Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2016, 10:50 AM

3 posts, read 2,251 times

Advertisements

Hello,

We are relocating back to the west coast to the Redmond WA area, from South Carolina where we have lived the last 2 1/2 years. I want to find something affordable that is close to my husbands work in Redmond but still a decent commute to Northeastern University Seattle, where I'm attending graduate school (program can be completed entirely online, however I will benefit more if I take the hybrid courses from now on).

Most of all the place needs to be pet friendly to two dogs, one is a large mixed Labrador who weighs 85lbs. We'd like a home with a fence yard, but can do with a 3 bedroom apartment or Townhome. Not certain we want to buy there, though we are selling a home here.

We'd love child friendly areas too, as we have a toddler and our newest addition will be born shortly after the move. We both have temporary arrangement with his family to live until we find a place.

Any tips will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2016, 01:19 PM

1,651 posts, read 2,784,392 times
Please define 'affordable'. What's your monthly budget for rent? What's the absolute worst commute either of you are willing to tolerate? That would narrow things down.

Old 01-23-2016, 01:28 PM

Let's put the range at below 1900. At least 2 bedroom 1 bath, but we'd like a 3 bedroom 2 bath place. Commute should be an hour at most.

At this point I'd prefer to compile a list and contact them myself because rental specials change, and our move may happen in a month, but until our house sells, we will be staying with relatives.

Old 03-03-2016, 11:04 PM

6 posts, read 6,955 times
Default Redmond

I don't think you will be able to rent any place for under $2000 in Redmond. You might want to look into the Bothell/Lynnwood area, maybe Juanita or Shoreline... This is a very dog friendly area (anywhere) - you shouldn't have any problems with your dogs

Old 03-03-2016, 11:15 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,481,901 times
Yeah, I live in the area and 2 bedrooms are STARTING at $2k. The only reason I'm paying less is because I was grandfathered in at a lower rental cost. I'm not aware of any 2 bedrooms under $2000/mo in Redmond.

Rent doesn't get cheaper until you get to the Bothell area.

Old 03-04-2016, 10:39 AM

Thank you for your replies. I've noticed rent gets better up in the bothell area. It'll be a while longer till we settle into an apartment, with the intent to move into a rental home after that. We've upped our price range to a max of 2500. Of course we'd like to stay around 2000. I've seen some that fit that criteria quite nicely and look like good places. My concern is now being in a good school district for my son, who may need early head start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area