Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 01:50 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,526,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarch View Post
You can't be going to pieces every time your nefarious plans to harbor unlicensed pets are uncovered.
Thanks for the giggle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 05:19 PM

1,454 posts, read 1,944,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post
Hey, RVD up there lives in Komifornia, where you must license everything. No suprise that RVD is totally for it, and accuses me of yelling at the lady and slamming the door in her face. Clearly RVD has all the facts and knows everything since RVD was apparently there. Let's all have RVD tell us exactly what happened. Apparently I lied about the lady asking for the previous owner by name. Nope, the previous owner had no pet at alllll, even though I have stated otherwise. RVD thinks someone called in a complaint. If RVD says it, it must be true. He or she must have been there since RVD seems to think they know so much. Tell us how it went down RVD. You are afterall from the state where politicians are doing so much good for the country.
I'm pretty sure other people on this thread called BS about what was said- not just RVD. So stop acting like a highschooler and state your complaints and take the criticism (or don't post on a public forum) and refrain from being rude to particular posters. i know i'll get flamed for this- but you seem to have a thing against Californians. They aren't all bad you know? I think what people are questioning is the fact that YOU say there was no complaint. I'm assuming you've never held a management position because as all of us with management experience would know- you don't usually rat out the accuser. You make a justification for calling someone out (i.e. - checking on a previous owner's license) Does that not even occur to anyone? I think RVD is a valuable poser on this forum and am disheartened by folks that want to be rude simply because the opinion is not what they want to hear. Grow up.

Old 09-17-2014, 05:37 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,077,437 times
Apparently there's only a fine line between coming to ones door to check on a expired pet license and dragging away a political dissident and imprisoning them without trial. Easy to confuse the two.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:28 PM

293 posts, read 317,161 times
The guberment is out to get me from called in complaints and expired licenses.

LOOK THE DOORS AND GRAB YOUR GUNS!

THEY ARE AFTER MUH FREEDUMZ!

Old 09-18-2014, 12:33 PM

293 posts, read 317,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelenogirl View Post
Oh man! OP must have edited the post, I swear...

I need to come to a harsh and rash conclusion and blame OP for misleading me and trying to covertly take away my civil liberties. OP is clearly in cahoots with Obama in an overarching plan to bait and switch troll posts on city-data!

DAMN LIBERAL COMMUNITES!

Old 09-18-2014, 12:34 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,923,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjthejetplane View Post
The guberment is out to get me from called in complaints and expired licenses. LOOK THE DOORS AND GRAB YOUR GUNS! THEY ARE AFTER MUH FREEDUMZ!
And don't fergit:
"Hide yer wives!"
"Hide yer husbands"

Old 09-18-2014, 01:04 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,896,331 times
I'm not happy with dog laws myself, but I would far prefer to abide by them than to lose my dog.

When I lived in San Jose, I owned a Doberman at a time when Dobermans killed and ate kids for main meals and Beagles for dessert. I obedience trained him and also trained in Schutzen clubs, which includes bite training. I had my dog tattooed (chips weren't invented yet), licensed, and tagged. I also kept his obedience degrees ready to hand along with a rabies certificate from the vet. One day some children went by the my fenced front yard and started to tease him. He woofed at them. I took him inside (he was only outside when I was home). Twenty minutes later I have an animal control officer at my gate. Some kid had gone home, told her mother my dog tried to attack her, and mom called Animal Control. Because the animal control person was sensible, my gate was locked, and I had all the paperwork including his license and rabies certificate, she did not take my dog. It didn't hurt that she was able to reach over the gate and scratch my dog's ears, because I was standing right there and I knew my dog knew it (and he loved getting his ears scratched). I told her what actually happened and she went down to tell the mother and warn the kids not to tease strange dogs. And that's the last I heard of it.

But it was reminder to me that anything can happen and if you want to put yourself on the right side of the law when it comes to your animals, you better have all your Ts crossed and your Is dotted when it comes to their requirements.

Old 09-18-2014, 01:18 PM

1,314 posts, read 2,055,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjthejetplane View Post
Oh man! OP must have edited the post, I swear...

I need to come to a harsh and rash conclusion and blame OP for misleading me and trying to covertly take away my civil liberties. OP is clearly in cahoots with Obama in an overarching plan to bait and switch troll posts on city-data!

DAMN LIBERAL COMMUNITES!
May I suggest decaf?

Old 09-18-2014, 04:54 PM

2,064 posts, read 4,435,743 times
I am not in favor of a police state or big government or communism, etc.

But it's just common sense that if you act guilty, you will be treated as such. If an incident happens so a cop starts questioning people in the crowd and notices that a guy is in the crowd, sees the cop, and then immediately starts running as fast as he can in the opposite direction, the cop is going to chase that guy.

You may not respect or like pet licensing people but the person came to your door for a valid reason. While at your door, the person noticed a pet in the back and started asking questions. You were not cooperative because you felt that you don't owe anyone an explanation nor do you need to continue this conversation and you made that clear. You did not behave with respect so of course the person took offense. As a result, you will have a hard time...

Be nice to everyone and you will not encounter these types of problems. I never encounter problems with cops, neighbors, etc. because I'm always nice. Of course if the other party breaks the law, etc. then I will call them on it and get it taken care of so that I am not taken advantage of but even in those situations I'm relatively pleasant and professional about it.

One exception: If you get a couple of mormon missionaries at your door and they tell you that you have to write a letter, etc....then just do what bubba the love sponge did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNwPlXNyWEg

RVD.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:46 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,077,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD90277 View Post
I am not in favor of a police state or big government or communism, etc.
No, dude, you don't know what you're talking about. History man, HISTORY. You know who else went door to door? THE NAZIS! Yes, none other than HITLER himself! It started with pet licenses, then they came for the guns, then they were hauling people off never to be heard from again! All within MONTHS of the first knock. This is serious sh*t.

Any you pinko bleeding heart liberals welcome it every step of the way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area