Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 08:29 PM

129 posts, read 150,753 times

Advertisements

What utter morons. This man is their biggest ally and they treat him like this? All they did was make the themselves and city progressives look bad.

Protesters shut down Bernie Sanders rally | TheHill

Protesters who claimed affiliation with the Black Lives Matter movement stormed the stage during a rally for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in Seattle on Saturday, taking over the microphone and forcing Sanders to leave without ever speaking.

Moments after Sanders took the stage at Westlake Park, two women and one man climbed the stage and confronted the Democratic presidential candidate, demanding a chance to speak.

After several moments of confusion and confrontation, an event organizer took the microphone and said the protesters would be allowed to speak before Sanders. Some in the crowd booed.

One protester, who identified herself as Marissa Johnson, began by saying, “I was going to tell Bernie how racist this city is — with all of its progressives — but you’ve already done that for me. Thank you.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 08:36 PM

366 posts, read 596,331 times
The entire incident is a validation of why I gave up on liberalism. All I can do is laugh at the total absurdity.

Old 08-09-2015, 08:39 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,832,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxan View Post
What utter morons. This man is their biggest ally and they treat him like this? All they did was make the themselves and city progressives look bad.

Protesters shut down Bernie Sanders rally | TheHill

Protesters who claimed affiliation with the Black Lives Matter movement stormed the stage during a rally for Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in Seattle on Saturday, taking over the microphone and forcing Sanders to leave without ever speaking.

Moments after Sanders took the stage at Westlake Park, two women and one man climbed the stage and confronted the Democratic presidential candidate, demanding a chance to speak.

After several moments of confusion and confrontation, an event organizer took the microphone and said the protesters would be allowed to speak before Sanders. Some in the crowd booed.

One protester, who identified herself as Marissa Johnson, began by saying, “I was going to tell Bernie how racist this city is — with all of its progressives — but you’ve already done that for me. Thank you.”

I have to agree with you. All I have to say is the Democrats pretty much have given birth to these radical elements among themselves.

The Black Lives Matter party has pretty much proven by its name its a racist party. After all, why do they focus so much on "Black Lives" and not the lives of all people. What about white people murdered by black criminals? Of course, I know the party line, "Whitey is racist, Blacks are innocent victims, just like the poor little boy Michael Brown". All he wanted was some cigars and "Whitey" Murdered him for that. Shame on whitey and his evil police.

I actually want to support the Black Lives Matter people in the movement to remove all police from crime infested slums where they claim the police are too racist. I say let them handle their mess themselves and if any of them come and wreck havoc on the surrounding neighborhoods where the police are not considered "as racist", to deal with them there.

Anyway, if this scummy woman probably thinks any city that won't worship her and her ego is racist. Liberals come in all flavors. THere are the bleeding-heart, abuse me type of liberals and there are the liberals who think all white and Jewish people are racist types and that the man is keeping them down and promote anarchy and wide-spread chaos as a means of satisfying all their demands. This is essentially what the Black Panthers aimed at doing, to fight the man. I always loved how they championed their gun bearing rights while passing out Chairman Mao's book which promoted a society that was totally incarcerated and subjugated to the some of the worst human rights violations in modern history.

Old 08-09-2015, 08:42 PM

8,171 posts, read 8,304,797 times
I have read a couple places that Hillary is perceiving Bernie to be a real threat and is invisibly encouraging this line of attack to blunt his momentum.

Old 08-09-2015, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
The Black Lives Matter party has pretty much proven by its name its a racist party. After all, why do they focus so much on "Black Lives" and not the lives of all people. What about white people murdered by black criminals? Of course, I know the party line, "Whitey is racist, Blacks are innocent victims, just like the poor little boy Michael Brown". All he wanted was some cigars and "Whitey" Murdered him for that. Shame on whitey and his evil police.
The idea of holding four minutes of silence for a robber and attempted murderer is just ridiculous. I'm glad I wasn't there because I would have had a hard time observing that.

Old 08-09-2015, 08:58 PM

9,618 posts, read 27,345,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
I have read a couple places that Hillary is perceiving Bernie to be a real threat and is invisibly encouraging this line of attack to blunt his momentum.
I've read that too, but I just don't see how it made Sanders look bad. It certainly made the Black Lives Matter people look bad, but it got Bernie Sanders attention in the mainstream media, which has been lacking.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:00 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,481,901 times
Doesn't this belong in the politics section?

Old 08-09-2015, 09:14 PM

129 posts, read 150,753 times
Because this happened in Seattle. Two obnoxious black women jumped the stage of a Presidential candidate and threatened him, a 74-year-old man, if he didn't let them speak. Is Seattle trying to one-up Berkeley in the wingnut category? Because it's doing a good job.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:55 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,937,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxan View Post
Because this happened in Seattle. Two obnoxious black women jumped the stage of a Presidential candidate and threatened him, a 74-year-old man, if he didn't let them speak. Is Seattle trying to one-up Berkeley in the wingnut category? Because it's doing a good job.
Hmmm. You felt the Need to qualify the women's race.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
Hmmm. You felt the Need to qualify the women's race.
Of course it mattered, they were Black Lives Matter activists. They are an explicitly racial movement, so how is it somehow out of bounds?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area