Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2017, 11:07 AM

500 posts, read 841,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSnowFlakes View Post
I don't have much time to write out my disgust and anger with the dating scene that I've experienced in the Seattle area (also includes Tacoma, Lacey and Snohomish county areas.

Girls I've been on dates with only met with me one time.

One girl was even rude to text message me, addressed me as "hey" and told me she didn't want to continue with me.

Another girl, I thought we clicked together. She was introduced to me by my mother's friend. We sent each other text messages and met up at a coffee shop. I thanked her for the coffee shop get-together and wanted to have lunch with her. Her response was that she was going to eat out with co-workers on a Saturday. I then asked her about eating out together on Sunday. No response. I then texted her three hours later, in which she "finally" responded that she was going to go Christmas shopping.
To make a long story short, she ended up not responding to my subsequent text messages.

Why the hell are Seattle/Puget Sound girls so rude and don't meet up on more dates or show interest in a good guy who approach them?

I'm sick and tired of these one-time date/meet ups and not advancing any further. Very common amongst the ladies of Seattle / Puget Sound area. This is a guy coming from outside of WA state.

YOU are a classical example of a "special Snow Flake".

Grow up, welcome to real life, it ain't going to be your way all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 07:14 PM

19 posts, read 25,001 times
I am wondering where all these single men in Seattle are? So far, the only ones I have met that I think may be compatible, already have girlfriends. And the only ones who express an interest in me are unemployed alcoholics who live with their parents, married dudes looking for a mistress, or guys with a fat-fetish who would love to get their hands on my curves but have no substance. I am not trying to be picky-just a friendly fella with a brain and a job would do. And online dating is the worst! But at least I can weed out the fat-phobes without making any contact.:P

Old 01-09-2017, 09:59 PM

3 posts, read 3,574 times
I just moved here August from the Bay Area, and I haven't officially started dating I really haven't found any men here attractive. I've signed on to clover and bumble (dating apps) and literally I might have liked 10 guys (I've gotten few thousand likes/msgs for myself). Athough I'm simply viewing the prospects it just seems crazy to me. I'm not sure if I'm too picky or what but I can already tell that dating is going to be an uphill battle unfortunately.

Old 01-10-2017, 03:22 AM

1,370 posts, read 3,055,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcitizen View Post
Rampant feminism as elsewhere in the US. Why even bother? Most of them are a bunch of overweight, tatted up, pierced up hipsters. You consider that attractive? They're not worth your time. If there's one normal looking chick all the guys will be over her and the ***** shields will rise high but that same girl would be considered average somewhere in Eastern Europe for example. Look elsewhere. Plenty of feminine women on this planet worth pursuing. Many of them would love to move to America.
That's because Eastern Europe is still run by a patriarchy which expects women to always dress like models whilst men get to be fat, hairy, and wear track suits (I'm half Russian btw, I can say this ). Did I also mention that a lot of people seem to move here from former Eastern bloc nations? Jee, I wonder why...
We had that in America once too, it was called the 1950s. Here in Seattle, we like to live in the 21st Century, and if you don't agree with that there are plenty of flyover states who love people with that kind of mentality, which by the way, also seems to be where a lot of our transplants come from, again I wonder why...
Also as a man, what gives you the right to say what is feminine and what is not? If you don't like the way a woman looks, that's fine, but there's no need to shame people who not living up to your double standards of beauty.
Yes we're progressive, and unapologetic about it too, sorry not sorry.

Old 01-10-2017, 04:10 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcitizen View Post
Rampant feminism as elsewhere in the US. Why even bother? Most of them are a bunch of overweight, tatted up, pierced up hipsters. You consider that attractive? They're not worth your time. If there's one normal looking chick all the guys will be over her and the ***** shields will rise high but that same girl would be considered average somewhere in Eastern Europe for example. Look elsewhere. Plenty of feminine women on this planet worth pursuing. Many of them would love to move to America.
You must not have spent much time in Seattle; it's known to have the highest percentage of in-shape women in the US, along with the rest of the West Coast and Colorado. Women are very into outdoor activity here, generally, and tend to be active gym-goers as well. And I can tell you've never been to Eastern Europe, because you're oblivious to the fact that there are a lot of very average women there. (I'm Russian, I can say this. ) Oh, and btw, The Seattle area has a high percentage of Russian women in all age groups, like San Francisco and certain other parts of the Bay.

