Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 11:24 AM

102,252 posts, read 108,199,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn hunter View Post
Wanted to do a quick follow-up to previous suggestion of Maple Valley....just a couple of things, traffic is bad. And if you do take the train into Seattle (which I do every day) be aware that the parking garage is full by 7:00 a.m. if not earlier, with the exception of Fridays. There is a park and ride lot about 10 blocks from the station, if you are up for the walk. Not saying Maple Valley is a bad idea, just don't think it will be an ideal commuter situation even with the train.
Back in the old days, when families only had one car , my mom used to drop my dad off at the trans-Bay bus stop for his commute to San Francisco. There's no reason a SAHM couldn't drop her hubs off at the train station. Seems silly to have a car just sitting idle all day taking up space in a parking lot. Unnecessary, for families with only one working adult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2016, 11:56 AM

1,305 posts, read 860,247 times
Funny! Yes, I remember my mom dropping my dad off at the train for work in Boston when I was a teen! Centuries ago! Wonder if OP might consider the Puyallup area...also on the Sounder train route and saw some Trump supporters out that way last weekend holding signs at an intersection! I would think it is pretty small and family oriented? Stuff always happening at the fairgrounds. No idea about schools, though.

Old 10-25-2016, 12:10 PM

8,075 posts, read 8,393,713 times
Schools in the Puyallup School District are generally quite good, but traffic in Puyallup is bottlenecked, making "getting to the station on time" more difficult. If hubby has the option of a 7-4 shift, however, that would help take care of the parking/traffic issues. If given credit for working 30 to 45 minutes on the train...

Also, look at Bonney Lake and Lake Tapps, east and northeast of Puyallup.

Old 10-25-2016, 12:22 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,054,207 times
Kitsap is voting on adding high speed ferries from 3 spots to downtown Seattle that would reduce the 1hr+ trip to 30 minutes.

http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/n...ting-from.html

Old 10-25-2016, 04:54 PM

9 posts, read 9,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn hunter View Post
Funny! Yes, I remember my mom dropping my dad off at the train for work in Boston when I was a teen! Centuries ago! Wonder if OP might consider the Puyallup area...also on the Sounder train route and saw some Trump supporters out that way last weekend holding signs at an intersection! I would think it is pretty small and family oriented? Stuff always happening at the fairgrounds. No idea about schools, though.

thanks! I'm considering everything at this point.!

Old 10-25-2016, 04:55 PM

9 posts, read 9,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey View Post
Schools in the Puyallup School District are generally quite good, but traffic in Puyallup is bottlenecked, making "getting to the station on time" more difficult. If hubby has the option of a 7-4 shift, however, that would help take care of the parking/traffic issues. If given credit for working 30 to 45 minutes on the train...

Also, look at Bonney Lake and Lake Tapps, east and northeast of Puyallup.
He can have a bit of flexibility and can work on the train. Ill look into those places!

Old 10-25-2016, 05:42 PM

8,075 posts, read 8,393,713 times
For instance:

18307 108 St Ct E, Bonney Lake, WA 09391 | MLS #1045043 | Zillow

$269,499, 3bd/3ba, 1,428sf, 5,199sf lot, private back yard, 1.7 miles to Bonney Lake Elementary ("9" at GreatSchools).

Bonney Lake WA Single Family Homes For Sale - 201 Homes | Zillow

Old 10-25-2016, 05:45 PM

1,630 posts, read 3,889,303 times
Just my two cents ... live as close to work as financially possible. Living in a place like Bonney Lake or Puyallup and working downtown would be crazy. I work with someone who lives in Bonney Lake and works in Kent and complains about the commute - add another 45 minutes to that each way! For $550K, you could find a house somewhere in Seattle that's one bus ride away from downtown ... don't worry about your politics - people here really don't care much about your views, unless you're "in your face" type folks. I live on a cul de sac with two gay couples, one DINK family, four Jewish families, and a Republican (!)... we all get along very well.

Old 10-26-2016, 09:12 AM

450 posts, read 551,919 times
I think you can find what you want in Shoreline or Edmonds maybe even Lynnwood area. Don't except some 5 acre property however.

FWIW there are plenty of Midwestern transplants here that are church going conservatives they just don't necessarily shout it from the roof tops nor put Trump signs on their lawns.

Old 10-26-2016, 10:01 AM

171 posts, read 356,544 times
I know that Renton is not really a "small town," but you might consider the Renton Highlands area. There's a church called Highlands Community Church (Highlands Community Church |). I know some conservative Republicans who attend there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area