Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 01:20 AM

114 posts, read 112,542 times

Advertisements

Restaurants close to the townhome at 2902 S 40th St in Tacoma within a few blocks:

The entire mall. Several restaurants including Cheesecake Factory, BJ's Brewhouse, Blazin' Onion. All offer great happy hour drinks / bites at great prices if you are into that (which we are ;-)

NYP Bar & Grill - great pizza, among other noshes. Brand new place. Great vibe. They have signs posted that show how fresh every beer is on a scale.

Outback Steakhouse

Buffalo Wild Wings - great for sports - watching football (and soccer as we call it here ;-)

Red Robin (specializing in gourmet burgers, but also everything else you could want - fish & chips, etc.)

Pacific Southern - American Southern flair. Great service. Great brunch. Literally steps from the townhome.

Marlene's Market & Deli

Chili-Thai (try their crab rangoon - it's SO good!)

And then all the fast-food joints - McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Time, Chick-Fil-A, Arby's, and two taco places that compete with each other right on the corner of 38th & Pine.

You might not even need to buy groceries having all those options - ha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2016, 02:04 AM

261 posts, read 221,594 times
Wow. You are so helpful. Fingers crossed I get to see and get this place

Old 12-31-2016, 09:00 AM

You're quite welcome! Maybe we can buy you a beer at one of the restaurants if you end up moving there

Old 01-01-2017, 05:05 PM

Sounds great!
I just received an email that the property is taken already
someone must have been monitoring this thread...damn you!!! :P

Old 01-01-2017, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul2015 View Post
Sounds great!
I just received an email that the property is taken already
someone must have been monitoring this thread...damn you!!! :P
Oh gosh! I'm sorry. Well, as I said before, a lot of properties are rented within days of being advertised here. It is such a hot market. So if you see something you want, you have to jump on it. Keep looking on Zillow and call the property manager directly in addition to applying online. Also look on Craigslist, if you haven't done so already.

When you do move up here, why don't you send me a private message and we can still meet up and buy you a beer to celebrate!

Old 01-01-2017, 11:44 PM

sounds like a plan! Thanks buddy.

And for everyone else: Thanks again. Please DO continue to post your findings/recommendations. I am always open.

Old 01-02-2017, 01:08 AM

8,072 posts, read 8,370,078 times
To find what's nearby, just search on an address in Google Maps, then query "grocery stores", "pharmacies", "restaurants", etc.

Zillow has a number of townhouses close to the Tacoma Mall:

4723 S Puget Sound Ave, Tacoma, WA 98409 | Zillow

4334 S Puget Sound Ave APT 6, Tacoma, WA 98409 | Zillow

4354 S Alder St, Tacoma, WA 98409 | Zillow

6006 S Cedar St # A, Tacoma, WA 98409 | Zillow

The Alder Street unit is one mile from Costco.

Old 01-04-2017, 03:07 AM

thanks CD!

wow another property taken away/off the market on Monday! :-/

Old 01-06-2017, 04:16 PM

Just viewed a property/townhouse in capitol hill.
Nope. Nope. Nope. Upkeep was poor and totally different from the pictures.

drats.

will continue to look at the properties CD mentioned but I feel defeated.
There is another property in Tacoma I got a phone call about today but was not able to make it for a viewing. I also heard Tacoma is not really a nice area? Meh - i dunno. I wont take their word right now given my situation.

Old 01-06-2017, 04:29 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul2015 View Post
Just viewed a property/townhouse in capitol hill.
Nope. Nope. Nope. Upkeep was poor and totally different from the pictures.

drats.

will continue to look at the properties CD mentioned but I feel defeated.
There is another property in Tacoma I got a phone call about today but was not able to make it for a viewing. I also heard Tacoma is not really a nice area? Meh - i dunno. I wont take their word right now given my situation.
In your other post you say you are breaking the lease due to potential work you have. But you are looking at both Capital Hill and Tacoma? That's quite a distance from each other, where is the potential work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area