Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 01:57 AM

70 posts, read 178,176 times

Advertisements

Hey Guys me and a couple of friends are coming to Seattle this weekend from NYC, we'll be staying in a hotel downtown wanted to know of some good bars or lounges to meet some ladies..I'm not trying find something comparable to NYC just a good place with good drinks and singles scene
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 03:41 PM

8,072 posts, read 8,370,078 times
Here's pretty decent rundown:

Seattle Washington Nightlife - Best Bars & Clubs in Seattle

Old 11-06-2014, 04:22 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,481,901 times
Walk along 2nd Ave in downtown from Virginia to Bell St. There are a lot of good restaurants, bars, cafes and galleries in that area.

Old 11-06-2014, 04:38 PM

116 posts, read 222,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexSteel View Post
Hey Guys me and a couple of friends are coming to Seattle this weekend from NYC, we'll be staying in a hotel downtown wanted to know of some good bars or lounges to meet some ladies..I'm not trying find something comparable to NYC just a good place with good drinks and singles scene
I'd recommend a few different areas. Where are you staying? Downtown proper is generally pretty mellow and not the best for nightlife so I'd recommend seeking out these areas instead:

- Capitol Hill has plenty of fun bars and clubs. Definitely go there first. There are several main drags, but I'd begin by checking out the area around Pike between Broadway and 12th. There will be a lot of ladies out on a Friday or Saturday night. Check out The Comet, The Rhino Room, Big Mario's, Unicorn, Havana, Grim's, Sam's Tavern, Capitol Cider, 95 Slide, Canon, Von Trapps, or whatever else looks good to you.(Quinn's is a great spot in that area to hit for dinner before you go to the bars - great food and beer.)

- Belltown has decent spots as well for what you're looking for. Most of the places are along 1st and 2nd Avenues. Try Belltown Pub, Buckley's, Shorty's, Sarajevo Lounge, Rabbit Hole, Bathtub Gin, Spur, Some Random Bar, and plenty of others.

- It's a trek (6 miles from Downtown) but Old Ballard has a ton of nightlife as well. Most of it is on Ballard Ave. (a very bar dense street) but there are also places on Market, Leary, 24th, and other side streets. Try King's, Matador, Percy's, People's Pub, the Smoke Shop, Lock and Keel, Noble Fir, Kangaroo & Kiwi, Market Arms, Bal-Mar, Hattie's Hat.

Fremont also has a bunch of places worth checking out and is popular with people in their early 20s.

Pioneer Square is up and coming with plenty of bars and a few clubs, but it's pretty quiet unless there's a Seahawks or Sounders game. If you're around Sunday Afternoon, I'd recommend checking it out at around noon just before the Seahawks Game as places will be packed. You might enjoy Cowgirls, Fuel, and the Box House.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions.

Old 11-06-2014, 04:54 PM

70 posts, read 178,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanObservor View Post
I'd recommend a few different areas. Where are you staying? Downtown proper is generally pretty mellow and not the best for nightlife so I'd recommend seeking out these areas instead:

- Capitol Hill has plenty of fun bars and clubs. Definitely go there first. There are several main drags, but I'd begin by checking out the area around Pike between Broadway and 12th. There will be a lot of ladies out on a Friday or Saturday night. Check out The Comet, The Rhino Room, Big Mario's, Unicorn, Havana, Grim's, Sam's Tavern, Capitol Cider, 95 Slide, Canon, Von Trapps, or whatever else looks good to you.(Quinn's is a great spot in that area to hit for dinner before you go to the bars - great food and beer.)

- Belltown has decent spots as well for what you're looking for. Most of the places are along 1st and 2nd Avenues. Try Belltown Pub, Buckley's, Shorty's, Sarajevo Lounge, Rabbit Hole, Bathtub Gin, Spur, Some Random Bar, and plenty of others.

- It's a trek (6 miles from Downtown) but Old Ballard has a ton of nightlife as well. Most of it is on Ballard Ave. (a very bar dense street) but there are also places on Market, Leary, 24th, and other side streets. Try King's, Matador, Percy's, People's Pub, the Smoke Shop, Lock and Keel, Noble Fir, Kangaroo & Kiwi, Market Arms, Bal-Mar, Hattie's Hat.

Fremont also has a bunch of places worth checking out and is popular with people in their early 20s.

Pioneer Square is up and coming with plenty of bars and a few clubs, but it's pretty quiet unless there's a Seahawks or Sounders game. If you're around Sunday Afternoon, I'd recommend checking it out at around noon just before the Seahawks Game as places will be packed. You might enjoy Cowgirls, Fuel, and the Box House.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks a lot Urbanobserver were staying at the marriott downtown

Old 11-06-2014, 05:39 PM

116 posts, read 222,592 times
Quote:
Thanks a lot Urbanobserver were staying at the marriott downtown
Cool - I'd say take a cab your first night to Pike between Broadway and 12th (they're building a subway station right near there but it's not open until 2016). It's a pretty short ride. And I definitely recommend eating at Quinns before going to the bars if you're looking for a place for dinner.

Old 11-06-2014, 05:58 PM

37 posts, read 71,261 times
Quote:
Definitely capital hill. Rhino room, grims, barca, moe bar, etc are all good spots pretty close to each other too. there are other good places in that area as well

Old 11-06-2014, 06:01 PM

187 posts, read 576,895 times
Quote:
These are some of the better hot-spot neighborhoods:

Capitol Hill - Young & hipster/gay district, hot spot is Pike and 10th area. Lots of bars, music venues, restaurants, etc. Depending on where your hotel is DT, you could walk to Capitol Hill in about 15 minutes. Otherwise, should be no more than an $8 cab ride.

Ballard - All along Ballard Ave. About a $12 cab ride from DT. Just tell the cabbie you want to go to Ballard and to drop you off on Market and Ballard Ave. Then just crawl down Ballard Ave from there. TONS of bars, cafes, restaurants, several music venues, etc.

Belltown - along 1st and 2nd Ave (Lava Lounge, Shorty's, and Rob Roy are my favorites.) Again, depending on where you're staing DT, should be a short walk. Cheap cab ride.

Fremont - College/hippie-ish, all along 36th St. Several music venues, lots of bars, restaurants, cafes, etc. Cab should cost about $12.

Pickup or read online "The Stranger" - great Alt Newspaper/weekly with all the event listings and happenings.

PM me if you want some more details on any of the neighborhoods or my own personal recs.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:09 PM

1,979 posts, read 3,526,906 times
Great suggestions above!

Old 11-06-2014, 10:14 PM

737 posts, read 1,462,655 times
Wow, 8 replies and not one negative post?! I am not even a big bar/club person and I am taking notes. Great info everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area