Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2016, 09:49 PM

2 posts, read 2,417 times

Advertisements

Hi All,
I will be moving with my family to Bellevue, WA this October. I have 2 kids ... 5 year old daughter & 5 month old son. Please suggest some good places to rent in a good school district. Commute time is not an issue till I am not stuck in traffic. What is the approximate rent for 1500 - 2000 sft apartment?
Appreciate any suggestions/recommendations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 10:24 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,829,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indtous View Post
Hi All,
I will be moving with my family to Bellevue, WA this October. I have 2 kids ... 5 year old daughter & 5 month old son. Please suggest some good places to rent in a good school district. Commute time is not an issue till I am not stuck in traffic. What is the approximate rent for 1500 - 2000 sft apartment?
Appreciate any suggestions/recommendations.
Bellevue, an apartment that size probably will be go for $2500-4000/mo these days, maybe less or maybe more depending on which part of Bellevue or the Eastside you are looking to live. Some of those downtown Bellevue apartments in that size range can even be in the $5000-6000 /range if we are talking elite penthouse style apartments.

Old 08-21-2016, 12:23 PM

8,070 posts, read 8,362,552 times
East Bellevue - Overlake, Crossroads, Eastgate.

Old 08-22-2016, 10:06 AM

128 posts, read 147,812 times
I assume its 2 adults and 2 kids? If so, 2000 sqft apartment is HUGE! Are you sure that is what you want? 2 bedroom apartments can be had around 800-1000 sqft. 3 bedroom apartments are around 1500-1800 sqft.

Bellevue School District, Lake Washington School District (Bellevue, Kirkland, etc) and North Shore School District (parts of Kirkland/Kenmore/Bothell, etc) are both very good. Good luck finding daycare for the 5 month old if your wife chooses to work as well! It is not easy!

There are a lot of outdoor things to do around the area, unless you want to stay inside the apartment a lot, no reason to get one as big as 2000 sqft.

Old 08-22-2016, 10:33 AM

13,066 posts, read 7,502,913 times
EastLake. Ideal for you, halfway between Udub and Southlake/FredHutch. Send kids to nearby private schools.
Nice area, Spendy though.
Disclaimer: own a rental, 2+2 there.

Old 09-09-2016, 07:34 PM

2 posts, read 2,417 times
Thanks for the inputs!! Truly appreciate it. Cost us definitely a factor & 1500+ sft is ruled out.
Can anyone provide any inputs on the following apartments?
Belcarra
Amli
The Madison
Martine
Foothill commons

Thanks,

Old 09-09-2016, 09:24 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,563 posts, read 81,131,933 times
Look on Yelp, there will be reviews from tenants. B Clara is close to downtown and therefore more exp naive, you would get more for your money at the Madison, which is close to Crossroads Mall, where we just were today. It's one of the most diverse areas around, with other people from India and Indian restaurants nearby. Bellevue schools are all good.

Old 09-11-2016, 01:40 PM

262 posts, read 307,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Look on Yelp, there will be reviews from tenants. B Clara is close to downtown and therefore more exp naive, you would get more for your money at the Madison, which is close to Crossroads Mall, where we just were today. It's one of the most diverse areas around, with other people from India and Indian restaurants nearby. Bellevue schools are all good.
I think the Crossroads area would be a good choice, too.

There is a large neighborhood off of Novelty Hill Road in Redmond Ridge, too, that has a large Indian population. No apartments there that I know of but maybe there are houses available to rent. It's a good area for kids.

Old 09-11-2016, 05:39 PM

764 posts, read 1,656,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Densi52 View Post
I think the Crossroads area would be a good choice, too.

There is a large neighborhood off of Novelty Hill Road in Redmond Ridge, too, that has a large Indian population. No apartments there that I know of but maybe there are houses available to rent. It's a good area for kids.
I would look at Crossroads in Bellevue first. Wonderful and diverse community. It would be closer to work in Bellevue.

You could also look at the Redmond Ridge area in Redmond which does have a large Indian population. They have bus service to downtown Redmond (you can get a transfer to Bellevue or Seattle, wherever you may be heading). They also have their own elementary school, Rosa Parks which is part of the Lake Washington School District. Washington State Report Card

There are 2 apartment complexes in Redmond Ridge. But one is only for 55 and older residents.

Apartments For Rent In Redmond: The Lodge @ Redmond Ridge | Redmond WA is more isolated with a small Indian grocery store, gas station, vet, and a few little restaurants across the street.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:43 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,563 posts, read 81,131,933 times
I stopped at the Redmond Fred Meyer yesterday and noticed a lot of Indian people there, in fact the person operating the children's play center was Indian, as were all 3 kids there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area