Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2015, 11:41 AM

54 posts, read 59,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by opossum_ View Post
Enough spreading your hateful misogyny by posting such threads, it's not their fault you hate women and your life is a failure. What else bothers you? Shades of persons' skin? Need a thread on this and a rating scale, bigots?
So, men who complain about the dating scene here are misogynists, as well as racists?

Old 08-16-2015, 12:48 PM

617 posts, read 1,202,727 times
It's time for us men to start appreciating women and stop asking for their numbers, inviting them to coffee, events, etc. And also, stating that you're disappointed when they don't reciprocate is hate speech. How dare us! It's time for the Government to step in and set up some serious regulations to curb this widespread hate problem.

Old 08-16-2015, 01:51 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Just my opinion, fun post though...try being a single guy over 40 in Seattle. Better to rake one's teeth on a cinder block. Seattle downright stinks for single men imo. I have found women to be flaky, fickle, boorish, aloof, and downright pompous in western WA. Yea, the Midwest has to be better, or anywhere for that matter, at least in regard to dating. Just my opinion.
And in the meantime, all the nice, devoted, dependable, polite and modest, down-to-earth women at 40+ (or any age) never get approached. Go figure. I guess because they're not "9's" ?

Old 08-16-2015, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Just my opinion, fun post though...try being a single guy over 40 in Seattle. Better to rake one's teeth on a cinder block. Seattle downright stinks for single men imo. I have found women to be flaky, fickle, boorish, aloof, and downright pompous in western WA. Yea, the Midwest has to be better, or anywhere for that matter, at least in regard to dating. Just my opinion.
And yet, all the guys in the MidWest posting on the Relationships forum say that women there marry young, by the time they're in their 30's they're divorced with multiple kids, and tend to be fat at any age.

So, whatever. Take your pick.

Old 08-16-2015, 05:38 PM

348 posts, read 372,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treuphax View Post
Bring my A game?

I'm not surprised. Based on the demographics, the ladies are scarce and can afford to be very demanding. Besides being a lady, what do the darlings in Seattle offer? They sure aren't bringing their A game. I guess they just don't have to put in the same kind of effort that guys need to make. I've been impressed about how well dressed and fit the men in this city are. Let the fellows preen themselves and do their best mating dance, the ladies have plenty of options to choose.

I'm glad you're doing so well with your dating. My experience is quite different. Acquaintances can't believe that I'm still single after being here about a year and a half. They tell me I can be charming and that I'm in good shape and present well. That may be, but the competition is fierce. I just encounter age appropriate single women so seldom, I hardly ever get a chance to practice my charms so when a rare opportunity does present itself I can't help being rusty and awkward about it.

If you have zero problems "meeting and dating attractive and available women," perhaps you wouldn't mind sharing something about how and where you find and identify your candidates? I feel like a fisherman who's been baiting his hook and dropping a line in the same place for the past 18 months with not much of a nibble. I'm thinking it might be best to reel it in and try fishing elsewhere.
If you have trouble meeting available women who put in the effort, for some reason(s) you're targeting totally the wrong women.

The past few years at least 50% of the women I dated are from online (OKCupid and Match). The others I met just out-n-about doing things - neighborhood, work, biking, hiking.

Old 08-16-2015, 06:30 PM

517 posts, read 1,052,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
And in the meantime, all the nice, devoted, dependable, polite and modest, down-to-earth women at 40+ (or any age) never get approached. Go figure. I guess because they're not "9's" ?

That is funny, I am 55, if my wife were to up and die,(not likely) I wouldn't even consider a woman under 50. Just too much drama with women that can still reproduce.

Probably wouldn't look for a woman at all. Unless I tripped over her and she was interesting. Like she liked sailing, flying, walking, (Getting to old for hiking the knees complain when I climb too much.)

Most want to watch TV and/or go dancing. Sounds boring.

Old 08-16-2015, 07:53 PM

366 posts, read 596,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandCityGirl View Post
So your rebuttal is exactly what I warned against in the previous post: a sensationalist "news" site (a Gawker sci-fi blog site? Really?) that claims to be telling some kind of truth. Show me the evidence (not that I'm making any claims one way or the other to the subject matter of that link). I prefer to remove the opinions and slants and analyze the data for myself. I brought you scientific journals to read through for yourself.
Ugh, shifting the goalposts again... fine, I'll indulge you, here's the very report itself, hosted on the NY Times, if that doesn't work then I don't know what does. Of course you could have just read the article and found the link yourself.

Old 08-17-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qazulight View Post
That is funny, I am 55, if my wife were to up and die,(not likely) I wouldn't even consider a woman under 50. Just too much drama with women that can still reproduce.

Probably wouldn't look for a woman at all. Unless I tripped over her and she was interesting. Like she liked sailing, flying, walking, (Getting to old for hiking the knees complain when I climb too much.)

Most want to watch TV and/or go dancing. Sounds boring.
This is what I keep posting on the Relationships forum; most guys in the 40+ range prefer someone close to their age, with some similar interests, or related professional experience.

I like sailing, canoeing, walking. Travel/work in off-the-beaten-track countries and cultures, etc.
Oh... but I don't live in Seattle. Oh well.

Old 08-17-2015, 02:17 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,442,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daily_mist View Post
So, men who complain about the dating scene here are misogynists, as well as racists?
You didn't mention failures at life too, don't forget that.

Old 08-17-2015, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisausernameisitnot View Post
No, this is what he's talking about. There is this insistent obsession with the idea that men are all out to objectify and are "entitled" or some other nonsense which has nothing to do with being a human and really is best described the the word "solipsistic," or willfully ignorant, not trying to understand another's point of view, narrow-minded, putting words in their mouth, etc. etc. etc.
Putting words in their mouth? You mean, like quoting stuff they said?

Look, the guy hung himself, no one had to do it for him. I've never run into that "entitlement" thing, except on C-D, so it's not something that's on my mind at all. If the OP phrased his point poorly, he should work on better articulating his thoughts. But his subsequent posts seem to point toward the fact that the said what he meant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area