Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 11:43 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,899,572 times

Advertisements

Yes, there will be about 4 days on average during a Seattle summer that will be cloudy and cool, meaning 60's.

But you will find most days in the 70's and 80's from now till mid-September, and if lucky, into early October.

However, mark my words...the rains come in almost like clockwork in mid to late October. This is usually very dependable, but climate change may make this less dependable. Watch the calender!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 12:23 AM

9,618 posts, read 27,358,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelenogirl View Post
I love drizzle. I hate lima beans, though. Gross. We all have our stuff.
We are twins, angelenogirl. Lima beans are disgusting. But drizzle is soothing and nice.

Old 06-13-2015, 10:12 AM

8,174 posts, read 8,317,242 times
Ira, expand your mind, you are better than that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnfBkZY-isw

Old 06-13-2015, 04:06 PM

7,027 posts, read 4,906,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustinginSeattle View Post
You guys are a bunch of weenies! (Not you shaxs - baby is different). I've been in heaven with this weather!!! In fact, today, i wore a sweatshirt and turned on the gas fireplace this morning to warm up.
I had a friend that came from Redlands, CA. She wasn't happy unless the temps were over 100. On the other hand, I slept with no heat on when the temps were in the teens. My winter heating bill didn't go over $60/mo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post

However, mark my words...the rains come in almost like clockwork in mid to late October. This is usually very dependable, but climate change may make this less dependable. Watch the calender!
In California, the winter rains could be depended on to start the night of Halloween, the one night everyone wanted it to be clear.

Old 06-13-2015, 04:41 PM

520 posts, read 532,825 times
I've come to the realization that I really just don't like the sun. I keep wishing for the last week that it would be covered up by some clouds atleast part of the day. Seriously :-P I cant wait till we get back to a more normal Seattle pattern

Old 06-13-2015, 04:44 PM

1,314 posts, read 2,056,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira500 View Post
We are twins, angelenogirl. Lima beans are disgusting. But drizzle is soothing and nice.
I knew it!

Old 06-13-2015, 04:46 PM

1,314 posts, read 2,056,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meyers View Post
I've come to the realization that I really just don't like the sun. I keep wishing for the last week that it would be covered up by some clouds atleast part of the day. Seriously :-P I cant wait till we get back to a more normal Seattle pattern
I hate the sun. I'd punch it right in its stupid face if I could, and I'm not even a violent person. And also it doesn't have a face so I don't feel so bad saying that.

Old 06-13-2015, 05:16 PM

520 posts, read 532,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelenogirl View Post
I hate the sun. I'd punch it right in its stupid face if I could, and I'm not even a violent person. And also it doesn't have a face so I don't feel so bad saying that.
LOL that is so how I feel at this exact moment. Afternoons and evenings on sunny days are the worst here. You start to feel the heat.

Old 06-13-2015, 05:25 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,358,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Ira, expand your mind, you are better than that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnfBkZY-isw
The onions and garlic sautéed in butter looked great. Then they had to go and ruin it by adding lima beans.

Old 06-14-2015, 10:01 PM

710 posts, read 1,398,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
why do you like drizzle so much? It's so bad. Cloudy day with no drizzle is much nicer.
I agree, cloudy is better than drizzle and that seems to happen more often. However, I don't mind drizzle. I'm neutral on it really. Clouds and drizzle just seem like the norm when they are happening and I barely notice ha. It's when a sun break happens that I really realise it's been cloudy until then! ;P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area