid back" IMO.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:33 AM

1,111 posts, read 2,333,503 times
Although the Eastside does have a lot of gorgeous women. I don't know how many of them are single, but I think a straight guy would like the Eastside for that.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:41 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,832,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingdoll1 View Post
You do realize, don't you, that plenty - if not most - women over 30 "like to stay active, fit and enjoy trying new things." I don't think 40 is the new 20, nor would I want it to be, however, if it is, it is for both genders, not just men. I think it is cool that starrider wants to find a woman around his age, and shows he is looking for a long term connection and equal, not a short term play toy.
Young pretty girls are better than chubby grumpy ones.. In general, the younger a girl is the more prettier and the less bitter and condescending she feels towards men from years of relationship failures and children she may be raising for the estranged exes. I am not blaming older women totally for their attitudes and can feel sympathy. But, it doesn't mean I want to deal with their drama.

And, just because a guy wants to be with a younger girl , doesn't mean he is looking for a piece of meat.. Many men feel more comfortable with younger ladies, especially if they are active and enjoy a more youthful lifestyle. E.g. they enjoy going to cultural events, hitting the gym, mountain hiking , music shows, etc things that older people in general (especially olden women) probably are not as interested in doing.

It could also be cultural, traditionally, in my culture, a man can be 10-15 years older than his wife, as there was feelings that younger men are inexperienced and will not make as devoted spouses.

There is plenty of young girls who get used sexually by a younger guy who impregnates her and runs away. Older guys generally are looking for more serious relationships.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:45 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,832,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
In my experience, the further south you go in the USA, the better looking people get (or at least, the more effort they put into their appearance). You also have to factor in racial preferences as well, if you have them. Seattle is mostly northwest European and East Asian.

I am a straight female, but I'm secure enough with my womanhood to say that southern California hands down has the best looking women. Fake or not, they're significantly better looking than women anywhere in the PNW. I think part of it is because California is more diverse and has a higher percentage of mixed race people (a lot of the people you think are white are actually mixed with Mexican, so their facial features are more delicate) and partly because good looking people from around the country just flock there. Seattle is not typically the first place a pretty woman wants to live and be seen. Intelligent people flock to Seattle, though.
IMO, Seattle women are genetically more beautiful than people in California, but ladies in California know how to look sexier, act sexier and if needed, go under the knife to achieve the perfected beauty. The same can be said for women in Latin American countries. They are not inherently overly attractive people. I'm not saying there isn't some very naturally attractive Latin American women, but as a whole. However, they are very skilled in use of cosmetics, dress and plastic surgery which gives them an ambiance of beauty that definitely will capitviate the male gender. However , IMO, the plain janes of Sweden still look more naturally physically attractive than the more gaudy, dressed up and plastic-like type of women you would see in California or like in Latin countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
Nevertheless, women in Seattle are amongst the most physically fit and healthiest in the nation. You have to understand that the culture here promotes "au natural" beauty - no makeup, no tanning (and believe me, white people here are PALE), and it's discouraged to spend a lot of time doing your hair.
They are all tall and have beautiful voluptuous bodies and are in decent shape.. Thankfully, this makes up for their sloppy attire and the fact they don't make themselves up so well like women in the South, Eastern Europe or Latin countries would do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area