Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2015, 12:07 PM

58 posts, read 91,021 times

Advertisements

Hi-

The window of my dark blue Audi A4 parked in the Island Habitat complex on Mercer Island was broken on Friday Sep 25th around 7am and a grey bag with black dots was stolen. I am offering a reward for the bag and its contents (paperwork worthless for other people but will take me lots of time to reproduce)
I am also offering a reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the burglar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 12:57 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,839,120 times
Have you posted this on Craigslist? You might have better luck there. Sorry that happened to you

Old 10-08-2015, 09:09 PM

58 posts, read 91,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cezar9 View Post
Hi-

The window of my dark blue Audi A4 parked in the Island Habitat complex on Mercer Island was broken on Friday Sep 25th around 7am and a grey bag with black dots was stolen. I am offering a reward for the bag and its contents (paperwork worthless for other people but will take me lots of time to reproduce)
I am also offering a reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the burglar.
Some additional info came out. A male and a female in their 30s did the crime with a stolen Toyata Corolla. Homeless heroin addicts. Possibly dumped the bag in the First Hill/ Capitol Hill area.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:01 AM

3,533 posts, read 5,850,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cezar9 View Post
Hi-

A broken car window in Seattle area are dime a dozen.. Chances are the perp or perps will never get caught and car burglaries and thefts, I believe, if this has not changed, is only a Misdemeanor on first offense, which explains the epidemic of this problem we have.

The one rule I tell people in Seattle is if there is anything you cherish at all, whether or not you think it is valuable , do not leave it in plain sight in your vehicle or I can almost guarantee it will be gone. I, on purpose, keep my car messy, with lots of junk all over, jackets, garbage to make my car look less desirable. People cherish a clean car, but just know a clean interior car will be much easier visibility to a thief. Thieves don't like risking getting caught if they don't see an easy opportunity and there are plenty of naive people to pick on. Fancy cars stick out like a sore thumb and get the first look down, although I have seen people with utter junkers have their cars broken into because thieves saw something worth stealing.

Also, many of these thieves are pros and work in a ring and can have your stuff stolen and hawked/dispensed quicker than you can get a police report taken.

Car break-ins and theft is a major epidemic in Seattle and are liberalish politicians think it would be an immoral act to punish these poor souls who have had to resort to stealing to make a living. Sadly, this typical logic is what helps keep fueling the epidemic and making it grow worse. Also, there is a large ring of Russian/Eastern European mafia that actually runs these car and theft rings and gives thieves a safe environment to operate and quickly and safe sell off the stolen goods which are sold on the black market.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...owth-industry/
http://q13fox.com/2014/07/03/police-...of-car-thefts/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area