Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How much do Eastside suburbs blow?
They REALLY suck a lot. 1 25.00%
Eastside gives me hives. 1 25.00%
All I can smell in Bellevue is Drakkar Noir. 1 25.00%
Its totally like Road Warrior over there, except with Beemers & Lululemon. 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 03:11 PM

314 posts, read 460,133 times

Advertisements

Seattleites, how much do the 'burbs suck?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 03:41 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,973,761 times
Oh, jeez.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:05 PM

8,736 posts, read 8,671,426 times
Why is it that those of us on the Eastside don't feel all this animosity and ill-will toward Seattle? Maybe because a lot of us work in Seattle, some of us even play for some of the local lauded sport teams.... we enjoy Seattle entertainment and consider ourselves to be from Seattle (you only aim for precision when you meet someone who's familiar with the region).

Maybe I should also be insular and start a poll just for the 'burbs, you know, because we are soooo very different from each other, like we are from Seattle. Yeah, cause you know, something magical happens on those bridges to and from work each day.... it's like, oh, you're in Mercer Island now: POOF! You are one of THEM!!! Oh, now you're in Bellevue.... THE HORROR! Sammamish... Issaquah... WATCH OUT FOR THOSE TREES!

Like seriously?

Old 07-11-2014, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATCAT View Post
Oh, jeez.
Obviously, its tongue firmly in cheek.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
Why is it that those of us on the Eastside don't feel all this animosity and ill-will toward Seattle? Maybe because a lot of us work in Seattle, some of us even play for some of the local lauded sport teams.... we enjoy Seattle entertainment and consider ourselves to be from Seattle (you only aim for precision when you meet someone who's familiar with the region).

Maybe I should also be insular and start a poll just for the 'burbs, you know, because we are soooo very different from each other, like we are from Seattle. Yeah, cause you know, something magical happens on those bridges to and from work each day.... it's like, oh, you're in Mercer Island now: POOF! You are one of THEM!!! Oh, now you're in Bellevue.... THE HORROR! Sammamish... Issaquah... WATCH OUT FOR THOSE TREES!

Like seriously?
Somebody needs to unclench their buttocks and take a chill pill. Its clearly a joke.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:05 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,590,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post

Like seriously?

Yeah Easttsiders have less than flattering opinions about Seattle. Maybe not the entire East Side, but where I lived in Bellevue, most definitely

Old 07-11-2014, 06:17 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,206,701 times
With 46 views and no votes, I suspect that the joke fell flat.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
With 46 views and no votes, I suspect that the joke fell flat.
Clearly. I was also curious as to who would blow a gasket. I wasn't disappointed.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:09 PM

337 posts, read 494,937 times
As soon as I moved to Seattle and I told a few people that I came over from Bellevue, their responses ranged from "I never go over there because people are snooty" to "I just don't like it that much". I never really hear it the other way around. When I lived in Bellevue I didn't look down on Seattle nor know of anyone whom did. The two really aren't that far apart, to do so would be stupid.

Old 07-11-2014, 08:30 PM

347 posts, read 669,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlueInSeattle View Post
Somebody needs to unclench their buttocks and take a chill pill. Its clearly a joke.
You seem like the type who made life horrible for unpopular people in highschool and brushed it all off saying it was only a joke.

Either that or you're one of those people who lack the ability to properly express sarcasm but insist on trying it anyway.

Last edited by kyled; 07-11-2014 at 09:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area