Old 01-10-2017, 05:21 PM

1,889 posts, read 2,201,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexiilove View Post
I just moved here August from the Bay Area, and I haven't officially started dating I really haven't found any men here attractive. I've signed on to clover and bumble (dating apps) and literally I might have liked 10 guys (I've gotten few thousand likes/msgs for myself). Athough I'm simply viewing the prospects it just seems crazy to me. I'm not sure if I'm too picky or what but I can already tell that dating is going to be an uphill battle unfortunately.
Guaranteed this is it. Thirsty white knights on social media have probably inflated your ego to Jupiter and now no one but a 6'3" male model is up to your standards, even though you're probably average yourself.

Old 01-10-2017, 05:26 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,295,551 times
Being a provider male and caring about them doesn't cut it anymore.. you have to be funny, edgy, likable, with a nice social circle, and it helps if you know how to playfully tease them

Women have more options because of social media and the like, even though it's supposed to be around 50/50 male female ratio in population, in reality a large number of men, say 50%, are have to put in an unnatural amount of effort and go beyond who they actually are to get anything, while the top 20% have their pick because they are naturally attractive from a biological, get her juices flowing and emotions going standpoint. I suspect a lot of these top 20% are bedding 2, 3 different women at a time, and a lot of the women who are attracted to these types of men have slept with dozens of men in their lifetimes if not more. Like attracts like. These are the single mothers with 2+ kids on dating sites that use the word "fun" in their profile and never respond to a typical guy's messages.. they don't want a father figure, they want to have "fun" ... monogamous relationships developed later in our evolution and depending on upbringing and genetics the drive to be with the "alpha" male is stronger in some women that to have a stable family life.

Unfortunately the supply of nice, loyal housewife types who are attracted to normal, less exciting men, is not as high as the supply of men who want one.

These are all generalizations and don't apply to everyone of course... it's more a contrast of the way things were say 50 years ago when religion had more rigid control over our base impulses and our ability to just "fly free" and enjoy all the pleasures of life without guilt.. our suppressed genetic urges... just wasn't there like it is today.

Last edited by sholomar; 01-10-2017 at 05:37 PM..

Old 01-10-2017, 06:15 PM

1,142 posts, read 1,144,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Then there is the recent emphasis on career, people are waiting until their 30s or even 40s to marry and have kids, so there is no longer an urgency to find a mate..
Don't they need sexual healing?

Old 01-10-2017, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy950 View Post
Guaranteed this is it. Thirsty white knights on social media have probably inflated your ego to Jupiter and now no one but a 6'3" male model is up to your standards, even though you're probably average yourself.
Why assume that when she's only been there a few months?

Old 01-10-2017, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptuneDreams View Post
I am wondering where all these single men in Seattle are? So far, the only ones I have met that I think may be compatible, already have girlfriends. And the only ones who express an interest in me are unemployed alcoholics who live with their parents, married dudes looking for a mistress, or guys with a fat-fetish who would love to get their hands on my curves but have no substance. I am not trying to be picky-just a friendly fella with a brain and a job would do. And online dating is the worst! But at least I can weed out the fat-phobes without making any contact.:P
The single guys are participating in hikes with The Mountaineers, they're at REI (which organizes social events), they're in the canoe and kayak clubs, and in the neighborhood soccer leagues that the Parks Dept. organizes. A few are in the Parks Dept. martial arts classes, the Chi Gong-in-the-Park sessions on weekends, and are volunteering for the Folk Life organization that puts on the annual Folk Life Festival and other events. Some are at the Balkan dance evenings, others are into Contra dancing, others may be in Swing or Salsa dance groups.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 01-10-2017 at 06:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area