Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2015, 02:57 PM

486 posts, read 842,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyDawg View Post
Not sick of Seahawks, ever. Sick of people who move here and complain about the Seahawks. Go to whatever bar shows your team's games, and deal with it. Or move back to the city where you came from and be with Bears/Packers/Cowboys/whoever you are, faithful.
I can't follow your advice....

I am in the place I came from...even though I left in 1980 in 7th grade.

I was a Seahawks fan then, but 7 years in Oklahoma for JH/HS, and then 20 years in the Navy.

I love sports and follow sports. Even have a Masters Degree in Sports Administration, even though I don't work in sports.

What I dislike is the bandwagon fans who have suddenly come out of the woodwork. I mean follow your team thru thick and thin. Heck, I was always ridiculed when the Cowboys were 1-15 in the late 80's. I just said, "wait and see". Sure enough the Cowboys were the team of the 90's.

Stick with your team!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 03:04 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxkicker View Post

I was a Seahawks fan then, but 7 years in Oklahoma for JH/HS, and then 20 years in the Navy.

I love sports and follow sports. Even have a Masters Degree in Sports Administration, even though I don't work in sports.

What I dislike is the bandwagon fans who have suddenly come out of the woodwork. I mean follow your team thru thick and thin. Heck, I was always ridiculed when the Cowboys were 1-15 in the late 80's. I just said, "wait and see". Sure enough the Cowboys were the team of the 90's.

Stick with your team!
I'm confused. Your message seems to be "stick with your team" even though you didn't?

Honestly, I don't care who you support. Because we grew up in Denver, the Broncos vs. the Seahawks is always a colorful discussion. But complaining because Seattle is loving their Seahawks? Truly ridiculous.

Old 01-20-2015, 03:29 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,472,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Well said and any most other cities would feel the same way.
Thats every city where you get a lot of transplants. I hate fans who move to a city a trash the cities sports teams and think their teams are the best, they usually don't last long and move away because nobody wants to be friends with them. Good luck to your Seahawks in the Super Bowl.

Old 01-20-2015, 04:36 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,345,532 times
Quote:

Stick with your team!
Uh oh. I guess you'd have to call me a bandwagon fan. But really, I've never been a huge football fan. I played a little as a kid, and watched a little as a kid, but I've always been much more into baseball, and have been a loyal mariners fan, despite how awful they usually are. I've been to a total of two Seahawks game. One was Jim Zorn was the quarterback and one was Matt Hasselbeck. Typically, I'll watch one or two Seahawk games per year. The last two years have been different. I'm watching most Seahawk games. I don't have my Richard Sherman jersey or a 12 flag, but I've enjoyed this team.
Still, I'm a long suffering Mariner's fan, and will continue to go to a few games per year and watch many more.

Old 01-20-2015, 04:37 PM

Yea, as a 12 year old...I was a Seahawks fan..but did I really know anything about being a true fan?

If you think 12 year olds don't move teams..you are sadly mistaken.

But a 20 year old, 50 year old or whatever you should know who your team is.....not the one who everyone else likes just because they are winning...

Wait till the Seahawks start to lose or whatever and watch things go back to normal around here. It cyclical and it will happen.

Old 01-20-2015, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
Uh oh. I guess you'd have to call me a bandwagon fan. But really, I've never been a huge football fan. I played a little as a kid, and watched a little as a kid, but I've always been much more into baseball, and have been a loyal mariners fan, despite how awful they usually are. I've been to a total of two Seahawks game. One was Jim Zorn was the quarterback and one was Matt Hasselbeck. Typically, I'll watch one or two Seahawk games per year. The last two years have been different. I'm watching most Seahawk games. I don't have my Richard Sherman jersey or a 12 flag, but I've enjoyed this team.
Still, I'm a long suffering Mariner's fan, and will continue to go to a few games per year and watch many more.
I hear ya, Ira....

Baseball is my favorite sport and I have always been a Mariners fan. I went to the very first game at the Kingdome back in 1976 as a 7 year old kid.

I can't say I don't enjoy watching the Hawks, but I don't go overboard and have no jersey, not flag, but when you are around the local team, its tough not to follow. My jerseys, shirts and hat are Dallas Cowboys!

I speak no ill will of the Hawks, and they have some great players, but most of all people who are respected.

Old 01-20-2015, 05:05 PM

918 posts, read 1,697,861 times
I'm a die-hard Colts fan transplant from Indy.

When I first moved here, Seahawks quickly became my second favorite team. And I was pretty excited when they got Pete Carroll and Marshawn Lynch.

However, since around 2013 the bandgwagon of 12th dooshes has effectively ruined it.

Not to take anything away from the franchise - they've got great players and coaches and they deserve all the accolades they've gotten - and I certainly am very happy for the few friends and acquaintances I know that have been die-hard Hawk fans prior to 2012 (yes, there are some!)

I guess I'm just not fond of the clueless crowd who two years ago didn't even know what a first down was (probably a lot still don't) and are now suddenly biggest fans in the world decked out in their brand new shiny jerseys and doing their stupid "Seeeee-Hawks" chant. And what's worse is many of those are actually good friends of mine! Like someone else said - it's easy to become a fan when your team is winning. I'm sure it isn't unique to Seattle or any other places but that doesn't make it any less annoying.

Oh and now they gotta play the Belicheat and Deflatriots in the Super Bowl ? Perfect. I wonder if there's a way both teams can lose..
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone else sick of Seahawks mania?-homer-sea.jpg  

Old 01-20-2015, 05:37 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,130,809 times
Quote:
Wait till the Seahawks start to lose or whatever and watch things go back to normal around here. It cyclical and it will happen.
and still the stadium will always be sold out as it was in 2011, 2010, 2009... Other people will not stop watching their games on TV or listening to interviews. True fans follow their team no matter what.

Old 01-20-2015, 05:55 PM

1,376 posts, read 1,313,583 times
In a weird way I think having a load of fair-weather fans can sometimes help a franchise. When fans leave when teams get bad and the teams see a loss in attendance and revenue, there's a real motivation for owners to rebuild the franchise and turn things around(especially in competitive markets).

On the other hand in Canada we've got a lot of hockey fans--and people stick around every year through thick or thin for most NHL teams. Games get sold out in really small markets year after year with expensive tickets, and teams like Toronto don't even have to try to make money(they're actually the most valuable NHL franchise). Yet they're a disappointment year after year--people have claimed that the owners are happy to count their money instead of making real changes that might benefit the team. As well though there's such a die-hard vocal fanbase for some teams that teams try to make decisions for short term success(you've got to make the playoffs this year) instead of building for the long haul.

See also the New York Knicks.

Last edited by CanuckInPortland; 01-20-2015 at 06:29 PM..

Old 01-20-2015, 06:29 PM

1,314 posts, read 2,055,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
I love the Mariners, too, Ira. We always go to a few games every season and find it very exciting, even if they lose. We've developed a lot of hometown pride, and sports are just one component of that. My husband is a huge Sounders fan, but I think that was true before we moved here.

As for Seahawks, I grew up without a football team in L.A., and never had much exposure. It is easy to get caught up in the surge right now. But you know what? They play well, the games are exciting, and it's really just fun to be a fan if you're new to town or to football. If that angers people, then those folks possibly need some Xanax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area